**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner camp/resort

Im 2 milestones away from finishing summoner camp/resort, ive used the booster from the camp/resort store tab and also noticed a few deals in the units store that i bought that gave me a boost in the milestones. Can anyone tell if there will be another deal in the unit store so i can finish and not miss out on a chunk of units

Comments

• SlimCraigySlimCraigy Posts: 20
    Its honestly got me ready to quit the game, complete waste of 98 days.
  • ljdr77ljdr77 Posts: 62
    I'm also going to miss just the final milestone. I'd like to thank Kabam for not having a notification that the sunglasses were ready to claim because that has to be the reason I will miss the final milestone. I haven't missed a day of logging in for years so I know I earned all the sunglasses but apparently failed to claim a few. Great way to make a lot of people lose out on $200 worth of rewards in that final milestone if you also bought the resort pass. Which I did. Good times.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    i know i didn’t miss a day and still have 2 milestones left. the hell..
  • Darth_MatiDarth_Mati Posts: 2
    Out of 98 days for the event I missed too many days. Some of us don’t play 24/7 and have other things to do. Never seen a player “appreciation” event that was so confusing and time consuming.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    No more 7 day offer 😩
    All I bought was the resort pass and the 1 gold booster that everyone had access to. I wouldn't have even bought the resort pass but a streamer I watch was asking us to buy something to show Kabam some support for dealing with cheaters. It really is **** that the glasses didn't have a notification. That has never happened before and feels intentional to screw people over.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    ljdr77 said:

All I bought was the resort pass and the 1 gold booster that everyone had access to. I wouldn't have even bought the resort pass but a streamer I watch was asking us to buy something to show Kabam some support for dealing with cheaters. It really is **** that the glasses didn't have a notification. That has never happened before and feels intentional to screw people over.

Nothing was intentional to screw anyone over. It was live for 3 months. That is enough time to remember to claim, barring any actual memory issues, and they're not responsible for that.
    edited October 2021

ljdr77 said:

Nothing was intentional to screw anyone over. It was live for 3 months. That is enough time to remember to claim, barring any actual memory issues, and they're not responsible for that.
    If you'll reread what I said, my comment was that it feels intentional. I was not stating a fact. You however saying it was not intentional is you stating a fact. Do you have insider info that we are not aware of? Obviously I failed to claim the glasses that I most definitely earned on more than one day which is on me, but a notification, like for every other completed objective ever, would have been nice.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    ljdr77 said:

ljdr77 said:

If you'll reread what I said, my comment was that it feels intentional. I was not stating a fact. You however saying it was not intentional is you stating a fact. Do you have insider info that we are not aware of? Obviously I failed to claim the glasses that I most definitely earned on more than one day which is on me, but a notification, like for every other completed objective ever, would have been nice.
    U failed to claim them more than 14 times out of 98....
    Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

ljdr77 said:

Hmmm, since the event ran for 101 days and I claimed 97 milestones I think your math is a little off...
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★

ljdr77 said:

It is definitely the people's fault for not being able to remember it as many times as would be required to forget it and miss out based on the amount of 7 day boosts a lot of them have said they obtained. HOWEVER, as you pointed out the 3 months they should have learned over, those same 3 months should have been enough time for Kabam to fix the notification issue OR just change it so you auto-claimed the glasses and unlocked the next milestone each day you did the 10 fights without having to manually claim something. That part doesn't really seem quite right either in my opinion.
    ljdr77 said:

Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

ljdr77 said:

Hmmm, since the event ran for 101 days and I claimed 97 milestones I think your math is a little off...
    It run for 98 days.. u had a grace period of 14..
    7 from resort
    7 from 1g boost...
    Somehow u managed to miss claiming your glasses 15 times...
    Whose fault is that?
    Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

ljdr77 said:

7 from resort
    7 from 1g boost...
    Whose fault is that?
    I'm going to go with mine and Kabam's. They've ingrained it into us that when there's something to claim there is a notification. I guess I should have set an alarm or something for a certain time every day but at the same time, summoner appreciation, not summoner memory testing.
    ljdr77 said:

Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

ljdr77 said:

7 from resort
    7 from 1g boost...
    Whose fault is that?
    I'm going to go with mine and Kabam's. They've ingrained it into us that when there's something to claim there is a notification. I guess I should have set an alarm or something for a certain time every day but at the same time, summoner appreciation, not summoner memory testing.
    1st of all it was never called summoners appreciation, and yeah of course its easier to blame it on somebody else...
    They assumed the mistake and gave u 7 chances to mess up and u went ahead and bought an extra 7 chances to mess up.. after all that u messed up a total of 15 times ..
    And i'm seriously wondering if u understood the event at all, talk about setting an alarm... How are u going to set an alarm to claim something after 10 kills?.
    Fool me once shame on u..
    Fool me twice shame on me
    FOOL ME 15 TIMES... Well i got no idea what to say about this one other than 🤣
    Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

ljdr77 said:

7 from resort
    7 from 1g boost...
    Whose fault is that?
    1st of all it was never called summoners appreciation, and yeah of course its easier to blame it on somebody else...
    They assumed the mistake and gave u 7 chances to mess up and u went ahead and bought an extra 7 chances to mess up.. after all that u messed up a total of 15 times ..
    And i'm seriously wondering if u understood the event at all, talk about setting an alarm... How are u going to set an alarm to claim something after 10 kills?.
    I love children on the internet. If I had thought to set an alarm it would have been well after the daily reset to remind me to check if I'd claimed the glasses. I think it's great that you think you have to explain something to me and then I have to explain to you how to use an alarm 🤣🤣
    ljdr77 said:

Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

ljdr77 said:

7 from resort
    7 from 1g boost...
    Whose fault is that?
    I love children on the internet. If I had thought to set an alarm it would have been well after the daily reset to remind me to check if I'd claimed the glasses. I think it's great that you think you have to explain something to me and then I have to explain to you how to use an alarm 🤣🤣
    I love how u have to blame someone else for not being able to collect your milestones 🤣
    Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

ljdr77 said:

7 from resort
    7 from 1g boost...
    Whose fault is that?
    I love how u have to blame someone else for not being able to collect your milestones 🤣
    Pretty sure I did claim partial responsibility. Anyway, enough poking trolls for one post. You can go pester someone else now. After you get the last word in of course 😏
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    This was a badly designed event, from:
    - Having to do 10 fights in the first place,
    - Not receiving notifications to claim the sunglasses when the fights were completed,
    - Not allowing subsequent fights to count towards the 10 fights even if the sunglasses weren’t claimed, and
    - Not being too forthcoming with explanations about the event.

Sorry you missed out on the rewards OP, but you also failed to be diligent enough to claim the sunglasses enough times. That’s on you.

This has been discussed since Day 1 of the event. The event is over, so nothing more can be done at this point except to hope Kabam takes heed of the feedback given for the future.
  • Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    I understand that the notification system was bugged for this event, which wasn't ideal, but was I the ONLY person that saw the counter pop up on the bottom of the screen as I knocked out the 10 fights? As soon as it popped up the 10th time, I just clicked on it and claimed...
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    1) You do get a small pop-up once you have done 10 fights showing fights completed or something and the map symbol glows. Obviously the the pop-up showing "1" or something to show that something has been completed would have been better and over 3 months, kinda disappointing Kabam didn't do anything for that.

2) You getting a free 7 days and buying boosters and still managing to miss it and then blame it on Kabam is a bit much.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    ljdr77 said:

Coppin said:

ljdr77 said:

ljdr77 said:

No it's not. Since you bought the boosters, 7 days from the free one and another 7 from the one you bought, you got 14 objectives for free. 98-14=84. You had to actually claim and do the objectives 84 times to get all milestones which means you failed to claim it 14 times over the course of this event.
  • Kennyb2Kennyb2 Posts: 30
    I have just posted about this as well, i didn’t miss a daily even and bought a pass for the extra rewards and haven’t got the last milestone rewards either. Can anyone shed some light on why this might be?