**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

No_oneuk said:

what did you use units on for the parry bug.

was it revives and potions perhaps?

that's why they're compensating revives and potions.

:neutral: i cant convert revives and pots to units. Imagine paying $50 for something that was your seller's fault. Then, after 10 years, the seller gives you $50 worth of stuff. Will that be enough compensation?
    NO.
    I also grinded tons of units from arena TO use on revives/pots.
    And also the amount of revives/pots is way too less to ever compensate.
    You wouldn't be using Units on anything BUT Pots and Revs, that was the result of the bugs. They never cost us Cavs. Lol.
  • So why not use the pots that they gave you in compensation? Surely you’re not blowing that many pots in MEQ? If you are it’s you, not the game.

Or are you one of those people who are trying to have it both ways? Use the free resources to push content you’re not ready for and then blame the game when you inevitably fail.
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
    Mauled said:

So why not use the pots that they gave you in compensation? Surely you’re not blowing that many pots in MEQ? If you are it’s you, not the game.

Or are you one of those people who are trying to have it both ways? Use the free resources to push content you’re not ready for and then blame the game when you inevitably fail.

The pots they gave last a couple quests lmfao. What you're not taking into account is some people who are unlucky have capiw as their best champ and that's their only option for V7.3.1 and they lose 5 pots taking down a warlock who seems to guaranteed crit each time they miss a parry :neutral:
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    If you’re going to say “ it’s your fault for trying”, I’d like to point out that by saying that, you’re saying that every person should stop pushing any content. Pretty absurd. Might wanna rerun that one through the brain.

Instead we are supposed to be playing. To do that we need more pots and revives than we’ve been getting up front. And unit compensation.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    I’m pretty sure all the L5 potions and L2 revives they gave in the compensation added up to more than 2000 units (and this is excluding the AQ rewards, where they gave LOTS of glory too). As for your valuable time, it was given back in the form of a 5 and 6 star nexus and more, so you can’t complain about that. (I’m just gonna assume you’re TB, but even if you’re not, you still got suitable rewards for your progression level).
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    MojoHater said:

Mauled said:

So why not use the pots that they gave you in compensation? Surely you’re not blowing that many pots in MEQ? If you are it’s you, not the game.

The pots they gave last a couple quests lmfao. What you're not taking into account is some people who are unlucky have capiw as their best champ and that's their only option for V7.3.1 and they lose 5 pots taking down a warlock who seems to guaranteed crit each time they miss a parry :neutral:
    Ok, but why would you try to do V7 when the bug is there? Just why? I mean I did it too because I’m stupid and impatient, but I know that it’s my fault and I’m not asking for more revives or potions
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    They don't give units as compensation outside of the gifting badge debacle with Stark's Briefcase.

You'll get more pots and revives and possibly another Nexus way before they give units.
  • AmaniacAmaniac Posts: 12
    Hi. Anyone happen to know when the next compensation is coming? Like doesn’t Kabam owe us a massive one cos that one compensation we got in August still didn’t compensate for all the times we’ve died due to the bug. We need like units or a bunch of revives, instead of useless shards and crystals. Thanks.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    No
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited October 2021
    MojoHater said:

Mauled said:

So you’re telling me you’re spending your potions on quests you’ve just admitted you don’t have the correct counters for and are wondering why you’re having a problem?

Don’t become a defence lawyer, the jails would get even more overcrowded than they already are.
  • QueenNJAHQueenNJAH Posts: 33
    How is it not unreasonable to ask for more compensation when some people’s game play is completely stalled due to Kabams issues? Like I understand ppl are pushing for content their roster isn’t fleshed out for, but a lot of us have great rosters have been playing and progressing fine but now end game content is very inconsistent. Individual compensation should be double what it is right now and on a consistent basis. Units might be a stretch but Kabam has really be underestimating how much individual compensation is fair given the bugs.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

DrZola said:

The announcement suggested questing relief would be “occasional.” I imagine we will see how well the current game engine holds up for 7.1.3 on Wednesday and then determine if there will be another infusion of pots.

For everything else, are you not chock full of AQ/AW pots?

Dr. Zola

I'd recommend waiting until after parry/dex issues are fixed before trying this permanent content. I think we have learned that solo player compensation does not match actual item use.
    That’s what they have told us. I’m not sure what the expectation should be though—if the game is malfunctioning, shouldn’t that be cause for pausing new permanent content?

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Typhoon said:

DrZola said:

Typhoon said:

DrZola said:

The announcement suggested questing relief would be “occasional.” I imagine we will see how well the current game engine holds up for 7.1.3 on Wednesday and then determine if there will be another infusion of pots.

For everything else, are you not chock full of AQ/AW pots?

Dr. Zola

I'd recommend waiting until after parry/dex issues are fixed before trying this permanent content. I think we have learned that solo player compensation does not match actual item use.
    That’s what they have told us. I’m not sure what the expectation should be though—if the game is malfunctioning, shouldn’t that be cause for pausing new permanent content?

Dr. Zola
    Personally I don't see any issue with continuing to release permanent content while the bugs persist; its up to the player if they want to take the risk. What I do have an issue with is the event quests or temporary content being pushed out while the bugs persist, with compensation not matching the level of effort to complete said temporary content.
    Fair point. But bills don’t pay themselves.

Dr. Zola
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★

Amaniac said:

Hi. Anyone happen to know when the next compensation is coming? Like doesn’t Kabam owe us a massive one cos that one compensation we got in August still didn’t compensate for all the times we’ve died due to the bug. We need like units or a bunch of revives, instead of useless shards and crystals. Thanks.

You'll never get units. Ever.
    ^^^
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Yo kabam, where dat single player package.

Amaniac said:

You'll never get units. Ever.
    Judging from Kabam's attitude towards us when it comes to giving away units, you're right lmao
    Also, I'm not trying to sound greedy or anything like that. Kabam has given us wonderful compensation in the past but I feel like nowadays, the stuff we get from them has been lacking. Sure, we get 6* Nexus crystals and all that but is that really gonna help us recover from the number of times we've died from these bugs? Like would you rather get a good champ like Dr. Doom from a 6* Nexus but no have fun playing with him cos of the bugs, or get a bunch of revives and boosts to help you progress and earn more rewards along the way?
    Amaniac said:

Also, I'm not trying to sound greedy or anything like that. Kabam has given us wonderful compensation in the past but I feel like nowadays, the stuff we get from them has been lacking. Sure, we get 6* Nexus crystals and all that but is that really gonna help us recover from the number of times we've died from these bugs? Like would you rather get a good champ like Dr. Doom from a 6* Nexus but no have fun playing with him cos of the bugs, or get a bunch of revives and boosts to help you progress and earn more rewards along the way?

I'm talking about 6* Nexus from the compensation btw
  • zbot34zbot34 Posts: 442
    I am still finding the Parry mechanic and Dexterity mechanic not working how it did prior to the Hercules monthly EQ update several months ago. I have noticed that defenders in both AQ, monthly EQ and AW are recovering from a parry much quicker to where you can even try a Heavy attack or you will get smacked for a quick 5 hit combo and in AW and AQ a 5 hit combo from the AI could mean over 50% of your health gone and then you have to use resources which you normally would not need to if these mechanics were sitting properly. Now in AW I can understand if another player has Limber maxed out in their mastery section but not many players I know have that Mastery maxed out plus to have the same mal-function of the stun duration from Parry when it works not lasting as long on both AQ defenders and monthly EQ defender is definitely not feel like a coincidence of running into a summoner in AW that has Limber maxed out. The fact that this is still an issue is ridiculous!

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 619 ★★★
    Personally, I would take the Doom now and hope the game gets fixed soon, lol. But that is just me
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    There is no parry and dex issues. And if after such a long time you still have a problem with a very very tiny change in the contact timing and can't get used to it - it's totally your fault.