**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Awful game lag, game freezing [Under Investigation]

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Here’s another fun vid. Not as bad as some other days , but that frozen L2 was pretty funny.

Never mind that it started on autofight without the autofight button on; at least they’ve acknowledged that problem and are working on a fix... hopefully sooner rather than later.

https://youtu.be/Rs2o6uQjS1Q
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Ouch, the lag is pretty bad on the vid. Oddly enough I have an s7 edge like a few of the people in here and I dont have anything like that...o_O
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    Yes this needs to be addressed ASAP, I made a phone reset on iPhone 6S and it didn't improve. Interestingly, i purchased a second hand iPhoneSE and the game plays perfectly, could not believe it!
    edited November 2017
    Posted 3 vids in this thread in the 30 days it's been open. Mods have commented in other threads, but this one remains untouched.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Killer92 wrote: »
    Without lag no one buy revive and potions and use money for units, same with the bugs every update that they don't fix (for example drax hit bug during medium attack, i wait a lot of months but never fix)

I would think the opposite. With "lags", freezes and bugs many people don't spend in the game, because many people literally fell exploited losing due these problems.

There are lots of F2P players that are never going to spend even if they need a potion to revive in AQ or AW.

But these bugs will result in the whales and the occasional spenders to spend more to ensure that they don't hurt their alliance or their progress. It's the top one-percenters that keep this profitable with their disposable income.

• mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Just bumping.

More buffs and stuff going on in the champ u r facing, the more lag.

Pessimist, optimistist > stun immune for lag.

This is why aw and event quests see so much more lag. Why 5.3 lags off the charts.

U aren't fighting champs, ur fighting lag.
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Let's get 1 million likes for this post instead, it's legit and everyone is facing it. Great job recording the fights @MikeHock
    mydnight wrote: »
    Just bumping.

More buffs and stuff going on in the champ u r facing, the more lag.

Pessimist, optimistist > stun immune for lag.

This is why aw and event quests see so much more lag. Why 5.3 lags off the charts.

U aren't fighting champs, ur fighting lag.

I agree with the idea of more buffs = more lag. I've been saying that for as long as I can remember.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Lag, a delay in block, getting hit in the middle of powerups by stunned opponents...nearly costing me my multiplier...how much longer?
  • so all of these post and no response from kabam? Seems to be a lot more "emergency maintenance" going on too.......
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    lawdogsptp wrote: »
    so all of these post and no response from kabam? Seems to be a lot more "emergency maintenance" going on too.......

Guess they only respond the problems that have been put up in a "more constructive way"
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @MikeHock! Sorry to see that you're having this issue with the game freezing and dropping frames. I will get this info sent up to the team so that they can take a look at it.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    i had that same problem. Today everytime i did a special or a heavy attack it would lag
    edited December 2017
    16.1 isn’t any better.
    In fact , I’d say it’s been much worse.

Evade -lag
    Buff - lag
    Debuff - lag

This is just one vid. 12/7 vs AQ Dormmamu.

iPad4, no push notifications, all systems up to date.

https://youtu.be/Krvc0ZLK-BY
    Vs Hulk in Modoks Lab (Expert)

Constant freeze frames / lag. Not as bad as the video above , but it’s frustrating, constant and messes up my timing.

https://youtu.be/RdBXkS8jXoU
    edited December 2017
    Here’s another vid using my IPhone6. Couldn’t evade the heavy attack becuz of the lag/freeze frames. It might seem minor or not as bad as some other vids, but things like thing make a difference when fighting 20,000 PI enemies.

https://youtu.be/9ufuGF3L1N8
  • MikeHock wrote: »
    Here’s another vid using my IPhone6. Couldn’t evade the heavy attack becuz of the lag/freeze frames. It might seem minor or not as bad as some other vids, but things like thing make a difference when fighting 20,000 PI enemies.

It's your device. Iphone 6 is too old for this game. I have an iphone 6 too 64gb. i switch to iphone 8 for a few months but i still play MCOC on my iphone 6 because I want to preserve my new iphone battery. So there are just a few apps on my iphone 6...just wifi, no sim insertedi. the game freezes and lags from time to time, esp when Red Deadpool did his special 2, the game totally freezes. When it happens too often and becomes too annoying, I switched to my iphone 8 and no issue at all.

So i think it is time for you to get a new device.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    It's my day since months ago, I even don't try expert or like, because it's sure dead.

At the begginjng I blamed my skills, then I realized the game was performing bad for me.

Of course, some contents is inviable with that performance.
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey @MikeHock! Sorry to see that you're having this issue with the game freezing and dropping frames. I will get this info sent up to the team so that they can take a look at it.

How's that investigation coming, because it's a constant problem with freeze frames in every fight now. I'm using an Iphone6 and an Ipad4 and the old "get a new device" is just lip service because this problem has existed for over 2 years. If certain devices aren't supported, then you should make everyone aware, but I doubt you really want to do that and lose millions of players. Trying to fight uncollected story quest is hard enough without the BS lag and game freezes.
  • SupaflyaznSupaflyazn Posts: 75
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »

I have an iPhone 6 too, and it never used to lag before, however now it does a lot on AQ fights! Granted, it's not as smooth as far as frame rate compared to the newer devices, but it used to get the job done when I needed to use it for fights. Most of the time right now it's so bad that I end up using my Girlfriend's iPhone 7 instead, but I think that the Server issues as well as the lag issues need addressing.

A lot of times I will try to parry, and because of the lag the champ will miss badly and eat a 5 hit combo to the face... This is unacceptable when my Alliance runs 6-5-5-5-5 every week in AQ. I hope that you do figure out what the problem is, because it's affecting a lot more summoners than appears on the surface!!!
This discussion has been closed.