**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Calling the December '21 buffs

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
I know this is comes early. And yes, I am excited for Karnak and Nebula. But December is on my mind right now for many reasons. The buff program is one of them.

Kabam have done an EXCELLENT job with the Skill class this year. Truly, excellent. I can see them rounding off December with an overhaul for Moon Knight, should they wish to continue this momentum.

If they have an eye on a movie tie-in, then I suppose the overhaul candidacy would go to Classic Spiderman, Symbiote Spiderman, Rhino or Iron Patriot. In this case, my money would be on Iron Patriot.

If you were to ask me which class Kabam were placing an emphasis on, other than Skill, I would tell you Tech. We have what looks like a fantastic buff for Nebula on the way, Vulture and P2099 also had great value buffs in additional to some notable overhauls to Ultron and Howard.

Once more, if Kabam were to focus on a movie tie-in, then there are plenty of eligible candidates in the Tech class that could use a value buff.
Mainly: Iron Man IW, Doctor Octopus and Green Goblin. Yes, I know. IMIW and Doc Ock are great champs, but are stressful to play, and making their rotations less stressful would do a lot for the champions. Also, IMIW needs a bump in damage.

Now, it's not a strict rule but Kabam have not released two buffs of the same class for a while (can't remember the last pair).
Which finally brings me to my top guesses for next month's buffs:

1) Moon Knight & IMIW
2) Moon Knight & Doc Green Goblin
3) Moon Knight & Doc Ock
4) Rhino & Green Goblin
5) Rhino & Doc Ock

What are your thoughts? Do you think the December buffs will tie-in with the movie? If not, who do you think will get buffed next month?

Comments

• Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Psycho Man, Red Skull, Star Lord and Yondu seem more likely for moderate tech buffs to me. Of your choices, only Goblin needs a moderate buff, Ock doesn't need any buff and IMIW maybe a Ronin-style value buff, if at all.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★
    Why will imiw ever be buffed if he has so strong synergies damage and defense along with stealth spidey
  • Options
    ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    The thing is, the next buff will be a moderate and I personally think IMIW would need a Value buff, like Nebula, make his Plasma and Incinerate have increased duration, make his Heal Block better and that's enough I'd say. Doc also doesn't need a moderate.

Also I hope the next buffs will not have a Skill, even though I love most of the buffs, Skill is now a great class. I hope that they'll buff a Mystic since all Mytics this year(except Diablord, Hood and SW) are pretty bad.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Doc Ock doesn’t need a buff
  • Options
    Okay so one important note I missed was that the next buff is going to be a moderate buff; which disqualifies both IMIW and Doc Ock.

To everybody who does not think IMIW and Doc Ock need a buff:
    Again, we don't decide that, Kabam do.
    They look at the data and may look for small adjustments that will benefit the overall usability of a champion, look at what happened with Torch.
    I am hoping the same can be done for Doc Ock and IMIW to improve their rotations / performance.
  • Options

What are your thoughts / December buff hopes?
  • Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

If Doc Ock was working as intended, I don't think he'd need a buff. However, his sig has been broken for a very long time (half a year? Even longer?) and the only way I can see Kabam letting that slide is if they had him in the pipeline for a small buff anyway and decided to fix and buff him in one go instead of going back to him twice.

Assuming Karnak turns out good, I hope they don't go back to skill again immediately afterward. That class has gotten the bulk of god-tier buffs this year and I'd rather see them give science some love. There are a lot of OG champs like Captain America, Hulk and Spider-Man that I would love to see Kabam round out the year with. I think the only science champs that have been buffed this year is Yellowjacket, Miles and Mr. Fantastic. I love Mr. F. - it was a great little tune-up - but I don't think the other two landed quite as well as they could have.

I would assume that the next science to be buffed would most likely be Antman. Guilly got buffed this month, so I think they didn't have the December buffs planned out already during the buff vote. They did say that all the champs will get buffed at some point, and Antman was second place, so he would probably be next from that list.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

someone I have?
    Tbh I’d like to see Sentry get a buff, or Captain America. Agent Venom & Superior Iron Man are also some I’d like to see for an overhaul but I highly doubt we’ll get another skill overhaul for a couple of months.

I’m more excited for the new champion and the possibility of holiday cavs tbh
  • Options
    Wait a second.
    Gamora followed by Thor Rags followed by Nebula?
    Does anybody see a pattern here?
    Maybe Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon or Yondu will get the moderate buff.
    Though, from his base kit, I can't tell if Rocket Raccoon needs a moderate buff or an overhaul.
  • Options

Rookiie said:

someone I have?
    Tbh I’d like to see Sentry get a buff, or Captain America. Agent Venom & Superior Iron Man are also some I’d like to see for an overhaul but I highly doubt we’ll get another skill overhaul for a couple of months.

I’m more excited for the new champion and the possibility of holiday cavs tbh
    Yes I am excited for those too.
    I would be *extremely* excited if OG Captain America got a buff.
    I wish I could take him in all my quests.
    The only thing is about the Skill class is, Kabam have placed such a strong emphasis on them I can't help but feel they're doing overhauls *mostly* one class at a time. Time will tell!
  • Options
    Daredevil ties into the Spiderverse and is also part of the Skill class, I wonder if these factor into his chances for an impending overhaul.
    He is also in the 6-star featured crystal.
    I will wait until the Tuesday after next to see what the new 5-star featured brings us, but for now:
    Daredevil, Moon Knight, Rocket Raccoon and Green Goblin are the champs I am leaning towards for December's buffs.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Phoenix is still my most wanted buff. I’m hoping they give her an overhaul. If Guillotine got one she can

I’d also like to see Hawkeye get a moderate or overhaul, purely for nostalgia reasons. He was my first 4*.

I would love that too.
    But then I remember this gem from @DNA3000:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1931057#Comment_1931057

And thus I have started to feel as though the OGs will get their buffs towards the end of the program.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,206 ★★★★★
    Sentry buff at 1 April 2022 @The_Sentry06
    We do baby steps at a time all tho he already good * :wink: *
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★

There's only champion who I want to see buffed badly.

His buff will come one day bro
    Not before Groot nerf though
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    There are original champs in desperate need of a buff, or at least undoing their NERFs at this point.

There's no reason why BW, Thor, and DrS should still be kept their current numbers and not restored to their previous numbers.

Keeping to Tech, OG IM is still in desperate need of a buff
  • Options
    Doug4theWinDoug4theWin Posts: 196 ★★
    I already enjoy playing with Moon Knight. With a few tweaks to give his lunar phase ability more utility, and possibly shrug off stuns (MK is notoriously tough), he’d be a beast. His bleeds are already effective, especially with Darkhawk, Hawkeye, Black Panther CW, and Night Thrasher.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★

Raichu626 said:

Psycho Man, Red Skull, Star Lord and Yondu seem more likely for moderate tech buffs to me. Of your choices, only Goblin needs a moderate buff, Ock doesn't need any buff and IMIW maybe a Ronin-style value buff, if at all.

Psycho man seems unlikely. Kabam aren’t really buffing recent champs as much, the most recent champion to get buffed is Terrax who was released March 2020. I know eventually champions later than that will get buffed eventually, but as of now it’s less likely. Not impossible though
    Odin got buffed if you remember that.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,003 ★★★★★

I already enjoy playing with Moon Knight. With a few tweaks to give his lunar phase ability more utility, and possibly shrug off stuns (MK is notoriously tough), he’d be a beast. His bleeds are already effective, especially with Darkhawk, Hawkeye, Black Panther CW, and Night Thrasher.

He looks dope too, I'd love if he ever got updated, with new animations. He's not only staff, gun and crescent darts.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Def not IMIW.

Would like a MK buff for sure. Or Groot, Rocket, Drax, Hawkeye, Juggs, both Cyclops, Iron Fist....

I have so many meme champs as 6 stars.