**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can someone please explain why warlock is god teir

Reecespieces101Reecespieces101 Posts: 221
edited November 2021 in Strategy and Tips
To be fair I have barely used his utility properly but his damage is lack luster and honestly I feel like iron man infinitywar is better even. His utility seems like a swiss army that's dull. I'm not hating just need someone to tell me how to use him
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Okay anything else
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★

You clearly don't use him properly. He's got passive unavoidable heal block, easy access to power drain (and degen if awakened), immunities to bleed poison and cold snap, solid damage on sp2, and easy access to bleeds on heavies

It's avoidable if you have a lot of buffs
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

I just did a fight with him and this was the result
    Rank 4 4 star

That's lackluster damage to you???
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Fun fact: my 5* warlock killed WS in 40 hits.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

Fun fact: my 5* warlock killed WS in 40 hits.

What? How?
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Sungj said:

Rank 4 4 star

That's lackluster damage to you???
    Yes bro obviously even my mister sinister as a 4 star r5 does better damage than this. He would have taken ws down in 300 hits but warlock is so far from it
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Rank 4 4 star

Warlock is clearly not a ROL champ. I'm not sure why you would use him there
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    Becouse he is

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    After all this info, if you still question his worthiness, that's a you problem! He's god tier whether you know how to use him or not.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    What game are we playing.. r4 4*… is it 2018… everything is useless at that level
    When r3/r4 6* are in the game
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Top 10 champ in the game ...nuff said
  • ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
    Warlock made one of the paths in 7.3 (can't remember which one right now) such complete cheese. My only dislike at the moment is I only have him as a 5* and not a 6*.
  • JohnnyBeastJohnnyBeast Posts: 59
    This is probably a poor mans write up of why he’s great but here it goes. My favorite champ to use hands down. He is the definition of a mindless champ, an actual 5 hit combo champ that you don’t need to think about. Has utility when you need it, a passive heal block that power drains far more often then you would think. DOT on command, and solid damage on the special 2. Also the tech cav eq is just a joke each month. Just bring 4 champs for the boss and him, no worries.
  • RanunculusRanunculus Posts: 73
    Try him against any regenerating champ (except post buff King Groot).
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    In general, damage is not everything - if you do more damage but lose 20% health each fight due to lack of utility (eg. Unavoidable poison), that's not better (unless the damage is such that you can finish the fight before you incur the health penalty). Quake does much worse damage compared to other champions, but with unbeatable utility it does not matter. Warlock has such a wide range of easy accessed utility and sufficient damage, that it just makes him great. Don't get me wrong, as I think IMIW also has a wide range of utility and sufficient damage, but Warlock has it all in a better way compared to IMIW.

The two arguments in favor of IMIW is Armor breaks and Evade.
    Armor break: IMIW has easy access to Armor break (heavy or SP1), while Warlock only has access to it on SP2. But, IMIW's breaks are really only there for Utility and not for damage purposes. So, useful for when the opponent needs an armor break (like for Armored Assault), but in certain matchups (like Armored Assault), you can't easily access it through parry+heavy and instead need to wait for SP1. Comparatively, Warlock only has access to the armor breaks through SP2, but each Armor break massively ups the damage you do. So, when you need access to Armor Breaks for Utility purposes, IMIW is more useful. But, in some of those situations (Stun immune node), you are better off with a Medusa (armor break on medium).

Evade counter: Repulsor blasts counter evade, so you can do full 5-hit combos on Mix Master, or parry + combo Mordo without getting stunned. Very useful, and underappreciated ability of IMIW. Warlock has no such ability.

-----

After that, all the arguments heavily favor Warlock over IMIW, as well as vaulting him to the top tier of overall champions. But again, keeping it specifically with IMIW comparison:

Heal block: IMIW can again apply it on heavy or SP1, and it only works when a Regen is already on. That means the opponent gets some benefit from the regen, before you can heal block them, which requires additional time management. Warlock just needs to have an infection on (which can be easy placed even against Stun immune champions). It takes effect even before regen is on, and bypasses situations where Heal block is prevented (like Debuff immune).

Special damage: If you time Warlock's SP2 so you have enough infections on, you'll place multiple armor breaks that wipes away so much health. IMIW's specials are not that hard hitting, even SP2, but instead rely on the resulting DoT effects.

Armor/Immunities: IMIW has bleed and coldsnap, but I have never found it dependable (molecular armor doesn't appear on me when I need it). Warlock's is permanent immunity, with the added benefit of poison and frostbite immunities.

There are lots more reasons, but I just want to end with the biggest reason (for me personally):
    You are in control: Personal playstyle preference is the most important. It's why I don't like Ghost (despite totally appreciating what she can do), as I am not a fan of that playstyle.

Warlock can be played fast or slow. You can focus on SP1 (for power control), SP2 (for damage), or SP3 (for regen). You can do 5-hit combos or just parry+heavy. The only real management you do is wanting to maintain Infections on. But, Infections have a long duration, and most of the time it is not essential to keep it on, or you only need one.

Comparatively, IMIW relies on DoT from specials, which you have to maintain with repulsor blasts. To be the most effective IMIW, you need to do SP1+SP2 or SP3 for the Plasmas. You need to do medium attacks every so often when a plasma is on. This has the added stress of playing aggressively to maintain those Plasmas, Incinerates. So, with IMIW you are under the control of timers. Sure, Stealthy synergy makes this less stressful, but that is using up a questing slot on your team.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Bunch of nice people here. I would just agree and move on. VIVA LA WARLOCK REVOLUTION!
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

In general, damage is not everything - if you do more damage but lose 20% health each fight due to lack of utility (eg. Unavoidable poison), that's not better (unless the damage is such that you can finish the fight before you incur the health penalty). Quake does much worse damage compared to other champions, but with unbeatable utility it does not matter. Warlock has such a wide range of easy accessed utility and sufficient damage, that it just makes him great. Don't get me wrong, as I think IMIW also has a wide range of utility and sufficient damage, but Warlock has it all in a better way compared to IMIW.

The two arguments in favor of IMIW is Armor breaks and Evade.
    Armor break: IMIW has easy access to Armor break (heavy or SP1), while Warlock only has access to it on SP2. But, IMIW's breaks are really only there for Utility and not for damage purposes. So, useful for when the opponent needs an armor break (like for Armored Assault), but in certain matchups (like Armored Assault), you can't easily access it through parry+heavy and instead need to wait for SP1. Comparatively, Warlock only has access to the armor breaks through SP2, but each Armor break massively ups the damage you do. So, when you need access to Armor Breaks for Utility purposes, IMIW is more useful. But, in some of those situations (Stun immune node), you are better off with a Medusa (armor break on medium).

Evade counter: Repulsor blasts counter evade, so you can do full 5-hit combos on Mix Master, or parry + combo Mordo without getting stunned. Very useful, and underappreciated ability of IMIW. Warlock has no such ability.

-----

After that, all the arguments heavily favor Warlock over IMIW, as well as vaulting him to the top tier of overall champions. But again, keeping it specifically with IMIW comparison:

Heal block: IMIW can again apply it on heavy or SP1, and it only works when a Regen is already on. That means the opponent gets some benefit from the regen, before you can heal block them, which requires additional time management. Warlock just needs to have an infection on (which can be easy placed even against Stun immune champions). It takes effect even before regen is on, and bypasses situations where Heal block is prevented (like Debuff immune).

Special damage: If you time Warlock's SP2 so you have enough infections on, you'll place multiple armor breaks that wipes away so much health. IMIW's specials are not that hard hitting, even SP2, but instead rely on the resulting DoT effects.

Armor/Immunities: IMIW has bleed and coldsnap, but I have never found it dependable (molecular armor doesn't appear on me when I need it). Warlock's is permanent immunity, with the added benefit of poison and frostbite immunities.

There are lots more reasons, but I just want to end with the biggest reason (for me personally):
    You are in control: Personal playstyle preference is the most important. It's why I don't like Ghost (despite totally appreciating what she can do), as I am not a fan of that playstyle.

Warlock can be played fast or slow. You can focus on SP1 (for power control), SP2 (for damage), or SP3 (for regen). You can do 5-hit combos or just parry+heavy. The only real management you do is wanting to maintain Infections on. But, Infections have a long duration, and most of the time it is not essential to keep it on, or you only need one.

Comparatively, IMIW relies on DoT from specials, which you have to maintain with repulsor blasts. To be the most effective IMIW, you need to do SP1+SP2 or SP3 for the Plasmas. You need to do medium attacks every so often when a plasma is on. This has the added stress of playing aggressively to maintain those Plasmas, Incinerates. So, with IMIW you are under the control of timers. Sure, Stealthy synergy makes this less stressful, but that is using up a questing slot on your team.

Minor correction. IMIW has armor break on heavy and SP2. Not in Sp1