**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Starlord's element gun

2»

Comments

• KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Why should sl be made better than he already is? Other champs need updates more than he does

This all day.
    They should do the same for Hawkeye arrows and give him some variety

This actually makes more sense even though HE is another champ that I think is great as is.
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    @Kenshio we're analyzing the randomness of Starlord's element gun. Maybe another thread regarding AA and Iceman.
    @KhanMedina maybe you could suggest some of those other champs to the game team on another thread? In particular we're looking at analyzing a strategy mechanic to reward skill based gameplay.
    Nerfed2Def wrote: »
    @KhanMedina maybe you could suggest some of those other champs to the game team on another thread? In particular we're looking at analyzing a strategy mechanic to reward skill based gameplay.

You realize part of the discussion regarding a buff for Starlord must include the fact that he's already better than 95% of the other champs, right? We aren't all going to start a new thread to counter your thread. It's much easier to have the discussion regarding other people needing buffs more than Starlord in the thread requesting a buff for Starlord. Sorry you just wanted to have people come in here and agree with you, but that's not how forums work.
    @KhanMedina have you read the original post? No need to answer that. A buff is not mentioned anywhere nor would it be. Nobody can defend buffing SL. However, changing the afore mentioned element gun mechanic to favor skill based strategy for competitive play has been found to be an interesting idea by most with a couple of valid counterpoints related to character traits. There seems to be confusion or lack of ability to remain on topic with mention of other champs. The statement is simple and does not look for agreement nor disagreement and neither do I sir. So, if you have some theory regarding other champs you'd like updated, communicate that to a mod to relay to the game team on another thread. Mention names and distinct updates to characters etc. The thread need not be to counter this one as there is not one. I understand you are not for the afore mentioned element gun mechanic. Noted.
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    ive lost faith in humanity, this guy wants to buff the best champ on the game
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    So you want to buff starlord (don’t care how you word it, giving him the ability to get the debuff you need every time IS a buff) to help rewards skill....
    Is his signature ability not rewarding skill enough? Because last I checked being able to maintain a combo of 100+ Is definitely rewarding skill.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Anything that improves requirements for skill and strategy are wanted...
  • I am not sure, if SL is given the ability to choose what element to be used won't everyone stick to power drain and shock and rarely heal block?? I have him and it's really fun to use him, sometimes I wish if he just used element gun to power drain but it might be Armor break or shock.

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Giving you the option of choosing the element gun effect is a buff!

Being able to select power drain or shock at will would give SL far more control over the entire fight than he currently has. This could only be described as a buff; and SL is already the champ with the highest damage potential in the game.

One small thing: his element gun isn't 100% random: it was changed several updates ago to reduce the chance of procuring Heal Block on characters who did not regenerate. The other three effects are equally effective on all characters, so were left as equally random.
    Ladies and gentleman, call it what ever you see fit. How someone can debate an option that benefits a skilled player around regen, safeguard , etc, is beyond me but it is welcomed. Perhaps we’ll start seeing this mechanic implemented with updated champs sooner than later. Much to some dismay apparently. Threads pertaining to this can only help
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    how about a passive +60% energy resistance?! :D
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    While we're at it, might as well give him OG Deadpool's regen, Hyperion's power gain, Pre 12.0 Thor's Armor breaks, pre 12.0 DS's buffs, AA's Neuro, Ice Armor and GP's bleed too.
  • This is a very good idea,to give the option for us,like we can do with winter soldier,this random result is really annoying,well done,good job!
    @KhanMedina have you read the original post? No need to answer that. A buff is not mentioned anywhere nor would it be. Nobody can defend buffing SL. However, changing the afore mentioned element gun mechanic to favor skill based strategy for competitive play has been found to be an interesting idea by most with a couple of valid counterpoints related to character traits. There seems to be confusion or lack of ability to remain on topic with mention of other champs. The statement is simple and does not look for agreement nor disagreement and neither do I sir. So, if you have some theory regarding other champs you'd like updated, communicate that to a mod to relay to the game team on another thread. Mention names and distinct updates to characters etc. The thread need not be to counter this one as there is not one. I understand you are not for the afore mentioned element gun mechanic. Noted.

Sorry that you aren't clear on the definition of a buff. Things that make a champ better are buffs. This would clearly make the champ better. No need for us to interact further.
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    I am not about to read all the comments so if this has been stated before I apologize but maybe in keeping it random but allowing a person to know what element they're getting: Maybe it should be on a timer (with a symbol to let the user know what they're getting) that switches elements everything 30 seconds and the element randomly switches. That way it'll still be random and you could even get back to back the same element.
    @Goken2345 I could live with that as well. Some way for the player to work strategically is desired. Someone mentioned a mechanic by way of combo. A certain number combo offers a particular element. Your suggestion has not been mentioned before and thank you. Much better than illogical sarcasm or irrelevant points. See above
    nh6xqsvqbbwj.png
    These are buffs. Kabam support/buffs. To be precise.
    @Nerfed2Def I saw a lot of those comments and I didn't want to read all that so I just skipped to comment.
    nh6xqsvqbbwj.png
    These are buffs. Kabam support/buffs. To be precise.

You're being intentionally difficult about this definition. You want to do something to Starlord that would make him better, correct? That's requesting a buff. No one said you were asking for him to get a regeneration buff. You can keep your thread and talk to yourself if you're going to ignore all rational discussion that doesn't agree with you, but you look silly posting a definition that isn't related to the conversation.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Just allow the thread to get buried pretty much nearly everyone disagrees with this idea.
    I don't know if it's a buff per say. If it is, then he already has it.
  • Nerfed2Def wrote: »
    The randomness of his gun is dated. Now that champs like WS can switch ammo, Starlord should be able to do the same with his element gun. Please take this to the game team for implementing next update. Really would put his utility up there with other champs.

If you have S.L. and if you have his sig unlocked its been proven thats about all you need from him. Make an already powerful champs better? Not going to happen. Get over it and be happy you got one of the best champs in the game already. Greed is a sin.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    A change to a champ is either a nerf or a buff. Or nothing actually gets changed (like the stance of Thor, that’s being discussed in another post, changing his stance can’t be considered a buff or nerf, since it doesn’t change anything about his fighting, he’ll just look different). But the change you’re suggesting will change something about his fighting, about how good he is, so it’s a buff or a nerf, and this is clearly a buff. He get’s better by this, because you have more control. He loses his unpredictability which imo would be a bad thing, but that doesn’t make it a nerf. It’s a buff any way you look at it.

Now posting another definition of the word buff, very nicely done, but in no way relevant. If I don’t want my employe to leave early and he’s making a case that he isn’t technically leaving early because he didn’t took a break, how will showing a pile of leaves help? It are also leaves, but it has nothing to do with the topic. So wave around any definition of buff you want and claim you’re not asking for one, but you are, at least be a man (or woman) and admit that. You want a buff, own it.
  • BriceMiesterBriceMiester Posts: 278
    I have to agree with Nerf on this one
    Star Lord is quite powerful already but not knowing what your spec 2 is going to do in a fight is a major disadvantage, shocking Electro wont do anything but make him stronger and heal blocking opponents without regeneration is useless, not to mention armor break on opponents with little armor or pulling power from an opponent that just used his or has little to give is again pointless, his spec 2 is literally a shot in the dark, being able to choose the setting before the fight is more Realistic and would actually make Star Lord more deserving of his God Tier Rank
  • BriceMiesterBriceMiester Posts: 278

@Goken2345 I could live with that as well. Some way for the player to work strategically is desired. Someone mentioned a mechanic by way of combo. A certain number combo offers a particular element. Your suggestion has not been mentioned before and thank you. Much better than illogical sarcasm or irrelevant points. See above

This is actually a fantastic idea, I mean yeah having the ability to choose would make one of my favorite champs more powerful than this suggestion would, but this is a realistic compromise and it's more a nerf than a buff which is easier to implement, considering hes a combo based champ it just fits right in with his stats
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Nice Necro. Can this thread be closed already?
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    LET IT DIE!!!