**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Advice wanted

Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Okay, I'm Proven, level 58. I'm trying to r3 and (eventually) r4 my 5*s so I can get through Act 4 after it's shortened and then shoot for Uncollected. It's going to take ages for me to get the cats I need just doing Heroic EQ. I've tried and struggled to do the first half of Master.

So, should I start my own solo alliance and just do AQ to help get cats? Is that a viable option?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

x23 was my highest rated champ, ronan was r1 5*. Timestamp says 15th March 2017, you really shouldn't need a rank 4 r5* with today's godly champions.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    what do you mean after it’s shortened?

and you don’t need five stars to do act 4
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

what do you mean after it’s shortened?

they said in the dev diary they're shortening Acts 3 and 4 to make it easier/faster for people to get to Act 5 and Uncollected.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

If you practice your parry, dexing, and baiting specials you should be able to fly through act 4 with r4 4*s :).

I don't know how to bait specials. I suck at parry and dex. Half the time I'm lucky to block.

I have 5* Phoenix at top of r4, Hulk OG at 3/44, along with OG Vision, Rocket, Havok, Bishop, Psylocke, Aegon, Stealthy and Iron Fist. Civil Warrior is 3/41. Sunspot, HR, BPCW, OG Cap, Yondu, Ant-Man, Cage are all 2/34. I also have a 6* Wags at about level 3 or 4 of R1.
    I know the bugs in game are very detrimental but practicing on those skills will take you so much farther than you think. Trust me you should not be needing R4 5*s to do Act 4, I barely had R3s when I was getting Uncollected.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Not trying to be rude at all but if you don't learn how to bait specials a little and improve parry/dex (outside of the bugs/other issues causing problems with them lately) you are unlikely to be able to progress here without just buying your way through it.

If you need r4 5* to get Conqueror you will run out of room to continue to advance your champs to keep handling the higher content. I needed r5 5* and had a lucky couple r2 6* I was able to use to get Cavalier which is higher than most here would say I should have needed I think but you definitely don't need the level of champs you are talking about while still at Proven level to get Conqueror. Also, as was stated above, some of the champs you can get now (which granted is mostly RNG) make things much easier anyways.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Crine60 said:

Not trying to be rude at all but if you don't learn how to bait specials a little and improve parry/dex (outside of the bugs/other issues causing problems with them lately) you are unlikely to be able to progress here without just buying your way through it.

If you need r4 5* to get Conqueror you will run out of room to continue to advance your champs to keep handling the higher content. I needed r5 5* and had a lucky couple r2 6* I was able to use to get Cavalier which is higher than most here would say I should have needed I think but you definitely don't need the level of champs you are talking about while still at Proven level to get Conqueror. Also, as was stated above, some of the champs you can get now (which granted is mostly RNG) make things much easier anyways.

Exactly, I had to struggle through Crossbones with the recently buffed Colossus at R3 at the time, skills like parry, dexing, and baiting take you very far in this game. And I'm not even close to perfect at any of those things.
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    I had one R3 5* when I beat the collector and I had 1 R5 5* when I became cavalier 3 months later
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    learning to practice baiting specials is all well and good, but I LITERALLY don't know how you do that.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    I had 2 5r3s when I got UC.
  • Jdubs_1Jdubs_1 Posts: 3

learning to practice baiting specials is all well and good, but I LITERALLY don't know how you do that.

There are some really good guides on youtube that show you how to do it.
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Odachi said:

x23 was my highest rated champ, ronan was r1 5*. Timestamp says 15th March 2017, you really shouldn't need a rank 4 r5* with today's godly champions.

I was running this with SW (Classic), BW (Classic), crossbones, vision (aou) and falcon..at a time when cb and fc were still mid and meh tier
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,725 ★★★★★
    Dorky Diggedy Dave has some great videos on all kinds of things that are worth watching if you're a new player.

Dexing/Evading:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPH60F-IETI

Parry:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRPXxHrgDnY

Baiting specials:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTGFXN9kZNI
  • Sergeant_Sergeant_ Posts: 272 ★★

Practice! Try to observe the timing of your opponent's special and then dash back at the right time. I would suggest jumping into ROL and fighting Winter Soldier. Try and bait his sp1 only (Sp2 is quite impossible even for the best of the best players).

Please do not rank up Phoenix any further or OG Hulk or any other champs are that not good. Rank up Havok, Bishop, Stealthy and Sunspot. All the other champs you mentioned are useless in further content. You have the roster to become UC, but you just need to hone your skills.

Practice and master parrying and dexing! This is the most important thing you should do in Act 4......