**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

to everyone who said ebony maw was bad

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
7.3 taskmaster solod full yellow bar
(ignore hit count)

seriously though love using this guy everywhere i’ve used him in war both offensively and defensively and he works super well in a lot of power gain scenarios and against stun immune champions, hell he can even just ignore auto-block when you need it so i’m going to keep running him and super skrull as a goated tier duo until the day i die

Comments

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    In some odd way you are correct in your statement
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★

TP33 said:

honestly it was a bit of a long fight but so what if you literally can’t take damage the fight can go on all day doesn’t matter

By the time you finish the fight Maw will have got his 5th buff and he’ll finally be good
    i don’t get it the guy hits like a freight train and has a laundry list of utility what do you need for him to be “good”
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

TP33 said:

honestly it was a bit of a long fight but so what if you literally can’t take damage the fight can go on all day doesn’t matter

By the time you finish the fight Maw will have got his 5th buff and he’ll finally be good
    i don’t get it the guy hits like a freight train and has a laundry list of utility what do you need for him to be “good”
    fax
  • DiablordDiablord Posts: 504 ★★★
    The reason people hate on champs like ebony maw is because people think a champ is good only if they can hit 20k mediums and not if they have utility.
    Ebony maw has the strongest damage over time in the game, because no one is immune to degen and it can't be shrugged off because of it being passive.
    Human torch is not counted because he can only activate his pre fight once a quest.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★

That's why he deserved the highest peak
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Diablord said:

Ebony maw has the strongest damage over time in the game, because no one is immune to degen and it can't be shrugged off because of it being passive.

Ebony isn't as bad as he used to be. And has officially reached the ranks of 'useable'.

But FYI, there are champs with degeneration resistance now. Knull has partial resistance; Spider-Ham can literally laugh off degeneration; whilst Mister Negative can actually regenerate from Ebony Maw's passive degeneration.

I don't recommend using Ebony to fight Gladiator Hulk either, as it'll trigger Face Me!
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I just don't enjoy using him and fights that take a long time don't appeal to me either.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    I'll take "I'm not sitting around for 600 hits" for a $1 Alex.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    I see "Ignore hit count"
    I firstly look at hit hit count
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Diablord said:

Ebony isn't as bad as he used to be. And has officially reached the ranks of 'useable'.

But FYI, there are champs with degeneration resistance now. Knull has partial resistance; Spider-Ham can literally laugh off degeneration; whilst Mister Negative can actually regenerate from Ebony Maw's passive degeneration.

I don't recommend using Ebony to fight Gladiator Hulk either, as it'll trigger Face Me!
    Why would anyone actively seek that fight!?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021

Diablord said:

Why would anyone actively seek that fight!?
    You'd have to be a lunatic. Or on a Role Reversal node!

I was just making the point that there are a few champs who can resist EW's Degeneration, contrary to the previous poster's statement.

Also, Ghulk hides in a few AQ spaces in Map4/Map 5 and he's come as a nasty surprise once or twice when I've forgotten that, and been running a ramped-up Terrax, who also triggers Face Me...
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    “to everyone who said ebony maw was bad“

You were right
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Maw got @Fintech the summoner showdown
  • FintechFintech Posts: 178 ★★★
    Maw is a beast