**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is AQ a horrific grindfest or is it just me?

Man 2 years playing aq steadily and i hate the start of AQ especially during aw season man. Its not fun. The apoc version is stale af. The void on the bleed path so even corvus takes damage from bleed. Thats not strategy thats boring. The fact nf on the bleed path doesnt get his fury for whatever reason. The mini bosses are trash. This is not fun this is not a strategic game mode anymore its mind numbing torture.

Is AQ a horrific grindfest or is it just me? 63 votes

Is aq still fun?
12%
Total_Domin01LordSmasherEwell65SSS69H3t3rDkcody42SkyLord7000KablInvicta_Hellion 8 votes
Has AQ become a torture grind?
26%
CristalmanKade7175Little_Crocodili29SbkruebMobile_P0tat0Hera1d_of_Ga1actusPratham02MercymakerPolygonChikelNix2222AdevatiAmnetiesJoshKosh557Nalak8CabbageRancherQueenNJAH 17 votes
Should they update AQ seasons more?
15%
SpeedbumpMqc19Grootman1294Pdogg614IronGladiator22Stupid91Sergeant_AntzRodzHiwoeLemon_Man44 10 votes
Would updated rewards or glory store help?
38%
Rbk19pseudosanePseudouberMreyay2234JakearoundMalreck04brandinhogforcefanDonDudu2809Thoye3MaxLeeBollandAJ007dHusstleAce2319MrSakuragiLBN1TheBussibaerPs_cr7marino123 24 votes
Other suggestion?
6%
MoosetiptronicColinwhitworth69Joker1976Godliek 4 votes

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Nothing wrong with the quest imo, reward to the side they always need to be updated from map crystals to glory store. But map 8 is on its way.
    The game itself is a grind, always will be. It’s not a login and beat on day 1 type of game so it’ll always feel like a grind. Doing story quest, grind. Doing arenas, grind. Doing aw, grind.

If Aq is boring and stale then don’t play it. There isn’t much they can do to change the layout. Make map, defeat map, earn rewards. That’s how it is for everything, so expecting something different? Maybe jus throw all of the aq rewards into the calendar, and remove aq altogether. Then it’ll be more exciting.
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    map 4 seems alright
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Is aq still fun?
    I enjoy it, map 5 and 6 is what I've been doing lately. Good teamwork aspect
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I usually hate aq as its very boring, I am a war guy. Thankfully this week is foresight week after a looooong time.
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 370 ★★★
    Should they update AQ seasons more?
    By far the worst game mode. So redundant and boring.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Other suggestion?
    The problem with AQ is that it is a 5 day on grind…and as soon as ones over another one is starting. IMO new maps with new mini bosses and a new boss isn’t the solution. For close to 3 years now I did the work and logged in the next day to make my AQ moves on my breaks and lunches…sitting in my car on a construction site lol. But I am happily done with all that and the alliance I am in doesn’t feel the need to 100% the maps all five days,..it’s too demanding on 30 members and it can create animosity towards each other regarding who’s doing “all the work”,…and who’s not “pulling their weight “. We now do what we can and are content with the few thousand glory we get each week…and most importantly we are happy 😊
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,359 ★★★★★
    Is aq still fun?
    Why are the answers all questions?

I only play Map 2 now and we run 1 map and run the boss. Quick as pie and still get glory enough for cool stuff.

I find it the best mode to play with my roster that doesn't fit the current meta.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    This poll is confusing so I didn't vote.

But basically, AQ needs some innovative/creative changes. Also better/more relevant rewards.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    I stopped AQ completely when the glory started flowing from compensation and don't miss it one bit.

I dread the day when I have to start doing it again.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    Has AQ become a torture grind?
    I wish AQ would get discontinued , it feels stale and too much like a chore
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,794 ★★★★★
    I started my own alliance yesterday and I already hate AQ and I haven't even finished one yet.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    You don't seem to understand of a poll...

AQ is boring as hell, but without it I don't get enough rank-up materials.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    I like AQ, map6 is easy enough with great rewards for rank up materials.

Doesnt take too long either log in for max 15mins, use your energy up and login later again. The 6 energy at the start and all nodes unlinked makes this much more enjoyable

What i dont like about it is you fight the same opponents every time. there r effectively 2 maps, with 3 different minis. I would prefer if they were all different and changes every week.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Other suggestion?
    Horrific? No.

Stale? Yes.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    It's boring but I need glory to progress. No way around it.

The one thing I would prefer if they did away with is having these nodes that you can totally grind your progression in the quest to a halt if no one takes it down. 1% regen every second is one such, and there are two of them in Map 5. I try to go for one of them every time because I know that we'll get stuck at the mini if it's left standing, but every now and again someone will have something come up on their way to that node and it'll be left up. Suddenly the mini is absolutely impossible to outdamage and if everyone has already gone down a lane and you don't have anyone left who can double down on the lane containing the regen node, you're just left standing in front of the mini until your mate returns from whatever kept them away.

I can deal with a Rogue with +500% attack and health but I can't deal with her if she constantly regains every bit of damage I deal to her. I would prefer if there were less absolute roadblocks like that. To be fair, Kabam recently did away with a couple of nodes that were even worse (Linked Boost or something, I think they were called), but I would like a redesign of the nodes. Make them fun challenges instead of nightmares.

One other thing that really bothers me is that there is a strange jump in rewards at 80K AQ points. Before and after 80K, the increase in glory is 50 per tier, which is absolutely negligible. However, between 70 and 80K there's a 750 glory jump which is a huge 15x increase compared to normal. As an alliance that was well above that limit pre-bugs, then was suddenly bumped down to 30K due to the bugs, and has slowly struggled to get up to 60 or 70K since then, that massive decrease in glory each week hit really hard. I see no reason for that to be the case. Just make it a straight progression. I don't really feel like losing out on almost 1000 glory just because one of our workhouse members gets sick or something for a few days.

I also think it would do well to introduce AQ solo events, similar to the one that exists for AW and that Kabam recently revamped. That way, people could be rewarded just for participating a lot in AQ, which in turn would hopefully entice people to participate more.
  • The AQ format is a bit of a bore, but they have made it as user friendly as it’s going to get - no linked nodes for the most part outside of 7 means that you can pretty much work to your own schedule within reason.

Id like to see some form of raid boss implemented instead or a week-long AQ map that you can just push as hard/gentle as you want where the opponent gets steadily harderz
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★

I usually hate aq as its very boring, I am a war guy. Thankfully this week is foresight week after a looooong time.

Fr. So glad they brought back foresight after months of waiting. Hopefully it becomes consistent and not spontaneous.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    ""Grindfest"... LOL! 3 paths a day, 5 mins per path. *rolls eyes*

• Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Other suggestion?

""Grindfest"... LOL! 3 paths a day, 5 mins per path. *rolls eyes*

Depends what your doing bud,..it is inconvenient to have to login to make AQ moves the next workday,..for those of us that do work,.. and not just sitting by a computer in a office. AW attack mode can be cleared easily in 8-10 hours and then there’s a break during defender placement. Much more practical imo and much less demand .