**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nebula buff - worth a second look?

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
Well, Nebula's buff spotlight is here: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-nebula/

It appears like a minor Tune-Up, but the effects could add up, especially in longer fights. I think they're definitely worth a second look.
  • She's actually got proper shock Immunity, so can cope with Shock passives.
  • She has 3 Self-Repair charges instead of two.
  • Her ability to recover self-repair charges had been moved from her Sig into her base kit.
  • Her Amp-up is faster - she'll need to hold block less to gain charges; although this still remains a bit of an issue for her. However, she'll amp-up to 20 charges in 13 seconds of blocking instead of 18, which should represent a lot less chip damage, if that's the rotation you're going for
  • Her SP3 Overcharge effect is now 25 seconds long instead of ten (in line with Thor Ragnarok's post-SP3 ability)
  • During that Overcharge period, she can gain Amp-up charges offensively; rather than just on blocking.
  • When Awakened, she gets a boost to her Combat Power Rate when the opponent is Shocked.
I think this looks decent - she actually had a really interesting kit already. People forget that (1) she can tank massive hits, even SP3s, and recover the damage, and also (2) the Power control that her SP1 can do; giving her access to the longest Power Lock in the game - up to 20 seconds. Now combine that with an increased combat power rate, and the fact that her Overcharge effect now lets her Amp-up offensively and doesn't she get a whole new potential rotation?

Forget holding block at the start of the fight: land a Heavy, and rush to SP3 with your enhanced combat rate. Bait out a Special or two if you can.

Go offensively nuts during Overcharge: you can now reliably build Amp charges offensively which will allow you to keep the opponent's Power drained and Locked by throwing repeated SP1s.

Or, of course, 25 seconds is more than enough to Power Lock and then safely build to an SP2 for mega Shock damage, with your enhanced Combat Power Rate.

Oh also she's got an interesting new synergy with Guardian, BWDO, Storm or Electro: Gaining an Amp Charge Pauses all Shock Debuffs on the opponent for 0.2 seconds. That should increase the Damage in Overcharge phase a bit more, too. And what with Guardian also giving her +1000 Block Proficiency, he'll be great for her.

I know it might not look like much has changed on paper, but really: I think this girl is looking a bit more interesting now. I hope to see some interesting videos from the likes of @Karatemike415 showing what she can do, once it goes live.

(Discuss...)

Comments

• Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    Agreed. She looks really promising
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

@Magrailothos , a discussion already going on over at … (maybe merge your thoughts there)
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/285000/nebula-buff-spotlight#latest

Oh - missed that thread on page two.
    Cheers.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
    I'm excited. I pulled a tech 1-2 gem from my 7.3 rewards and that could definitely go to Nebula if I pull her from the featured crystal. I'm not entirely sold on her reliance on holding block constantly since I'm a fairly aggressive player but we'll have to wait and see. I do like what I see overall.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

I'm not entirely sold on her reliance on holding block constantly since I'm a fairly aggressive player but we'll have to wait and see. I do like what I see overall.

I am an aggressive player too. A swashbuckler. So I understand your concern very well.
    Nebula's SP3 now allows you to gain Amp Charges by making contact with the opponent (attacking them) and her sig gives you up to 25% Combat Power Rate when the opponent is suffering from a Shock debuff (which is fairly regular).
    That, in addition to holding block less, will greatly enhance her rotation.
    I am not 100% convinced, but not far away either.
    Gently awaiting gameplay ..
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    The was a minor buff, but it will be HUGE. I think this is on the level of Angela's and Xbones buff. Nebula was already good, and they made the correct changes to make her more useable and sustainable without taking anything away from her. I can't wait to test out my r2 (took her up 3 months ago)
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Apparently her Base Block Proficiency and Armor Up Rating got a Bump, that along with the Shortened Charge Build Up is all she needed imo for a Solid Tune Up so I think this should be the Textbook Example of Future Tune Ups.

Shorten the Champion's Ramp Up Time, Increase Base Stats to compliment said Ramp Up (if they must Crit to Ramp Up give more Crit Chance, if they Ramp Up off Block help them take less Block Damage), Upgrade at least 1 Existing Piece of Kit into a More Useful State for Today's Meta (in this case the fairly uncommon Shock Immunity was Upgraded from 3 Shock Purifies), and if the Sig is Quite Plain add it to the Base Kit then give a New More Interesting Sig Ability but not anything that completely changes the Champion (that would be more for Moderate/Overhaul Reworks).
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    With both spotlights, November looks to be the first month with true progress with the buff system