**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Help on 6.2.2 Sinister

Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So i am finally starting to make my way to thronebreaker and I am having trouble with sinister.

I have watched videos and still can't get the hang of what I'm doing and need a recommendation. I've tried a few times and i have more than enough units, I just don't want to start dumping them on this quest.

My squad is a 5* unduped warlock, 5* duped BWCV, doom, CAIW and 6* r3 domino. I know warlock is good for the fight, but does his ability need to be awakened?

At the end of the day, is this just a matter of me "gettin good?" I had a easier time with sinister in SOP and that's why I'm perplexed at my current issue with 6.2.2 boss.

Thanks for the help!
Post edited by Kabam Pertinax on

Comments

• Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 592 ★★★
    Have to have a fury to do damage so need ultron with warlock to make him viable
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    That Sinister needs a specific counter. You need these:

-Fury buff (ideally permanent)
    -Poison immunity (I think)

And this is what you want:
    -as much damage as possible
    -be careful w DoT reflection on SP1
    -try not to get buffs bcs EMP mod (so ideal is permanent fury buff)
    -healblock/not crit too much (so RIP Domino)

Usual strategy involves Heimdall+Angela synergy and any poison immune champ.
  • DarkGuardianDarkGuardian Posts: 185 ★★
    edited October 2021
    Kerneas said:

That Sinister needs a specific counter. You need these:

-Fury buff (ideally permanent)
    -Poison immunity (I think)

And this is what you want:
    -as much damage as possible
    -be careful w DoT reflection on SP1
    -try not to get buffs bcs EMP mod (so ideal is permanent fury buff)
    -healblock/not crit too much (so RIP Domino)

Usual strategy involves Heimdall+Angela synergy and any poison immune champ.

there no is emp mod, but prey on the weak, which kinda makes the fight tricky if you use non permanent furies
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    CMM with a couple of revives will do it. That’s what I did.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    bring an Ultron if you have one to pair with warlock
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    Cleaning up the guidance above, you need a Fury buff which Warlock can get from:

1) Hemidall + Hela or Angela (dash back, hold block for 1.5 second to activate)

Or

2) Robot Uprising by adding either Ultron or either Vision (but not Arkus). To activate it you need a debuff you're immune to thrown at you. Use a heavy to push him over to an SP1 and bait it...he'll throw the bleed back at you and the fury will come.

I also love the adding in the AI uprising synergy with Guilly2099. Warlock will gain 70% of a bar of power whenever those bleeds are thrown at him which makes the fight faster.

Try the fight with at least the fury buff active. If you still can't get past him...well, I guess it's time to "git good" as you said :)
  • RealWizardRealWizard Posts: 91
    There’s a video on YouTube of warlock using nonstop sp3 against sinister
  • Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 ★★
    Warlock doesn't need to be awakened for heal block
    But he needs ultron synergy to do that fight (if you don't have a fury buff active you deal 90 % less damage)
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

There’s a video on YouTube of warlock using nonstop sp3 against sinister

Saw this video before coming to the forums. It was not very helpful.

I have a 6* ultron and im going to make another run at it today, thanks all for the advice. Ill update the thread if i can complete it lol
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Update: I beat sinister! Thank you for the help, ultron synergy helped. Going for 6.2 completion now!
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    Congrats @Skiddy212