**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are you going for the 6* featured or sticking with the basic ?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
Just curious what everyone's play is here. Typically, the sub-feats for these are notably bad, but this time aside from Hercules, there's Diablo and Torch (still way too many misses though imo).

I was actually curious what the difference in the odds for the featured vs the basic were because although the featured costs an extra 5k shards, there's a much smaller pool of champions in the featured.

Nevertheless, I did a quick comparison of the two taking into consideration the cost of shards and the size of the pool. At least for me, it showed that the featured actually had the higher odds. However the problem here is, as you pull more of the champs you want in the featured, the odds begin to favor the basic pool. In my example shown, with 7 targeted champs in the feat, the odds are in favor of the featured, but once I pull one of those and have 6 to target, the odds become equal.

Which crystal are you going for?

Are you going for the 6* featured or sticking with the basic ? 427 votes

6* Featured
45%
DNA3000GamerCrys23FrnkieloDrZolaBitterSteelGarryDKSatsuiNoHadouDisbanded_pensRaganatorLightburn222StarKingCaptain_007_Cristalman7abo2aTendersquadTensioTC1HeraldofNoneTristan 195 votes
6* Basic
54%
winterthurWhiskey_PoetGulsumbirazielmostlyharmlessnSpity68Hort4SighsohardVceeInfernoBlaze85Robbo101rishisaibuffajrheruheru511zuffyccrider474allinashesLuciusVorenusFeeney234Ajay121 232 votes

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    6* Basic
    I spent 6 month's worth of luck and pulled peni on my 1st try

Sticking to basics for now cause I know I'll be shafted for a while
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★

I spent 6 month's worth of luck and pulled peni on my 1st try

Sticking to basics for now cause I know I'll be shafted for a while

I know the majority will select Basic Crystal and while this may be true for someone with a relatively new roster, trying to grab as many 6* as they can, it wouldn't always apply to someone at like far end Cav/thronebreaker (also assuming they don't care for new champs for arena purposes). This is because you may potentially still have a higher chance at a champion you want just due to the pool being smaller, like my spreadsheet above shows. But it's a case by case scenario depending on who you want, and who you already have.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    I think there are so many wins in this featured, that it would be a shame not to go for it.
    Personally, I've gotten X-23, Medusa and the Overseer, I am really happy with my pulls so far.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    I’m still going for the featured. First 3 pulls got me miles, WM and herc.

Herc dupe, Penni and Diablo are the big wins for me still
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    6* Basic
    I need more bodies for the blender that is arena. Useless dupes be damned.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    If I could pull Herc for the dupe here soon, I’ll start saving for the next featured. Just need that dupe…
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    6* Featured
    Feat for me. I've opened 3 so far getting peni, peni and medusa. I wanna get herc and chavez, also dupe diablo and purgatory
    Will3808 said:

There aren’t enough people in the featured that are good. Simple as that. There are a couple of good champions but not enough to risk the bad people in the pool.

Let’s be honest, thats how they are 95% of the time, it’s rare to have one as good as the one that had apoc/falcon/ghost etc.

Hercules is a game changer from what I’ve heard and diablo/torch are top of their class as well. There’s a lot of trash in it as well, but 3 champs close to being best of their class might actually be rare to come by in a featured pool.

The only question is, do you still keep going for the crystal after you pulled herc or torch etc. It’s at least good that herc and diablo benefit from their dupes for this
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    For me, both basic and featured have similar percentage of champions I'd be happy to pull (~25%), but the odds of getting at least one champion I'm happy with in Basic (3 pulls) compared to Featured (2 pulls) is better with the Basics.

That said, I will probably be saving instead for the Next Featured. But, I will also wait and see what strategies there are for 7.3 exploration, and if a specific champion I don't have is good for that.
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    6* Featured
    All about herc for me. Will be able to get my first rank 4 relatively soon and I am eyeing him as my option
    FiiNCH said:

I’m still going for the featured. First 3 pulls got me miles, WM and herc.

Herc dupe, Penni and Diablo are the big wins for me still

How many good champs are you missing from the basic?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    I’ve managed a Gamora dupe and a shiny new Iceman from my two featureds, both purchased for the Sigil discount. Neither really boosts my account.

I’d be reasonably happy with at least 8-9 of the champs in featured; there are some crystals, however, that simply feel like they won’t break your way. This one feels like that to me, but I will probably give it a few more tries.

Dr. Zola
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 308 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    I haven't hit on a single targeted champ in the 6* featured crystal over the last 3 iterations despite going mostly featured. Currently 0 for 3 on this new one, could change depending on the Karnak buff. Still going featured mostly since basic luck is the same.
  • MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,476 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    Pulled stark spidey then Karnak… could be two really great pulls if the buff lands well
    edited October 2021

I completely struck out. Is there anyone here that also got duds for their first 2 or however many tries, but are still going for this crystal?

Curious to see how many stopped versus continuing... as there’s just way too many trash in the crystal
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

I completely struck out. Is there anyone here that also got duds for their first 2 or however many tries, but are still going for this crystal?

Curious to see how many stopped versus continuing... as there’s just way too many trash in the crystal

As much as i want Herc or Peni ..i may not go for it again ..15k shards aren't easy to collect everytime.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    6* Basic
    The only featured I ever went for was cgr's.. and I never got anything worth while out of it.

I was really tempted by this one.. but I still need so many from the basic that I think for me personally I'll stick to it.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    This is the first featured I've gone for. Need Torch.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    6* Featured
    I've pulled Hercules out of the first feat, and X23 out of the second.
    Not sure whether to continue with them or not. I can feel Daredevil around the corner..
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 852 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    6* Featured
    I always plan to go with the basic. Then I feel lucky itch which is actually my misinterpretation of the fool's itch.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I always go back and forth. I don't have a large enough roster of 6*s that the featured is a no-brainer but I do earn enough shards that I can occasionally dip into the featured. I take it on a crystal on crystal basis and don't constantly go for one or the other.

I went for a featured since there are a few tech champs in there that I could use my 1-2 tech gem on (plus, obviously, non-tech champs like Hercules, Torch, Diablo). I ended up pulling Diablo, which is amazing. He also benefits from his dupe so I would absolutely not be sad about pulling him again if I go back to the featured for my next opening.

I will probably go for this featured again but it scares me a little. I think the last crystal was more even where even the less-good champs were valuable to me personally as synergy pieces or the like. This crystal, however, has several trash champions that I have absolutely no use for at all and a few rare champs (Medusa, Iceman, Starky) that I'm just not interested in.

Hopefully the Karnak and Nebula buffs elevate them and make the crystal even more appealing.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    6* Featured
    This time around, I started off missing 16 of the 24 champs in the featured (Hercules, Peni, S2099, Overseeer, Purg, Chavez, Sparky, Medusa, Iceman, Torch, Diablo, Gwenpool, VP, Guillotine, Gamora, WM), plus I would be fine with awakening three I have unawakened (Thor Rag, X-23, Nebula). Those are very good odds at pulling at least a new champ, and a decent shot at pulling a strong champ, and my 6* roster is developed enough that for me the Featured is the better play.

First three pulls so far: Hercules (yay), Nebula (waiting on the buff), Guillotine (pthhthhhh).

I am now missing 14, and would be reasonably okay with 2 first time awakenings, so still 16 out of 24 (67%) are at least decent for me. Especially on the hunt for the dup on Herc, Diablo, Torch, Iceman, Medusa, Peni, and S2099. Going to probably keep pulling this featured until it ends, unless I get spectacularly lucky early on.