**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Day of the Deadpool

2»

Comments

• I have a doubt guys. I chose cosmic nexus from deadpool offers . So the thing is now hercules is not in basic pool ,will i get hercules in the nexus once he is added or it is just filled with champs released till date. Pls tell me guys!
  • Lordshubhang_670Lordshubhang_670 Posts: 26
    edited October 2021
    Pls help me with this confusion guys!
  • AndymythAndymyth Posts: 11
    I actually did every AQ fight with my 4 star Deadpool, got a taxi round from 5 other members of my alliance so must have got about 50 points or so. Ended up getting 5 star Deadpool (useless to my account but most of us collect). I ended up with 491 points without spending money and without having to grind....i did login frequently to use the 1-4 star champs to do the fights. I actually think this was better than the horrible grinding event that we had to do to get the 4 star Deadpool originally. So it was possible to use AQ if you hadn't started and not as bad as most of the events they do so not sure why there was so much hate for this event.
  • n00bslayer47n00bslayer47 Posts: 18
    this is probably a silly thing to complain about but i feel like the top 1000 got the worse deal for the rank rewards. I was really hoping to get top 10% so i could replenish my gold but instead i got a meme teir 5 star that doesnt really have any use other than being a flex. really hope that the top 1000 ranked people who paid for this can atleast get some gold. would be super nice :)
  • Mad_Titan72Mad_Titan72 Posts: 82
    Fortunately was sitting on 38 Million in gold when the event started and had 850 units to put towards recharging in the arena. Glad to have the 5 Star Deadpool for pretty minimal effort. Honestly didn't expect to to get in the top 1000.
  • Gopack88Gopack88 Posts: 2
    Can’t believe I only put of 347 points and somehow got top 1000. I thought that’d be safe for 10-20% maybe top 10%. I would have stopped playing yesterday if I’d have known I was going to get NO gold. I guess this will be the last event like this I enter. What a waste of money.
  • 0Zeta00Zeta0 Posts: 4
    I suspect at least 70% of players in the top 1000 of the Deadpool oversaturated event did not want to end up in the top 1000. They likely wanted to end up with between 3M to 5M gold, so they can either replenish their gold after their gold offer purchases or be able to buy all the gold offers. I made 845 with only 328 points. Surely, this is an effort a player consciously puts not to make top 1000. Depriving the ranked players from percentage rewards in an event with no baseline for the scores only alienates players. This is made worse when gold offers are offered at the same time to entice players.
  • Gopack88Gopack88 Posts: 2
    0Zeta0 said:

I suspect at least 70% of players in the top 1000 of the Deadpool oversaturated event did not want to end up in the top 1000. They likely wanted to end up with between 3M to 5M gold, so they can either replenish their gold after their gold offer purchases or be able to buy all the gold offers. I made 845 with only 328 points. Surely, this is an effort a player consciously puts not to make top 1000. Depriving the ranked players from percentage rewards in an event with no baseline for the scores only alienates players. This is made worse when gold offers are offered at the same time to entice players.

Yeah, I most certainly will never do this again. The rewards for people who did less are better than the top tier rewards. And by that, I mean the minimum rank rewards. I’d be willing to bet that most people would take 1 mil gold over a 5 star Deadpool. Maybe if it was a 6 star I wouldn’t be so frustrated, but that 5 star for all intents and purposes, is completely worthless. And no goldpool crystals or unit crystals to go along with the 0 gold. Just doesn’t seem right.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    I don't know why so many people thought the cutoff was actually going to be high (1000+). Signs pointed to it being low. Winner's pool was relatively huge given that It wasn't free to enter, scoring opportunities were limited to certain champs, avenues to score were limited and time consuming (Quickmatch made it easier to use every champ possible as frequently as possible, but it was still slow unless you paid units), DP is low pi even maxed out and not meta relevant. He's no Thanos or Kang and definitely no Weapon X. I'm glad he kinda sucks because if he was ridiculously OP or if this was 2018/2019, I wouldn't have gotten him as easily as this.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    0Zeta0 said:

I suspect at least 70% of players in the top 1000 of the Deadpool oversaturated event did not want to end up in the top 1000. They likely wanted to end up with between 3M to 5M gold, so they can either replenish their gold after their gold offer purchases or be able to buy all the gold offers.

I have no idea why anyone who wanted to safely grab some gold would put up more than about 200 points.

Part of the challenge to these kinds of events is gauging the level of effort other people are going to put in, both if you’re shooting for the very top, but also if you’re jockeying for other ranked rewards. There was a very high probability that the cutoff was going to fall within the range of between 300 and 700 points. Anyone putting up scores in that range had a nonzero probability of making it into the top 1000. If I absolutely did not want to land Deadpool, I would have put up 150 and stopped. Anything higher makes no sense to me.