**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Brian Grant - I love you man, but here's why Kabam use Time as scoring factor in Summoner Showdown

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
The reason is when this format of gameplay is implemented for real in the game in the near future - Time can be a real issue.

Imagine you're competing against this other guy - and you run suicide and you fight quick, and your fights are like 2 min. tops, do you want to be waiting for the other guy to keep taking 5 minute fights? Especially if you're fighting an Android user and it actually takes longer than that due to slow load time?

Kabam doesn't want matches to drag on and have the other guy keep on waiting and waiting for fights to end.

That's why Kabam introduced "Time" as a scoring factor.

I'm good with it, it makes sense. I don't think the gameplay would be as much fun if you have to wait and wait and wait for the other guy to finish his fight.

Take Incursions for example, what's the worst thing about it? The "Wait". We've all been there. I've done my fair share of waiting during Incursions with randoms. I usually run Corvus, Cap Marvel and NF, and do Sector 8 and ALWAYS ended up fighting all the bosses cos the other guy would take way too long. (I'm on IOS BTW)

We don't want that.

Here's Brian Grant's video if anyone's missed it.

https://youtu.be/nZqTmXumwYc
Β«1345

Comments

• Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I could’ve literally picked Sasquatch and not touched my screen once and would’ve won a match

That's exactly what Kabam wants to avoid.. someone choosing Diablo and putting him on Auto Fight.
    edited October 2021
    ChriissR said:

Winning a round because you died faster is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, and agreeing with it makes you the most ridiculous person ever.

Points for time should come into play when you actually KILL the opponent. It's actually ridiculous that someone lost a round because they took longer to die and took more damage off the opponent. It's the most ridiculous scoring system I've ever seen. Even the commentators think it's ridiculous πŸ˜‚

Yeah but it's only in a situation where the nodes are so atrocious that this would happen.

Think about when it's ultimately implemented in the game - it's unlikely both of you would die with the defender's health at 100%, and the decider coming down to Time.

Kabam is thinking long term with this - fixating on the Summoner Showdown only is shortsighted.
    BinkPlayz said:

the problem is that fight time should've ONLY been a factor if both competitors got the fight down. not as a get killed quick to win strategy

If your strategy is to get killed quick I don't think you'll be winning many matches that way. What if your opponent can take the defender down with no health lost?
    Ace2319 said:

BinkPlayz said:

the problem is that fight time should've ONLY been a factor if both competitors got the fight down. not as a get killed quick to win strategy

If your strategy is to get killed quick I don't think you'll be winning many matches that way. What if your opponent can take the defender down with no health lost?
    Too bad they took to long to do it
    They'll re-calibrate it so that doesn't happen. "Time" factor will stay.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 712 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2021
    I started reading till I got to the part about Android users and their load times and I realized you have no idea what you're talking about and how that fight time is calculated and stopped reading. You could have a 20min load time and 10 sec fight. You'd win on time.
    Also, if this will be the new solo competitive mode it's a big miss for me. Too much time is spent selecting champs, banning champs and very little time in the actual fights.

aren’t you the shards for glory mf?

What's that?
    edited October 2021

Time taken without K.O is a completely rubbish way of scoring. It removes the strategy of choosing a better attacker based on nodes and makes you think about just taking damage dealers if you're sure you won't solo. Just do high burst damage in like 10-15 seconds and you win.
    While the other person might plan better, stop short of a solo and lose.

Maybe they can calibrate is so a KO will get a bonus point that ensures you win the match.

If a car needs a new wheel you don't design a new car.
    edited October 2021

Time taken without K.O is a completely rubbish way of scoring. It removes the strategy of choosing a better attacker based on nodes and makes you think about just taking damage dealers if you're sure you won't solo. Just do high burst damage in like 10-15 seconds and you win.
    While the other person might plan better, stop short of a solo and lose.

If a car needs a new wheel you don't design a new car.
    No. You remove the wheel and put a new one in. You don't run the car with a worn out wheel.
    Noone is against the game mode i.e the car. The scoring system i.e the wheel has to change.
    Um, no? The Car is the Rules as is. You don't change the Car (i.e., the Rules as is), you tweak parts of it, (i.e, the wheel) and give a Bonus to KO and reduce significance of time in the scoring system.

That's all we're talking about here, a 'tweak'.

edited October 2021

Time should be a factor.

But not if both of you fail to KO the opponent.

No, cos there'll be people who'll take the whole 5 minutes to win a fight to piss the other guy off and make him quit out and that guy wins the whole match by default.

You don't want that.

You want to encourage quick gameplay so as to not burden the other players' valuable time.

Most people have a life outside this game you know?
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Time should be a factor.

No, cos there'll be people who'll take the whole 5 minutes to win a fight to piss the other guy off and make him quit out and that guy wins the whole match by default.

You don't want that.

You want to encourage quick gameplay so as to not burden the other players' valuable time.

What are you smoking?

Time should be a factor.

You don't want that.

Well only if they can take 5mins
    Brian is not against the time limit
    He is against the way they calculate points based on it
    In a fight the point system should be
    longer you live,more is the amount of points you get
    not
    the faster you die more is the amount of points you get
    The second type of point system is only usable when both the players will kill the defender as that's when they can say that they both did it
    But who did it faster
    Also in alliance war when both teams get a tie and both explored the whole map
    Tiebreaker system decides the results on the basis of which team cleared it faster
    THAT IS WHY BRIAN IS AGAINST IT

~ITNT
    And again I say if the car needs a new wheel you don't re-design the whole car.

You tweak the rules you don't ditch the rules.

Time should be a factor.

You don't want that.

I'm not against the time limit. I am talking about using time as a scoring factor and that's what most of us here are talking about. It makes no sense to reward you for dying faster than your opponent.

Additionally, if a player is that impatient and can't sit through a 3 minute fight, they really shouldn't be playing this mode. This isn't mindless arena that you can do while preparing breakfast or having a 5 minute break from school/work.
    It's not just about dying faster.

Let's say you both KO'd the defender but 1 guy takes 5 minutes and you took 2 minutes.

Who should win the match? The person who took 2 minutes, right?

Kabam wants to encourage quicker fights (which I totally support) because we all have lives outside of this game and it makes it a bore to sit and wait for someone to take 5 minutes when the fight should have taken 2.

The the same reason why your pizza is free if it takes more than 30 minutes to be delivered.