**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kang Boss fight - 7.3.6

ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
I just want to take this time to appreciate the final Kang fight in act 7.3.

I personally feel that is the best boss fight created so far. I am not calling it easy. But unlike the other fights, It wasnt as annoying. The other fights, as fun as they were, became annoying occasionally. I am definitely not the best player in MCOC and I have never one-shot Grandmaster or Gwenmaster, or even Kang. But the way this fight was created, it was much more fun than the other two. So as much as I criticize Kabam for when they make poor choices, I owe it to them to praise when they have good work.

Kudos to whoever designed this fight. Very Good job done indeed.

Comments

• I enjoyed this fight because I could normally get at least 1 time charge in his third phase, so I would continuously just progress until I caused a time collapse and wrecked him
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Boring fight, dex or block his sp1 to build or drain power and then throw appropriate special.... that's it lmfao

Least skilled special boss fight for sure.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 308 ★★★
    Would've liked it more without the current gameplay issues. Burned up quite a few extra items because of it. A combo of blocking while trying to dex and my combos not finishing properly (instead of 5 hits would stop after the 4th and get smacked) about doubled my item use. At least kabam will give us another 3 solo revives at the end of the month to compensate 😂
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    The fight was well designed.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Kabam is too kind to let us carrying the power charges through fights so you don't have to make it in one run. That's the huge difference compared to for example The Champion 6.2.6 or Grandmaster 6.4.6. I don't think it's necessary but certainly the change can save items for players.

I think he is much easier compared to other big bosses when they are released. His special 1 is easy to dex as well.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    The last 2% phase is an abomination
  • chaos12996chaos12996 Posts: 169 ★★

If u can fit heimdall it helps
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

Just intercept him 4 hits combo.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 712 ★★★★
    edited October 2021
    This is definitely not best. Grandmaster and gwenmaster were better design.
    This fight punishes 1 mistake with big unavoidable damage. Meaning you always have to also heal up before going back in.
    For example, making mistakes in Grandmaster fight had no imediate effect and you could also reset your "mistake counter" if you pushed him to another phase.
    And best counter for his last 2% is duped NF. Just stand there and get hit in the face, you'll get to l3 before kang does
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★

I just want to take this time to appreciate the final Kang fight in act 7.3.

I personally feel that is the best boss fight created so far. I am not calling it easy. But unlike the other fights, It wasnt as annoying. The other fights, as fun as they were, became annoying occasionally. I am definitely not the best player in MCOC and I have never one-shot Grandmaster or Gwenmaster, or even Kang. But the way this fight was created, it was much more fun than the other two. So as much as I criticize Kabam for when they make poor choices, I owe it to them to praise when they have good work.

Kudos to whoever designed this fight. Very Good job done indeed.

It is good fight
    But GM imo remains best and skill base challenge
  • RahultripathiRahultripathi Posts: 233 ★★
    Hyperion work like a charm for me… last phase especially….
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    Dragonman. Did the 2% phase first try. Didn’t even know it was considered tough and did 0 research before hand.

Fights ok

Gwenmaster is still the best.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    CGR works awesome for 2%
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Mattyy said:

Boring fight, dex or block his sp1 to build or drain power and then throw appropriate special.... that's it lmfao

You've oversimplified it imo. There is a lot of other more detailed strategy woven into the fight. Lots of small decisions to make aside from dex or block. Which special is next? Hold power for next prompt or throw it now? Bait special now or land heavy first? Keep attacking or stop and bait special? Do I need to alternate my combo to keep power or duplicate last to remove some?... etc.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    It'd be a lot more enjoyable if the windows for when to dex weren't so weird.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

It'd be a lot more enjoyable if the windows for when to dex weren't so weird.

“Dash back so you get hit by the beams visually but they don’t damage you”

Uh, sure. Will do.

I found this fight very manageable. I had a much easier first run than I did with either GM. With that said, I don’t see an “easy” path among the rulesets. The 7.2.6 one that increased attack over time (juiced?) was great for players who suck at rule-based fights but do ok with regular mechanics.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Mattyy said:

You've oversimplified it imo. There is a lot of other more detailed strategy woven into the fight. Lots of small decisions to make aside from dex or block. Which special is next? Hold power for next prompt or throw it now? Bait special now or land heavy first? Keep attacking or stop and bait special? Do I need to alternate my combo to keep power or duplicate last to remove some?... etc.
    Oversimplified sure, add in as many small user decisions you want to manage power and it's still ultimately what it is in the end 🤷‍♂️
  • NumanNuman Posts: 276 ★★
    It was definitely easier than grandmaster, probably on par or lower than gwenmaster.
    Found gwenmaster fight more exciting
    Only his 52-2% phase gave me trouble, had a tough time baiting his spls and not blocking any beams, aside from that not that difficult.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I actually really enjoyed fighting Kang with Diablo. At 5/65 sig 200 he was able to tank quite a few failed prompts, and that regen is made even more insane by just the extra power gain. And final phase I actually took a couple of combos which actually let me finish the guy off. Sure you've got Hercules, but apart from that I'd say Diablo is one of the best options for people who run the ouchie masteries a lot.