**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What it means for Kabam IF 1 million likes isn't reached by December 4th.

Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
In short, Kabam is taking a huge gamble here:

Succeed and Kabam will shower us with gold (literally!). We, as players, will praise Kabam for being generous for offering us what is essentially a 'God Tier' Champion for only $1 USD, 10k 5* shards and lots of Collector Crystals. Kabam's reputation will be cleansed, likely resulting in a widespread trust of the company which would likely result in a greater volume of profits for Kabam. For Kabam, this would mean a greater reputation and a definite increase in sales.

Fail and Kabam will be portrayed as an egotistical company begging for Facebook likes, too self-absorbed to even notice their very own limits. Despite the fact that Kabam has good intentions in mind, this will likely be received by most of the community as a failed marketing or publicity campaign which would probably result in a loss of revenue for Kabam. The sad truth is, people don't care about intentions, they are more focused on the results and if the results aren't satisfactory, people, to put it simply, will not be happy.

"I must be cruel only to be kind" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Please do note that I am not trying to question Kabam or incite any hate against them. I am merely considering the consequences and side-effects of such an event and how easy it can backfire against Kabam even though they have good intentions at the end of the day. Ultimately, Kabam's loss is OUR LOSS as well. There's no two ways about it.

My Suggestion: If 1 million likes isn't reached by the deadline, Kabam should implement and give out a different, toned down set of rewards completely separate two the original rewards as discussed in the original thread. This way the players, who this event attempts to reward, will not go away empty handed. Either way, 750k, 850k, 1 million or any amount of likes is a phenomenal achievement by Kabam and the players should be rewarded anyway, so it makes sense to reward the players at least with something if the original 1 million is not reached. Second suggestion: Place milestone rewards at key points, eg) 775k likes, 800k likes, 825k likes etc and give out small rewards such as shards/gold/units whatever. This will boost player morale and will encourage players to promote the event and would likely result in an increase amount of likes.

What do you guys think? Is this a poorly considered strategy by Kabam? Are the rewards worth the risk?

Comments

• SCARESCARE Posts: 149
    um first off not everyone has facebook and trying to get us to get fb kinda feels like were being pressured.
    Second... they will probably give us lots of stuff if they reach a mil.
    Third if they don't reach our goal idk what they will do next
    Fourth why is it so important to get those many likes on a platform that is dying?
    Fifth Will they shutdown if they don't get these amount of likes on the deadline?
    These are my thoughts on the subject idk if im right wrong or in the middle. But hopefully im not alone on this idk
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    lmao Facebook isn't dying. @SCARE. It may seem that way to you in your circle of friends but It's one of the handful of truly giant internet things. It may die sometime but it's doing just fine right now.
  • Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    edited November 2017
    SCARE wrote: »
    um first off not everyone has facebook and trying to get us to get fb kinda feels like were being pressured.
    Fourth why is it so important to get those many likes on a platform that is dying?
    Fifth Will they shutdown if they don't get these amount of likes on the deadline?
    These are my thoughts on the subject idk if im right wrong or in the middle. But hopefully im not alone on this idk

Exactly, that's what I'm concerned about. Currently, it's All or Nothing (like the node haha), if we get 1 mill likes on this platform, we will get it all, but if we don't reach it, we get almost(?) nothing even though we, the community, put in our genuine and collective efforts for not only ourselves, but also Kabams.

Should not our efforts at the very least be rewarded?
    lmao Facebook isn't dying. @SCARE. It may seem that way to you but It's one of the handful of truly giant internet things. It may die sometime but it's doing just fine right now.

don't need to be arrogant about it
    Titan_A97 wrote: »

Exactly, that's what I'm concerned about. Currently, it's All or Nothing (like the node haha), if we get 1 mill likes on this platform, we will get it all, but if we don't reach it, we get almost(?) nothing even though we, the community, put in our genuine and collective efforts for not only ourselves, but also Kabams.

Do not our efforts at the very least be rewarded?

i agree with you and i hope we get rewarded at least for trying
  • Titan_A97 wrote: »
    My Suggestion: If 1 million likes isn't reached by the deadline, Kabam should implement and give out a different, toned down set of rewards completely separate two the original rewards as discussed in the original thread.

I would hope that anyone launching a campaign like this has a backup plan. I suspect that at some point regardless of where we are in Likes there will be some sort of Facebook Ad campaign to draw attention to the game designed to promote likes. And beyond that I'm pretty sure that if they haven't designed a consolation prize yet, if it looks like we are not going to make it someone is going to be assigned that task very quickly.

These campaigns are rarely just about asking for Likes and then sitting back and praying. They are usually part of an integrated promotional campaign that has many moving parts. It is entirely possible Kabam's marketing people are sniffing paint in the parking lot and this is all they've got, but that's probably unlikely.
  • BasicChampBasicChamp Posts: 97
    If Kabam doesn't get 1m like. The company will blew up into a million pieces.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    lmao Facebook isn't dying. @SCARE. It may seem that way to you but It's one of the handful of truly giant internet things. It may die sometime but it's doing just fine right now.

don't need to be arrogant about it

Lmao look who s saying
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    I read a good article on reddit about this same thing, I feel like it's a bad idea on their part, but i also feel like there is no way that they don't get the 1 mil likes. There are plenty of companies out there that boost social likes or app ratings. I could actually see them hiring said company to save face. I'll be watching closely to see if we notice giant jumps in likes the last 5 days.