**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is it just me who might just opt out of Cosmic Horror?

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
How do you feel about the Cosmic Horror part of this month's sidequest? I completed my first run a while back, but now that my Lil Steve is A Bit Bigger Steve I figured I'd go in and try my hands at a second run. It all went fairly well until the second Agent Venom where I took some hits. I survived and managed to heal back some on Symbiote Supreme, but then I died against Knull and I just felt...nah. I'm not doing this again, and especially not again and again and again. I'm not enjoying having to run a gauntlet of the same exact fights, especially not since I've already fought these guys countless times in Cosmic Eclipse.

What do you guys think? How far are you going to take it? Will you go for the last run for those 10K 6* shards? Because right now, I just really don't feel like it.

Comments

• Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Waiting till my sym is maxed out.

Same here
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,080 ★★★★

Honestly i don't think it's that bad if you carefully activate your pre-fights: I have done the first three paths and I've used items only for errors on my side (and because the third AV didn't want to throw heavies :grr: ) and only for my third run with a rank 3 symbiote, so a R4 might be enough for the fourth path and a R5 maybe even overpowered, it depends how he will scale.
    The regen is incredibly good and you have three champions to heal against: Venom, VP and Symbiote Supreme; the damage is here, with 15 furies he is hitting really hard for a champion with the base strength of a maxed four star, he looked like my 5* R5 venom; power control and tenacity are really good once you understand how to use them to your advantage; not to mention that there are two more ranks available with two more abilities to unlock. I will surely go for the fourth path, even though it seems really scary right now ^_^

This. If you wait for your symbiote to get stronger and carefully plan which prefights to activate it's not too difficult. Especially once you activate the Leech evolution since the need to bait specials is non existent at that point
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Been focusing on the 4 star shards
    Don't regret it

Yep once I realised how difficult the quest, I moved my focus to the 4 star shards. The iso is unbelievably helpful. Sucks that I can't max out Steve but whatever, he's trophy champ with not much impact on my account and I'll still use him for lower difficulty MEQ and stuff.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Just wait till he rank 5
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Knull is the biggest problem honestly
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    The rest you can get the hang of as long as you don’t mess up on some dexes
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Not sure why people are doing it with a low Sym. If it's too hard with a maxed out Sym fair enough. I'll probably test it tomorrow when he gets to R4 but no plans to try to finish it until he is fully maxed.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★

2 months of truly awful event design and nothing especially spectacular in terms of rewards IMO. I'm waiting until the summoned symbiote is max level before going in, but I'll be disappointed if he isn't truly OP in that content. I'm not even all that excited about going into Cosmic Horror thanks to how boring and tedious the other part of this month's side quest has turned out to be.

He’s absolutely ridiculous in it with even just the prefights from r3, you won’t be disappointed
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★

Honestly i don't think it's that bad if you carefully activate your pre-fights: I have done the first three paths and I've used items only for errors on my side (and because the third AV didn't want to throw heavies :grr: ) and only for my third run with a rank 3 symbiote, so a R4 might be enough for the fourth path and a R5 maybe even overpowered, it depends how he will scale.
    The regen is incredibly good and you have three champions to heal against: Venom, VP and Symbiote Supreme; the damage is here, with 15 furies he is hitting really hard for a champion with the base strength of a maxed four star, he looked like my 5* R5 venom; power control and tenacity are really good once you understand how to use them to your advantage; not to mention that there are two more ranks available with two more abilities to unlock. I will surely go for the fourth path, even though it seems really scary right now ^_^

I agree with this one as I also completed path 3 with r3 Symbioid, you just have to manage your pre-fights carefully in the early fights and adjust your combos depending on who you are facing.
    Cause with 3x Leech, 1 sp1 and it is all in your control. Just dash back after every sp to power steal. MM for Furies, LLLL for Nullify and Heal. Heavies for Poison to shutdown evade. It's all in there, just have to read and plan ahead.
    Will try path 4 once Symbioid is r5.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★

Not sure why people are doing it with a low Sym. If it's too hard with a maxed out Sym fair enough. I'll probably test it tomorrow when he gets to R4 but no plans to try to finish it until he is fully maxed.

I haven't tried to finish the whole quest but I do try one lane per rank-up of Steve. I doubt the last lane is going to be easier with an r5 than the second one is with an r3 (or the first one was with an r2), so I do feel like I have a good understanding of the quest's difficulty level and the amount of grind you have to do to complete it fully.