**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is the side quest so difficult?

Comments

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Monk1 said:

I honestly don’t get why people don’t do the level down if they are struggling at legend level.

You know what the fights are - hell you can even preview them - if can’t do it then choose the option suited for your roster or lower difficulty.

For me I will do Sym spider everyday for 6* shards.. and he is very easy with venom (50 hits and he is dead) yes have to evade a couple of lvl 1 but practice and keep distance and this is not too hard.

All three Sym Spidey fights have Archangel drooling. I brought AA and Venom and Venom just kinda stands there and tries not to get blood on him from AA going ham. People complaining should hang back and find out/try the key champs that would make it easier, try it with them once and drop down a level if it's still too hard.

EDIT: I should add that the Sym Spidey path is significantly easier than the Agent Venom path I did day 1 (I thought you had to go in order like every other thing). Brought Apocalypse and Sigil Scarlet Witch and it took forever. The interactions were dodgy with nullify working as expected only sometimes. If I decide to take that one again (doubt I will because those rewards suck) I'd go Wags and Doom.
    e_mac said:

Monk1 said:

I honestly don’t get why people don’t do the level down if they are struggling at legend level.

You know what the fights are - hell you can even preview them - if can’t do it then choose the option suited for your roster or lower difficulty.

For me I will do Sym spider everyday for 6* shards.. and he is very easy with venom (50 hits and he is dead) yes have to evade a couple of lvl 1 but practice and keep distance and this is not too hard.

All three Sym Spidey fights have Archangel drooling. I brought AA and Venom and Venom just kinda stands there and tries not to get blood on him from AA going ham. People complaining should hang back and find out/try the key champs that would make it easier, try it with them once and drop down a level if it's still too hard.
    If you're not experiencing the bugs and they're not getting in your way, good for you. But the many (or the majority) of us are. And I totally agree that under normal circunstances these fights wouldn't be that bad. It's easy to drop down, but really, what's the point in even doing it if you can't properly do the level that is supposedly intended for your level? The fights in epic are ridiculously easy for anyone normally doing legendary, they don't award you as much and you won't be able to take stevie to rank 5. So why even bother?
    Who said my game wasn't bugged? I play on Android, aka "What you call bugged af, I call home". Even with stutter and lag, those fights are still cake with AA. If you need to practice to adjust and get used to the Parry timing of the day, then you should do that.
  • e_mace_mac Posts: 102
    Don't have him. Going in with Venom and Doom. Not a lack of skill problem.
  • OkizzeOkizze Posts: 45
    I like this event. Getting 4500 t5b on one account and 500 6* shards a day on the other. I can choose based on my need and the reward values add up nicely. It seems fair for the effort I’m putting in (10min and no items needed).
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Kerneas said:

I dislike the need of specific counters for some.

Agent Venom needs strong tenacity counter (Wags)
    Venompool needs DoT+no buffs/heal reversal (Void, HT etc)

Sym Spidey doesn't need a specific counter and that's why those who do just that quest find it easy

@Kerneas

I do the first two fights of the Venompool quest with a R1 6* Mordo (soul barb ticks with 1.5k+, down in 70 hits) and the Venompool boss with Claire.
  • Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 180
    For me, the Problem with the Side Quest is, that those how need such Rewards are not really able to do them. But on the other Hand for the better Players who just can do it, the Rewards are very poor. 1 % TCC 5? Not really a Gamechanger for those Player. And for the lower Player who need every piece of TCC5, its very hard to come through. So the Sidequest is ok bad but even not really exciting.
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

Monk1 said:

If you're not experiencing the bugs and they're not getting in your way, good for you. But the many (or the majority) of us are. And I totally agree that under normal circunstances these fights wouldn't be that bad. It's easy to drop down, but really, what's the point in even doing it if you can't properly do the level that is supposedly intended for your level? The fights in epic are ridiculously easy for anyone normally doing legendary, they don't award you as much and you won't be able to take stevie to rank 5. So why even bother?
    Who said my game wasn't bugged? I play on Android, aka "What you call bugged af, I call home". Even with stutter and lag, those fights are still cake with AA. If you need to practice to adjust and get used to the Parry timing of the day, then you should do that.
    Then you're not experiencing the bugs. Stutter and lags don't really get you way. They are mostly just annoying. The bugs I'm talking about are the ones in which your champions simply don't move on your command, or do things that you didn't command them to do (like throw a heavy mid combo). Those are the bugs that get in your way, because they make you get hit.
    OK. Even if you're experiencing a special, exclusive level of bugginess that us mere mortals couldn't fathom, that doesn't change the idea that you should still bring the consensus best champs for the fight. If you don't have them, hang back and wait for the next best alternatives to bubble up through the community, or use the 4 or 5 star version and expect to use a couple revives.
  • GarloGarlo Posts: 189 ★★
    Enjoyable difficulty for me, if you can't do it easily, then that difficulty level is not for you.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Saru2244 said:

For me, the Problem with the Side Quest is, that those how need such Rewards are not really able to do them. But on the other Hand for the better Players who just can do it, the Rewards are very poor. 1 % TCC 5? Not really a Gamechanger for those Player. And for the lower Player who need every piece of TCC5, its very hard to come through. So the Sidequest is ok bad but even not really exciting.

One day of side quest rewards are not supposed to be game changing. If you're aiming for rewards that are game changing, expect them to be extremely difficult to get. If you expect content to be moderately challenging, expect the rewards to be moderately useful.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Saru2244 said:

One day of side quest rewards are not supposed to be game changing. If you're aiming for rewards that are game changing, expect them to be extremely difficult to get. If you expect content to be moderately challenging, expect the rewards to be moderately useful.
    Yes. It's not the 1% that really makes a difference. (Although it could if RNGesus was a kind and generous God and someone needed 1%)
    It's the 27% cumulatively.
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

Monk1 said:

Then you're not experiencing the bugs. Stutter and lags don't really get you way. They are mostly just annoying. The bugs I'm talking about are the ones in which your champions simply don't move on your command, or do things that you didn't command them to do (like throw a heavy mid combo). Those are the bugs that get in your way, because they make you get hit.
    OK. Even if you're experiencing a special, exclusive level of bugginess that us mere mortals couldn't fathom, that doesn't change the idea that you should still bring the consensus best champs for the fight. If you don't have them, hang back and wait for the next best alternatives to bubble up through the community, or use the 4 or 5 star version and expect to use a couple revives.
    This is not a bug exclusive to me, it's been happening for months now. Many have quit the game because of it. Where have you been? There's literally a post from kabam about it.

Do you not agree that Venom is one of the best counters for the sym spider quest? Have you read my posts above, where I said that the level of difficulty wouldn't be a problem if the game was working as intended? Sorry man, don't want to sound harsh, but it is a bit patronizing to come and say "just go down a level" just because you have a better experience in the game by not having bugs get in your way. You should feel lucky and enjoy.
    SMH. Almost everyone has a bugged experience (yes, some worse than others, yours is apparently the worst, congrats?), it's not insurmountable because we continue to play and complete content. After a certain point, you get used to it being gimped and you quit going on about it so much.
    If your game is so profoundly broken that even with your skill, you can't finish an easy fight with perhaps the 2nd best champ for it (Archangel being 1st), what are your expectations moving forward?
  • dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Posts: 162
    Why is the side quest so difficult? Because it’s about the only way to keep us playing this broken game
  • ShepShep Posts: 142
    edited October 2021
    Just quake it.. use Doom and Quake 4 sym spidey.
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

Monk1 said:

This is not a bug exclusive to me, it's been happening for months now. Many have quit the game because of it. Where have you been? There's literally a post from kabam about it.

Do you not agree that Venom is one of the best counters for the sym spider quest? Have you read my posts above, where I said that the level of difficulty wouldn't be a problem if the game was working as intended? Sorry man, don't want to sound harsh, but it is a bit patronizing to come and say "just go down a level" just because you have a better experience in the game by not having bugs get in your way. You should feel lucky and enjoy.
    SMH. Almost everyone has a bugged experience (yes, some worse than others, yours is apparently the worst, congrats?), it's not insurmountable because we continue to play and complete content. After a certain point, you get used to it being gimped and you quit going on about it so much.
    If your game is so profoundly broken that even with your skill, you can't finish an easy fight with perhaps the 2nd best champ for it (Archangel being 1st), what are your expectations moving forward?
    It seems like you don't understand or don't want to understand things that are out of the scope of your own experience. Maybe makes you feel good or better than others, but it adds nothing to the debate.
    If you say so. What are you debating? If I'm following, your game is especially unplayable, but you're valiantly insisting on playing through it anyway, but not really because you're complaining about not being able to get through one of the easier fights itemless, despite your skill. Are you wanting them to tone down the SQ or to fix the bugs? It sounds like you want bugs fixed more than the difficulty turned down. Kabam has already said they're working on the bugs, but if they turn the difficulty down so you can finish the tier you feel good about finishing and not the tier you can actually finish, they'd probably want to drop the rewards as well.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Saru2244 said:

DNA3000 said:

Saru2244 said:

Yes. It's not the 1% that really makes a difference. (Although it could if RNGesus was a kind and generous God and someone needed 1%)
    No, the 27% doesn't make any difference either. You have to divide them to the 6 Classes and so you get about 2.025 Splinter on Average of every Class. That is the result for one Month of Grinding. You need 45.000 Splinter to get a TCC5. So computationally you need 22 Month bevor getting a TCC5 with Rewards like this. And yes, it is not very likely that the splinters are so evenly distributed, so that you probably get an TCC 5 earlier. But it doesnt Matter if we are speaking about 22 Month or 15 Month or even 12 Month. The Rewards are to poor and not Appropriate.
    In one month you can get that 27% that doesn't make a difference, plus another 10% from EQ that doesn't make a difference, plus 5% from the calendar if you're TB that also doesn't make a difference. Pretty soon you're talking about half a cat not making a difference.

People also dramatically understate the earning rate by claiming that you're really only getting one sixth of what you're actually getting because the shards are randomly distributed. But they only give you credit for getting one catalyst at the end of this pessimist road, when in fact you're getting several all at once. 27% means one every four months all by itself, and if you say it is actually one every 24 months you're forgetting that it is actually six every 24 months, not one. It may take a while to get the very first one when you have zero shards, but over the long run 27% is one more catalyst every four months or so. And when you add up all the shards that don't make a difference in a month, you end up with an earning rate that makes a pretty big difference to most accounts.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Saru2244 said:

DNA3000 said:

Saru2244 said:

No, the 27% doesn't make any difference either. You have to divide them to the 6 Classes and so you get about 2.025 Splinter on Average of every Class. That is the result for one Month of Grinding. You need 45.000 Splinter to get a TCC5. So computationally you need 22 Month bevor getting a TCC5 with Rewards like this. And yes, it is not very likely that the splinters are so evenly distributed, so that you probably get an TCC 5 earlier. But it doesnt Matter if we are speaking about 22 Month or 15 Month or even 12 Month. The Rewards are to poor and not Appropriate.
    Cumulatively they make a difference. To someone like myself who has a number of Frags in each Class, it contributes all around. Also, it's the most they've made available this month to date.
    I agree that the trickle of T5CCs is still minimal, but looking at this month as a whole, it's not bad. It fails me to see how people can't consider the whole as opposed to 1%.