**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Another chance

I know there have been a lot of modders here in the game. Some of them I myself have reported. But I do not like it when they get permanent ban. Some of the people have got banned for unfair reasons like that doctor octopus bug. I only suggest one thing that give the hackers another chance and I guarantee you that 99% of the hackers will play honestly. And if by giving another chance they don't improve then van them. But you will have less people to ban. By banning them once they must have learnt their lesson and now they won't repeat. Thank you

Comments

• Exspellies133Exspellies133 Posts: 182
    edited November 2017
    Pls consider this request. It is the better ment of you
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 137
    So you want to give them back their cheating account? If they want to play they can start over from the beginning
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

I know there have been a lot of modders here in the game. Some of them I myself have reported. But I do not like it when they get permanent ban. Some of the people have got banned for unfair reasons like that doctor octopus bug. I only suggest one thing that give the hackers another chance and I guarantee you that 99% of the hackers will play honestly. And if by giving another chance they don't improve then van them. But you will have less people to ban. By banning them once they must have learnt their lesson and now they won't repeat. Thank you

The reason they do not give second chances is because it would increase the number of people that would try cheating. It woild lead to people trying mods/hacks with the thought of "If I don't get caught....GREAT! If I do get caught, it is my first time cheating....so the worse thing that will happen is I will get my account back from before I cheated.". There would be no risk.

If you cheat, you should be permanently banned. If you get banned and still want to play...then start a new account and don't cheat.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    I know there have been a lot of modders here in the game. Some of them I myself have reported. But I do not like it when they get permanent ban.

The permanent ban comes after a week ban and/or a month ban, that constitutes a "second chance." If you pull multiple infractions like going for uncollected while 100%ing a special event like boss rush and cheating in arenas, you can get the permaban while serving out the week ban. Those are proven facts that I have gathered from those who know first-hand.
    I know there have been a lot of modders here in the game. Some of them I myself have reported. But I do not like it when they get permanent ban.

The permanent ban comes after a week ban and/or a month ban, that constitutes a "second chance." If you pull multiple infractions like going for uncollected while 100%ing a special event like boss rush and cheating in arenas, you can get the permaban while serving out the week ban. Those are proven facts that I have gathered from those who know first-hand.

Some people don't even get a second chance
    So you want to give them back their cheating account? If they want to play they can start over from the beginning

They have lost their progress.
    Solswerd wrote: »

The reason they do not give second chances is because it would increase the number of people that would try cheating. It woild lead to people trying mods/hacks with the thought of "If I don't get caught....GREAT! If I do get caught, it is my first time cheating....so the worse thing that will happen is I will get my account back from before I cheated.". There would be no risk.

If you cheat, you should be permanently banned. If you get banned and still want to play...then start a new account and don't cheat.

The hackers would have gotten a lesson giving them back would be good as they won't again use hack
  • JingotJingot Posts: 3
    They should be banned PERMANENTLY!!.. Cheating is cheating!! >:)
    edited November 2017
    Jingot wrote: »
    They should be banned PERMANENTLY!!.. Cheating is cheating!! >:)

But they should be given a warning which most of the people didn't get
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Not if they used mod in war, aq or beat content. No way, perma band!! No questions.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★

But they should be given a warning which most of the people didn't get[/quote]

They do get a warning...it's called the ToS.
    Fluffy wrote: »
    But they should be given a warning which most of the people didn't get

They do get a warning...it's called the ToS. [/quote]

Who would read such a big article. It's so looooooooong
  • CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    When you lessen the penalty for doing wrong, your what I call an Enabler. Your encouraging others to do wrong, and enabling them to get away with it when they get cough. I've been in the security field for 20 years, one of the largest reasons people do the "wrong" things they do is based on risk vs reward. <-- not the only reason but a big one. Do not take away the risk.
  • The forums are not the place to discuss any actions taken on individual accounts, including in-game bans.

For more details regarding how bans are determined, please see the thread here in our forums regarding bans.

While these decisions are based upon our Terms of Service, it is not a topic to be debated in the forums. For this reason, the thread has been closed. If you have additional questions or feedback on the topic, please contact our Support Team directly.
This discussion has been closed.