**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

November buffs announced !! Yeah baby

13»

Comments

• raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 516 ★★★
    Got both as 6*, so happy
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

people still get excited over buffs? huh, fascinating

I wanted to open a new discussion on this but I figure I shouldn’t be bothered about it…likely won’t change anything or be removed like my other comments. And I’m right with you, not excited about buffs anymore. It useless and a waste of everyone’s time if these buffs still warm the roster-bench for most people.
    One of the few great reworks I enjoyed the most is Diablo. He’s not OP nor the answer to everything but an almost perfect design after his update (Only thing missing is power control which is alright). He’s my favorite mystic champ right now, and only use Doom as a necessity. So why can’t we get most, not all but most of the reworks useable and fun?
  • FinkFink Posts: 14

There's only TWO things that Kabam needs to do to make Nebula great:

1- Cut the time needed by which she gains charges by at least half.

2- Give her more base Block Proficiency AND a give her a small amount of extra Block Prof and Energy Resistance per charge. Make it so at max charges she has Guardian-like BP and ER. Maybe make her shock immune too when she gets max charges. This will give you yet and extra incentive and utility for you to want to ramp her up to max charges.

Those two things right there and presto! She'll be usable again. Add that your standard minor number tweak of moderate buffs and we'll have a decent champ.

Now, if you really want an extra ability utility, I'd say you can make her able to block unblockables while at max charges. AFAIK, there is just one other champ that has this ability ( Mr. Sinister) so I do t see why they can't give it to at least one more champ. It they dont want too generous on this idea they can make it so once she has max charges, she'll lose two charges per unblockable hit she blocks. That way, she'd be able to eat a full unblockable 5 hit combo but at the expense of losing half her charges. She'd be able only to block unblockable specials that have ten hit or less. You can even tie this ability to her sig, by making it a 20% (min sig) to 100% ( max sig) chance to block unblockable hits and lose two charges per hit when at max charges.

I hope Kabam is listening/reading to this thread. Do what I write here and I can guarantee that people will be happy with a Nebula buff and will use her in a ton of content.

Totally agree with your suggestions, they would make her better for sure! I’ve enjoyed just cheering with her sp2 and 20 charges and your suggested changes would really help to both make it easier to pull off the crazy sp2 but also give her a reason for wanting to keep her charges instead of expending them.

But to be fair don’t forget Stryfe can block unblockable specials and Guardian can for mutants as well. So Sinister is not necessarily the only one. But great points dude!

- Fink
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    I have a soft spot for Nebula since she was my first 6* and she helped me with act5 Ultron back in the day. Hope they give her a new signature ability ; her current one is mostly meaningless.
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★

I'm hyped for Nebula. The leaked image on reddit said she was getting a moderate buff which would be perfect.
    Her biggest flaw was her impractical playstyle so a few new abilities could fix that. Hopefully her buff changes her playstyle so she is easier to use while building on her already great damage and utility. Kabam has a good track record with moderate buffs so I'm actually pretty optimistic about this one.

I love nebs. Higher bp would be great for starters
    Always nice to find another Nebula fan. Hopefully more people like her after this buff. Higher BP would be helpful but that's not the only problem. Believe it or not, Nebula has higher block proficiency that iHulk, venom and venompool. You don't notice it because those characters don't require you to spend most of the fight blocking. Nebula doesn't need a lot of changes, just the right ones. A better and faster way to gain charges would make her so much more useable.
    I really liked her and tried her in act 6. But the block damage made me lose her
    Maybe they’ll give her a perfect block mechanic that’ll also make it easier to gain charges and maybe a slight damage increase
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    I already have Karnak at r4 and put sig stones into him and now his at 115 but that wasn't bc of his buff announcement
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    O2T said:

Why buff nebula when she actually has some uses like shutting down robots she ain't a noodle either... Loads of memes in tech class yet u go wiv nebula?
    Where is iron patriots buff

How would you buff Iron Patriot with a moderate buff?
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★

Seems rude to buff Karnak before blackagar boltagon.

Hits kinda decent with synergies
    Karnak has nothing
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    The True Skill Corvus
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    O2T said:

Why buff nebula when she actually has some uses like shutting down robots she ain't a noodle either... Loads of memes in tech class yet u go wiv nebula?
    Where is iron patriots buff

I think she qualifies for a moderate buff or tune-up. She has all the right circumstances for improvement, so she won't need a lot of work from the designers. That said, I get your point as well or agree with you if she comes out like recent Gamora and Guillotine buffs, what's the point then? It is what it is. Honestly, all the vibe I'm getting now is she's gonna come out without any meaningful addition or change. If I'm wrong, well it's a good thing if not it's nothing we haven't seen before.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    How champs like Ironman, captain America, Spider-Man, black widow still haven’t been buffed is just crazy. Yes I understand there’s useable versions of these champs it’s just sad that the most recognised marvel characters may not even be in the game.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

There's only TWO things that Kabam needs to do to make Nebula great:

1- Cut the time needed by which she gains charges by at least half.

2- Give her more base Block Proficiency AND a give her a small amount of extra Block Prof and Energy Resistance per charge. Make it so at max charges she has Guardian-like BP and ER. Maybe make her shock immune too when she gets max charges. This will give you yet and extra incentive and utility for you to want to ramp her up to max charges.

Those two things right there and presto! She'll be usable again. Add that your standard minor number tweak of moderate buffs and we'll have a decent champ.

Now, if you really want an extra ability utility, I'd say you can make her able to block unblockables while at max charges. AFAIK, there is just one other champ that has this ability ( Mr. Sinister) so I do t see why they can't give it to at least one more champ. It they dont want too generous on this idea they can make it so once she has max charges, she'll lose two charges per unblockable hit she blocks. That way, she'd be able to eat a full unblockable 5 hit combo but at the expense of losing half her charges. She'd be able only to block unblockable specials that have ten hit or less. You can even tie this ability to her sig, by making it a 20% (min sig) to 100% ( max sig) chance to block unblockable hits and lose two charges per hit when at max charges.

I hope Kabam is listening/reading to this thread. Do what I write here and I can guarantee that people will be happy with a Nebula buff and will use her in a ton of content.

Yeah 1 and 2 are really just the minimum needed to make her a top tier champ. She already can shrug off shock debuffs and convert them into shock charges but only 3 times. They need to remove that limit and she will be effectively shock immune. The unblockable counter is interesting. Personally, I am hoping for a second way to gain charges like by hitting the opponent and maybe be able to manually activate her regen with an sp3 since it basically has no real value now. It won't take much to make her the deadliest woman in the galaxy.

I was thinking they could let her gain charges by holding heavy too with some bonus for heavy countering specials or heavy intercepting opponent heavies etc…would add a new dimension to play style.

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    For those of you still fixated on the "how come Champion X gets a buff and not Champion Z?"

Please note it has been stated on more than one occasion that they first have to have an idea of where they want to take the champion and start building up from there. I know people in the past had stated that they would just wish to throw a couple of Fury and armor up buffs into each champ and call it a day but considering each Champions kit has different reactions based off of adding those individual buffs, you could create something obscenely broken then we get into tune down /Nerf territory and then no one's happy.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Looks like Neb's buff didn't go quite the way I wanted it to, but it still looks promising.

Was hoping for some block prof (perfect or otherwise) and faster charge gain. Got faster charge gain, not sure about block prof. Seems the focus is more on getting to an sp3, which allows for charge gain without blocking. She also gets shock immunity finally, so sweet on that.

I'll have to wait and see the numbers and check the charge gain in action to get a proper feel for her, but I'm dangerously optimistic. RIP me.
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★

Hell yeah I’m ready