**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Will Karnak Have New Animations?

KablKabl Posts: 315 ★★★
He better. That Sp1 is just...ugh.

Comments

• ONLY_ZUNDOGONLY_ZUNDOG Posts: 5
    Really hoping so...
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Sp1 would deserve it, but I like the rest. Sp2 is one of my fave ones and his basic combo feels good, you really can see the strength in those punches. Also his raggedy man visage is nice imo
  • dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 410 ★★★
    And I don't know if it just seems like it, but to me, after Karnak's sp1, he lingers for a short while more than other champs. Like if he throws his sp1, then he stands still there for a short while more than other champs do. Like I said, might just be me perceiving this to be tho...
  • Most likely Karnak will have a new sp1 animation. It only makes sense given at the moment it leaves you standing there to get smacked by the opponent. Mainly I’m just looking forward to any buff since my 6* Karnak has been r3 since the 9th April (looking at my screenshots). Love the character but he wasn’t done justice first time round.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I actually quite like his SP1 animation. As long as it actually does something useful, I have no problem with Kabam keeping it. I find the SP2 a bit more meh, though, and I don't know if I ever have seen his SP3. Probably some time or another, but I can't remember how it looks.
  • Ercarret said:

I actually quite like his SP1 animation. As long as it actually does something useful, I have no problem with Kabam keeping it. I find the SP2 a bit more meh, though, and I don't know if I ever have seen his SP3. Probably some time or another, but I can't remember how it looks.

His sp3 is pretty cool I just don’t think it does enough for a sp3
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★

Ercarret said:

Sp3 is the best part about him currently. That faze is actually really good rn, lasts 40 seconds and reduces DAAR by i think 65%. Pretty solid.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 852 ★★★
    Animations for his sp1 can remain the same, if.... Kabam adds damage output to all parts of sp1. But yea, I'd like to see more exciting animations on his sp1 and sp2.

It would also be nice if Kabam gave Karnak a few days in a homeless shelter.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    he needs every. single. thing. he can get .. let's be honest. most of which is an ability upgrade followed VERY closely by an animation reboot.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Ercarret said:

Sp3 is the best part about him currently. That faze is actually really good rn, lasts 40 seconds and reduces DAAR by i think 65%. Pretty solid.
    isn’t it 80?
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I doubt it, Kabam John was doing a Q&A on the buffs last night and he responded to a question about the SP1 saying it could be cancelled out of to avoid any risk. That suggests to me his animations aren’t being changed

I don’t mind his animations but they’re certainly not my favourite either
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    They'll announce if he's getting animation changes so stay tuned for the spotlight.

Also his SP1 really about activating his True Strike to counter evade champs, so as long as he keeps that effect, I'm happy.

The big damage is him focused with an SP2.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Give him a passive evade for 2 seconds after the Sp1. That would solve most issues with using him as an attacker and make him a tougher defender.

Dr. Zola
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

They'll announce if he's getting animation changes so stay tuned for the spotlight.

Also his SP1 really about activating his True Strike to counter evade champs, so as long as he keeps that effect, I'm happy.

The big damage is him focused with an SP2.

Well he has a Peanut's Pig Pen animation going on with it....maybe they could add a "choke on it" that stuns the defender for 1 second.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Ercarret said:

isn’t it 80?
    That is correct, it's 80% DAAR, which can be kept up indefinitely with proper play
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★

I doubt it, Kabam John was doing a Q&A on the buffs last night and he responded to a question about the SP1 saying it could be cancelled out of to avoid any risk. That suggests to me his animations aren’t being changed

Link?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    His m2 and l4 are the same. Hope they change that at least
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

Link?
    It’s on his Twitter, so just type in Kabam John into Twitter, go into his tweets and replies, et voilà
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    I kind of hope that Karnak keeps that sp1 animation if the buff is good. The sp1 will no longer be a meme, but a stomp of triumph, redemption, and vengeance.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    I don't like his sp2, either. It took me years to figure out he was throwing a rock at me (I just couldn't see it).
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    he has the worst sp1 possible in any champion!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    The special names are the same on the buffed one, so I’d imagine that they are the same
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

Hey everybody,

Unfortunately, no new Animations for Karnak. New animations take a lot of time and effort, so we save those for Champions with shared Animations, like Daredevil or Black Panther. We have more planned for the future, but Karnak's animations are already unique to him so we didn't deem it necessary for him.

PS. You don't have to stand there and wait for the opponent to attack you after the SP1 finishes. You can cancel out of the animation after the hit.

OG Iron Man / Superior Iron Man buff confirmed?
    Imma say no, always need someone you can be disappointed with off a featured crystal