**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is the side quest so difficult?

1235»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,553 Guardian
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

Monk1 said:

I honestly don’t get why people don’t do the level down if they are struggling at legend level.

You know what the fights are - hell you can even preview them - if can’t do it then choose the option suited for your roster or lower difficulty.

For me I will do Sym spider everyday for 6* shards.. and he is very easy with venom (50 hits and he is dead) yes have to evade a couple of lvl 1 but practice and keep distance and this is not too hard.

All three Sym Spidey fights have Archangel drooling. I brought AA and Venom and Venom just kinda stands there and tries not to get blood on him from AA going ham. People complaining should hang back and find out/try the key champs that would make it easier, try it with them once and drop down a level if it's still too hard.
    If you're not experiencing the bugs and they're not getting in your way, good for you. But the many (or the majority) of us are. And I totally agree that under normal circunstances these fights wouldn't be that bad. It's easy to drop down, but really, what's the point in even doing it if you can't properly do the level that is supposedly intended for your level? The fights in epic are ridiculously easy for anyone normally doing legendary, they don't award you as much and you won't be able to take stevie to rank 5. So why even bother?
    Who said my game wasn't bugged? I play on Android, aka "What you call bugged af, I call home". Even with stutter and lag, those fights are still cake with AA. If you need to practice to adjust and get used to the Parry timing of the day, then you should do that.
    Then you're not experiencing the bugs. Stutter and lags don't really get you way. They are mostly just annoying. The bugs I'm talking about are the ones in which your champions simply don't move on your command, or do things that you didn't command them to do (like throw a heavy mid combo). Those are the bugs that get in your way, because they make you get hit.
    OK. Even if you're experiencing a special, exclusive level of bugginess that us mere mortals couldn't fathom, that doesn't change the idea that you should still bring the consensus best champs for the fight. If you don't have them, hang back and wait for the next best alternatives to bubble up through the community, or use the 4 or 5 star version and expect to use a couple revives.
    This is not a bug exclusive to me, it's been happening for months now. Many have quit the game because of it. Where have you been? There's literally a post from kabam about it.

Do you not agree that Venom is one of the best counters for the sym spider quest? Have you read my posts above, where I said that the level of difficulty wouldn't be a problem if the game was working as intended? Sorry man, don't want to sound harsh, but it is a bit patronizing to come and say "just go down a level" just because you have a better experience in the game by not having bugs get in your way. You should feel lucky and enjoy.
    SMH. Almost everyone has a bugged experience (yes, some worse than others, yours is apparently the worst, congrats?), it's not insurmountable because we continue to play and complete content. After a certain point, you get used to it being gimped and you quit going on about it so much.
    If your game is so profoundly broken that even with your skill, you can't finish an easy fight with perhaps the 2nd best champ for it (Archangel being 1st), what are your expectations moving forward?
    It seems like you don't understand or don't want to understand things that are out of the scope of your own experience. Maybe makes you feel good or better than others, but it adds nothing to the debate.
    If you say so. What are you debating? If I'm following, your game is especially unplayable, but you're valiantly insisting on playing through it anyway, but not really because you're complaining about not being able to get through one of the easier fights itemless, despite your skill. Are you wanting them to tone down the SQ or to fix the bugs? It sounds like you want bugs fixed more than the difficulty turned down. Kabam has already said they're working on the bugs, but if they turn the difficulty down so you can finish the tier you feel good about finishing and not the tier you can actually finish, they'd probably want to drop the rewards as well.
    Yes, I would like the bugs to be fixed. Don't want difficulty down. I have never ever complained about difficulty, so to me at least, the "go down a level" point seems, besides irrelevant, condescending and also redundant, since you're the 646328745th person to give it.
    However, if they can't fix so called bug, the least they could do is take it into consideration when releasing new content till it's fixed. That would benefit everyone, including you.
    They can't do that, because the issues in the game are affecting everyone differently. They can't tune content for the worst case scenario, and people experiencing problems sufficiently bad that they can't complete content are the worst case scenario. Moreover, content is designed months in advance and there's no way to know what the state of the game will be when it launches.

People need to separate what Kabam is supposed to be doing with what they are supposed to be doing. Kabam is supposed to be fixing the bugs. No one debates that. But until they do, the players are supposed to deal with the game as it is as best they can. If you're spending units to complete content, that's your choice. You can say you shouldn't have to change your behavior because the situation is "Kabam's fault" but at the end of the day you play your game not them, and you decide what you will do and what you will spend while doing it.

Telling you to step down is not saying the issues aren't there nor is it saying it isn't Kabam's responsibility to fix the game. It is simply stating the truism that you, and you alone, decide what content to do and what to spend on it. If you want to spend more to continue doing the content you would normally be doing, that's your choice. If you don't want to spend, then you do what you can without spending.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    For those looking for a slightly more reliable attempt, g2099 and Medusa for the sym supreme boss works.

Get g2099 to 100 combo with sp3 finish on sunspot, Medusa for an easy Ultron kill, then use both prefights on g2099 for the boss, to avoid the nullify, then go ham and spam sp1.

If you die, Medusa with one sp2 or two, will take him down.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

Monk1 said:

I honestly don’t get why people don’t do the level down if they are struggling at legend level.

You know what the fights are - hell you can even preview them - if can’t do it then choose the option suited for your roster or lower difficulty.

For me I will do Sym spider everyday for 6* shards.. and he is very easy with venom (50 hits and he is dead) yes have to evade a couple of lvl 1 but practice and keep distance and this is not too hard.

All three Sym Spidey fights have Archangel drooling. I brought AA and Venom and Venom just kinda stands there and tries not to get blood on him from AA going ham. People complaining should hang back and find out/try the key champs that would make it easier, try it with them once and drop down a level if it's still too hard.
    If you're not experiencing the bugs and they're not getting in your way, good for you. But the many (or the majority) of us are. And I totally agree that under normal circunstances these fights wouldn't be that bad. It's easy to drop down, but really, what's the point in even doing it if you can't properly do the level that is supposedly intended for your level? The fights in epic are ridiculously easy for anyone normally doing legendary, they don't award you as much and you won't be able to take stevie to rank 5. So why even bother?
    Who said my game wasn't bugged? I play on Android, aka "What you call bugged af, I call home". Even with stutter and lag, those fights are still cake with AA. If you need to practice to adjust and get used to the Parry timing of the day, then you should do that.
    Then you're not experiencing the bugs. Stutter and lags don't really get you way. They are mostly just annoying. The bugs I'm talking about are the ones in which your champions simply don't move on your command, or do things that you didn't command them to do (like throw a heavy mid combo). Those are the bugs that get in your way, because they make you get hit.
    OK. Even if you're experiencing a special, exclusive level of bugginess that us mere mortals couldn't fathom, that doesn't change the idea that you should still bring the consensus best champs for the fight. If you don't have them, hang back and wait for the next best alternatives to bubble up through the community, or use the 4 or 5 star version and expect to use a couple revives.
    This is not a bug exclusive to me, it's been happening for months now. Many have quit the game because of it. Where have you been? There's literally a post from kabam about it.

Do you not agree that Venom is one of the best counters for the sym spider quest? Have you read my posts above, where I said that the level of difficulty wouldn't be a problem if the game was working as intended? Sorry man, don't want to sound harsh, but it is a bit patronizing to come and say "just go down a level" just because you have a better experience in the game by not having bugs get in your way. You should feel lucky and enjoy.
    SMH. Almost everyone has a bugged experience (yes, some worse than others, yours is apparently the worst, congrats?), it's not insurmountable because we continue to play and complete content. After a certain point, you get used to it being gimped and you quit going on about it so much.
    If your game is so profoundly broken that even with your skill, you can't finish an easy fight with perhaps the 2nd best champ for it (Archangel being 1st), what are your expectations moving forward?
    It seems like you don't understand or don't want to understand things that are out of the scope of your own experience. Maybe makes you feel good or better than others, but it adds nothing to the debate.
    If you say so. What are you debating? If I'm following, your game is especially unplayable, but you're valiantly insisting on playing through it anyway, but not really because you're complaining about not being able to get through one of the easier fights itemless, despite your skill. Are you wanting them to tone down the SQ or to fix the bugs? It sounds like you want bugs fixed more than the difficulty turned down. Kabam has already said they're working on the bugs, but if they turn the difficulty down so you can finish the tier you feel good about finishing and not the tier you can actually finish, they'd probably want to drop the rewards as well.
    Yes, I would like the bugs to be fixed. Don't want difficulty down. I have never ever complained about difficulty, so to me at least, the "go down a level" point seems, besides irrelevant, condescending and also redundant, since you're the 646328745th person to give it.
    However, if they can't fix so called bug, the least they could do is take it into consideration when releasing new content till it's fixed. That would benefit everyone, including you.

The idea isn't "go down a level, cuz you suck" it's *deep breath* "go down a level because it's the level that you can complete despite the bugs and without using your items and it's better to have something (even if it less than you feel you deserve) instead of nothing (which is what you will get if you decide to not finish the content until the situation changes) since Kabam very very likely won't change anything". Unless you're saying that the play is so bad that you can't even finish epic without going over an imposed critical amount of items.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    @Fryday not sure what happened here with your post (other than the fact that you tagged me), but I would appreciate your reposting the techniques for handling Sym Spidey Sp1. I would imagine those are useful tips for anyone practicing how to handle that in the side quest.

Dr. Zola
  • FrydayFryday Posts: 654 ★★★
    DrZola said:

@Fryday not sure what happened here with your post (other than the fact that you tagged me), but I would appreciate your reposting the techniques for handling Sym Spidey Sp1. I would imagine those are useful tips for anyone practicing how to handle that in the side quest.

Dr. Zola

Hello Dr Zola,

I'm not too sure either. I did try to repost it but got a little message on the side stated that is waiting for approval, so I will give it a couple hours, and if it doesn't show and I will try again.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Am I the only one who can’t dex a Sym Spidey SP1?

I can dex it every time... unless it really matters and then I can do it about 25% of the time lol. I have just been blocking his SP1s or pushing him to an SP2. AA melts him either way.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

Am I the only one who can’t dex a Sym Spidey SP1?

I can dex it every time... unless it really matters and then I can do it about 25% of the time lol. I have just been blocking his SP1s or pushing him to an SP2. AA melts him either way.
    This is what I found works, along with Venom (who easily handles the path). Much like SoP, holding block often convinces the opponent to try a heavy attack even when they have a bar of power. With Venom (with Kkyntar buff) and with AA (with NT), you don’t get evaded and can punish the heavy.

Dr. Zola
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,338 ★★★★
    Guess I should have calculated before I started playing some epic ones here and there. Looks like I’ll be stuck at r4.

Awesome event :/