**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Calling the December '21 buffs

2»

Comments

• altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I don't think IMIW needs a buff (but sure, if they improve him I will take it), but I do agree that we don't know at all what Kabam's criteria for selecting champions.

I would never have guessed the champions they selected to be buffed would have been picked.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Raichu626 said:

Psycho Man, Red Skull, Star Lord and Yondu seem more likely for moderate tech buffs to me. Of your choices, only Goblin needs a moderate buff, Ock doesn't need any buff and IMIW maybe a Ronin-style value buff, if at all.

Psycho man seems unlikely. Kabam aren’t really buffing recent champs as much, the most recent champion to get buffed is Terrax who was released March 2020. I know eventually champions later than that will get buffed eventually, but as of now it’s less likely. Not impossible though
    Odin got buffed if you remember that.
    Yeah as @Wicket329 said, Odin was able to stack pre fights meaning ghost could get incredibly increased attacks. That was changed after his Crystal sales and poor reception in the game, and as a result Kabam decided to buff him.

We’ve had other new champions poorly received but no other buffs for new champs that quickly, so my guess is that the buff was more due to the fix. Perhaps a combination, but predominantly the fix.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★

Raichu626 said:

Psycho Man, Red Skull, Star Lord and Yondu seem more likely for moderate tech buffs to me. Of your choices, only Goblin needs a moderate buff, Ock doesn't need any buff and IMIW maybe a Ronin-style value buff, if at all.

Psycho man seems unlikely. Kabam aren’t really buffing recent champs as much, the most recent champion to get buffed is Terrax who was released March 2020. I know eventually champions later than that will get buffed eventually, but as of now it’s less likely. Not impossible though
    Which is sad, because there were some real stinkers released this year. Makes sense though, as you're statistically less likely to have them.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    I look at featured crystals. I think cyclops or sentry will have a major buff soon.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    ChiliDog said:

I look at featured crystals. I think cyclops or sentry will have a major buff soon.

Please sentry, please sentry, please sentry please please please
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    ChiliDog said:

Yup this is the best guess as a possible preview.

I haven’t been keeping up with the buff schedule anymore, but if they’re still doing 1 overhaul and 1 moderate/value then my overhaul prediction is Cyclops. He’s been so incredibly bad for so incredibly long, and they’ve shied away from mutant buffs for a while. It’s his time to shine.

The moderate/value buff pool looks like Rogue, OG DD, X-23, or Gwenpool. A ‘pool’ variant drops in November, which leads me to believe Gwenpool is the likeliest choice
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    They need to buff Thor Jane foster, why she is so weak? Also marvel badass villain Juggernaut. This guy is no joke, but here meme.
    From tech class vulture, rocket raccon really need a buff. Who use them?
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★
    Imran said:

They need to buff Thor Jane foster, why she is so weak? Also marvel badass villain Juggernaut. This guy is no joke, but here meme.
    From tech class vulture, rocket raccon really need a buff. Who use them?

Agree w/ TJF, Juggernaut and Rocket Raccoon 🚀🦝
    But Vulture? He got an AMAZING buff a few months ago
    Read up on him again
  • Mister_HouseMister_House Posts: 39
    Why buff IMIW??? He's an abyss option lmao...I cleared all 5 paths with him

So is Heimdall 🤷🏻‍♂️
    But seriously, even if he is an Abyss option for you, does that disqualify him for a buff?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

My guess is look at the featured crystal and one of daredevil, x23 cyclops, or rogue.

This featured Crystal has already predicted 2 champion buffs, and no other 6* featured has ever predicted 3 buffs, which makes me think that it’s unlikely any other champs from the 6* featured will be buffed.

If you want a more accurate prediction, look to the 5* featured Crystal. It tends to predict more buffs in total than the 6* one does. The 5* featured that comes in 8 days I think will have a much better prediction for the coming buffs.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,347 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

So is Heimdall 🤷🏻‍♂️
    But seriously, even if he is an Abyss option for you, does that disqualify him for a buff?
    you know heimdall isn’t an abyss path clearer. why even make this comment?
    He means an abyss option since the saving ability so u can get bit more hits in

Bendy said:

Rookiie said:

So is Heimdall 🤷🏻‍♂️
    you know heimdall isn’t an abyss path clearer. why even make this comment?
    He means an abyss option since the saving ability so u can get bit more hits in
    still doesn’t explain. look at what he responded to, he twisted what the first guy said.
    Read the comment again.
    Mainly, the part where it says 'But Seriously'.
    See that part? It's called sarcasm.
  • TragiC_XTragiC_X Posts: 50
    I’m going to go with starlord and drax, possibly doctor strange to tie in to the new movies coming up
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    Electra / Taskmaster & Yondu
  • EtherionGodEtherionGod Posts: 248 ★★
    Rookiie said:

I know this is comes early. And yes, I am excited for Karnak and Nebula. But December is on my mind right now for many reasons. The buff program is one of them.

Kabam have done an EXCELLENT job with the Skill class this year. Truly, excellent. I can see them rounding off December with an overhaul for Moon Knight, should they wish to continue this momentum.

If they have an eye on a movie tie-in, then I suppose the overhaul candidacy would go to Classic Spiderman, Symbiote Spiderman, Rhino or Iron Patriot. In this case, my money would be on Iron Patriot.

If you were to ask me which class Kabam were placing an emphasis on, other than Skill, I would tell you Tech. We have what looks like a fantastic buff for Nebula on the way, Vulture and P2099 also had great value buffs in additional to some notable overhauls to Ultron and Howard.

Once more, if Kabam were to focus on a movie tie-in, then there are plenty of eligible candidates in the Tech class that could use a value buff.
    Mainly: Iron Man IW, Doctor Octopus and Green Goblin. Yes, I know. IMIW and Doc Ock are great champs, but are stressful to play, and making their rotations less stressful would do a lot for the champions. Also, IMIW needs a bump in damage.

Now, it's not a strict rule but Kabam have not released two buffs of the same class for a while (can't remember the last pair).
    Which finally brings me to my top guesses for next month's buffs:

1) Moon Knight & IMIW
    2) Moon Knight & Doc Green Goblin
    3) Moon Knight & Doc Ock
    4) Rhino & Green Goblin
    5) Rhino & Doc Ock

What are your thoughts? Do you think the December buffs will tie-in with the movie? If not, who do you think will get buffed next month?

I would really love to see Moon Knight get a buff, that'd be so cool.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    elchipo said:

they really need to buff Jugger, Hawkeye and Green Goblin

Hawkeye just needs damage imo. I hope (if it ever happens) his sp1 power drain is left alone since that's his main draw rn