**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Agent Venom purifying apoc debuffs

Why is that agent Venom is shrugging off / purifying apoc debuffs .......from stun to debuffs from his sp1 and sp2

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    The way this game works is that ability accuracy is a base stat.

So Apoc reduces ability accuracy by 100%.

Usually, Agent venom has base 100% ability accuracy and has a 70% chance to shrug. Apoc reduces it by 100% of AV’s base chance, so 70% - 70% = 0%.

However, when agent venom has 200% base ability accuracy, he now has a 140% chance to shrug. But Apoc doesn’t have -200% shrug off ability accuracy, he only has -100%. So he can still only reduce it by the original 100% of his base chance, 70%. That means 140% - 70% = 70% chance to shrug.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Usually, Agent venom has base 100% ability accuracy and has a 70% chance to shrug. Apoc reduces it by 100% of AV’s base chance, so 70% - 70% = 0%.

However, when agent venom has 200% base ability accuracy, he now has a 140% chance to shrug. But Apoc doesn’t have -200% shrug off ability accuracy, he only has -100%. So he can still only reduce it by the original 100% of his base chance, 70%. That means 140% - 70% = 70% chance to shrug.

This explanation does not work for omega red though right? Since he reudces purify chance directly and not purify ability accuracy
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    Actually he is shrugging it in cav eq too. I don't think there's a node which increases his AA
  • BollandBolland Posts: 75 ★★★
    Read the nodes dude
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★

Actually he is shrugging it in cav eq too. I don't think there's a node which increases his AA

Yeah same things been happening to me, I thought it was because tenacity was different than purify somehow
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

This explanation does not work for omega red though right? Since he reudces purify chance directly and not purify ability accuracy
    I'm not sure to be honest, has anyone tested Omega against the AV in Cav EQ? I'd be more inclined to believe it works the same as Apoc, but haven't tested.
  • MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,488 ★★★★★

I'm not sure to be honest, has anyone tested Omega against the AV in Cav EQ? I'd be more inclined to believe it works the same as Apoc, but haven't tested.
    As far as I know, ability accuracy and “chance for x to trigger” are interchangeable. So I do believe that using omega against agent venom boss would not completely shut down the tenacity
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    In EQ, there's a 100% buff on the Tenacity triggering more often. Essentially it's double what it is.
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★

In EQ, there's a 100% buff on the Tenacity triggering more often. Essentially it's double what it is.

See that's the problem "More often" denoting it occurs more often or rather frequently. It didn't exactly say it increases AV's ability to shrug off debuff.

Take this for example: Spiderman classic or any evading champ on that enhanced ability node. Their chances for evading significantly increases. But when u bring in a champ that SLOWs with 100%ability to prevent evade or unstoppable does that mean those champs can still evade regardless of the slow

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the logic I'm going with. Kabam had better work on their wordings for nodes to avoid discrepancies
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

See that's the problem "More often" denoting it occurs more often or rather frequently. It didn't exactly say it increases AV's ability to shrug off debuff.

Take this for example: Spiderman classic or any evading champ on that enhanced ability node. Their chances for evading significantly increases. But when u bring in a champ that SLOWs with 100%ability to prevent evade or unstoppable does that mean those champs can still evade regardless of the slow

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the logic I'm going with. Kabam had better work on their wordings for nodes to avoid discrepancies
    When you're dealing with a 70% chance, more often applies. 70% chance becomes 140% chance, when increased by 100%.
  • Jason1noob_Jason1noob_ Posts: 25
    Avan_33 said:

If it is cosmic eclipse quest then that is because of the increased ability accuracy from the node on him. Apoc reduces the purify AA by only 100% and AV has the accuracy of more than that.

Now I know 100% means all of it but in MCOC, values are counted on a addition or substraction basis not the multiplication.

For me it's cav eq 3rd boss which is AV
  • Jason1noob_Jason1noob_ Posts: 25
    Yet still cable sp2 concussion shut him down for the duration of the concussion and thats not 100% aa reduction