**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Brian Grant - I love you man, but here's why Kabam use Time as scoring factor in Summoner Showdown

Comments

• Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

Forget all that. Why are the best of the best routinely getting hit by evadable
    Specials and incapable of dashing back? Lol

Because not everyone is perfect.

Floyd Mayweather, arguably the BEST boxer in the last decade of not more, has been hit a lot. Heck Ali, the king of dodging has had his fair share of punches to the face and body.

I guess right will ignore all perfectly executed flashback intercepts, all the perfectly executed stand up intercepts, all the time they did in fact manage to evade specials. You’ll even ignore @Fintech and his Tigra evades with her evade mechanic. All because it won’t fit what you’re trying to paint.

If you feel they are that bad, play at their level. Play on a public stage, recorded doesn’t matter because even knowing that thousands upon thousands of people will watch you can play games with your nerves.

If you don’t play perfect 100% of the time you have no room to call them out on that.

I am more concerned if this game mode is only for suicide players. I don't run suicides, should I even bother playing it if I am at such disadvantage? There should be an option to ban suicides to level the playing field.

Not necessarily, cos remember there are 3 factors: Your health, Opponent's health, Time.

With suicides with each special you lose 5% of your health, so your health will be going down more if you run suicide compared to the other player, but you'll be finishing fights faster.

It's a fascinating calculation.
    GOTG said:

Kabam is like a ship with no captain. The wild wind will blow her through the ocean.

You should become a poet.

Whoever started the car metaphor(analogy?), feel free to club yourself over the head with a pillow case full of soda cans

LOL.. what have you got against Metaphors?!?!
    Zan0 said:

This is probably one of the most dumb posts I’ve ever read

You haven't been around long enough obviously.

Player A : Deals 10 % health in 20 seconds and instantly dies.

Player B : deals 10% health in 18 seconds, but does not die for another 2 minute but only manages to do 1% more health due to nodes

Who should win by applying the slightest amount of logic? With Kabams scoring, Player A wins

Yeah and so he should.

What's player B doing standing around for 2 more minutes and only taking 1% health?

What's Player A supposed to do? He's got wives and kids to feed, he doesn't have time to be waiting and waiting.

Moreover it's 2min + + in real time due to loading time, plus if Play B is using an Android Phone it's gonna take longer. It could ended up being more like a 4-5 minutes wait.

It's time to stop posting my dude...

Yeah sorry about the barrage of posts, I went for a run and had 20 notifications when I came back.. LOL ..

I am more concerned if this game mode is only for suicide players. I don't run suicides, should I even bother playing it if I am at such disadvantage? There should be an option to ban suicides to level the playing field.

Suicide users will actually have a massive disadvantage. Their defenders will also have them which makes them MUCH easier to kill. I'm actually quite happy that all the dAmAgE iS uTiLiTy stans will have yet another detrimental situation from them.
    Yes Yes Yes, at last a comment that makes sense!!!
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Suicide users will actually have a massive disadvantage. Their defenders will also have them which makes them MUCH easier to kill. I'm actually quite happy that all the dAmAgE iS uTiLiTy stans will have yet another detrimental situation from them.
    Judging from the way showdown scoring was done, Damage WAS utility. Don't bait or bother with power control, do max damage and die
    Considering the most effective attackers in the whole thing were the two Visions, yeah I'm gonna go ahead and disagree here that DPS was the most important thing or even a very important one
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★

Judging from the way showdown scoring was done, Damage WAS utility. Don't bait or bother with power control, do max damage and die
    Considering the most effective attackers in the whole thing were the two Visions, yeah I'm gonna go ahead and disagree here that DPS was the most important thing or even a very important one
    True. But that was for the K.O and with highly skilled players. With the regular MCoC playerbase, damage will be utility if both are going to die without K.O unless scoring is changed.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

True. But they were very specific.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

True. But that was for the K.O and with highly skilled players. With the regular MCoC playerbase, damage will be utility if both are going to die without K.O unless scoring is changed.
    Scoring absolutely should be changed. Never argued against that at all. All I said is that suicide users will have a significant disadvantage bc their defenders will also have them and I fully expect a whole lot of crying about that fact in the future which will be hilarious.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I don’t want to edit the above post, since it may well go to the abyss of approval, but this section “when you start the fight you have 4860 points, and for every second in the fight, you lose 22 points” should be 27 points, not 22. Had a little moment while typing it up.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

I don’t want to edit the above post, since it may well go to the abyss of approval, but this section “when you start the fight you have 4860 points, and for every second in the fight, you lose 22 points” should be 27 points, not 22. Had a little moment while typing it up.

The emotional buildup is very visible in the write-up
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★

Scoring absolutely should be changed. Never argued against that at all. All I said is that suicide users will have a significant disadvantage bc their defenders will also have them and I fully expect a whole lot of crying about that fact in the future which will be hilarious.
    Oh I agree. It's like war if you don't remove for placement. Boost on attack, suffer on defense.