**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Points System feels wrong!

KrueLeeKrueLee Posts: 52
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
Watching the result of our last alliance war made our alliance wondering. We’re understanding how it works and where the points come from, BUT should this really result in a loss?

Comments

• Wasy1Wasy1 Posts: 95

Yes because the other alliance had more points scored than you guys. That’s all that matters.

Have you calculated?
  • KrueLeeKrueLee Posts: 52
    The calculation isn’t wrong, but it feels not to be fair if you loose by defeating the opponents more often in a shorter period of time while being 4 participants less
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    edited October 2021
    well the extra 30k points for winning is for the season ranking the rest is based off the match... seems you guys got screwed over the most off diversity cause lack of participation... which is honestly kinda dumb but thats what happens when theres lack of activity
    mmmbanyas said:

If your alliance is talking about AW, now is a good time to talk about your diversity and why you didn’t explore 100%. Get your diversity up and explore 100% and you won’t have anything to question. Looks like only 25 people participated too so it seems like your alliance doesn’t take AW seriously.

We had new members unable to join😉
    Graves_3 said:

KrueLee said:

Hm, in my opinion playing better than the opponents should be good for something.

Depends what you call as better. Clearly they were more committed since more people participated and they placed more defenders. They also explored more.
    So kabam decides winner on commitment not on points? Yeah
    Don’t get me wrong, I definitely know that our diversity wasn’t good, and why we lost! Additionally I know that exploration got more important since the last changes. But should it be impossible to win even by fighting better only because the alliance hasn’t enough members or some new guys who are unable to join?

well the extra 30k points for winning is for the season ranking the rest is based off the match... seems you guys got screwed over the most off diversity cause lack of participation... which is honestly kinda dumb but thats what happens when theres lack of activity

141150 points, winner
    141730 points, lose the war

Only Kabam can do this
    edited October 2021
    Graves_3 said:

You said playing better than opponents. Your opponents had more points so objectively they were better than your alliance.

Sorry but no, they have been more, had a better diversity and spent l a lot of potions. That’s not fighting better, only better for $$$
    edited October 2021
    That’s smart? And better? Lol we just don’t needed ours, these are still in the overflow 😉
    My criticism is about the points system, I’m just missing the good old mcoc times, when the competition was about fighting good in a fighting game, not about being enough people or spending more money 😉
    Offending me personally tells me enough about you, and I guess you haven’t even been here before the times of diversity and attack bonus.

Probably should have explored more of the map with them then...

None of us didn’t make it through the map😉 we had 29 members at the start of the AW, 1 guy on vacation and 3 new members unable to join.

When has exploring more of the map not been beneficial in war?

Yes exploration has always been beneficial, and the loss was correct after the current points system. But should it be like this?

I’m not sure, maybe I’m misunderstood because I’m not writing in my own language.

Let’s compare it to soccer, one team has only 10 players because of a red card, should they automatically be unable to win because of missing about 10% of players (yes the 10% are not a perfect match but I think comparable to 25vs29)