**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Our power bar gets darkwhen AI throws special

thepiggythepiggy Posts: 504 ★★★★
When the AI throws a special, the screen temporarily gets darker and it's hard to see our power levels. Not a big deal for arena but this can cause problems in important content like AW. Please fix it as soon as reasonably possible.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    it comes back once the special animation is over. They fixed the issue when you’d try and hit your special afterwards and instead you’d block
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

it comes back once the special animation is over. They fixed the issue when you’d try and hit your special afterwards and instead you’d block

You have no idea how much i hated that part when i be blocking and suddenly my specials go off oh the words my walls heard can never be repeated 🤣
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    Neev_4321 said:

Bruh it is a FEATURE not a bug. Litterally such a toxic community everything is not a bug.

Well....we got used to bugs so....
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Jeal79 said:

You say "zero need" but it does serve as a good indicator for when you can/can't throw a special.

Maybe there's a middle ground though. Like just fade the button and leave the power bar visible... Then everyone is happy

You play this game for more than a day and you know when and when you can't throw specials. There are I agree some certain situations where it isn't obvious. But I like your idea. Only grey out the actual button and not the meter
  • OurbeeOurbee Posts: 85
    There's a delay also, you cannot throw the special for a period after they throw their's, as you would normally be able to.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Okay, so I don't know if it's just the bar or what but there's some delay now in throwing specials.

Opponent throws special (our power bars greys out)
    As soon as the animation ends, I go in with a medium but the power bar still stays greyed out.

I could not throw my special after the medium immediately, which I was always able to do before.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    Question: does the AI power bar also go dark when we throw our specials?

I haven’t been on much the past two days, but it would seem like a reciprocal effect might be helpful.

Dr. Zola
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    The power bar doesn't disappear, just fades. You can see how much power you have, and now you will know when you can actually throw a special.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

It does not.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

It does not.
    Hmm. Would be nice to see who’s specials have primacy. Often feels like in a duel of specials, the AI gets first dibs.

Dr. Zola
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    It's not a great idea to add this when the special button doesn't work for some people. That combined with the recent champs we've had to fight that prevent us from throwing specials also "dimming" the power bars may make it a bit convoluted as well. It seems very unnecessary, especially with so much of the game broken.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of this "feature" either. I understand the logic, but I think implementation needs to be reconsidered, and @Jeal79 has a great suggestion.

To add some clarity to my concern here, I also find it very difficult to see the power meter during opponent specials now too. I haven't done any content since the update where it's been an issue, but I can definitely see an issue where the minimal power gained blocking a special could be the difference between a special 1 or a special 2, and personally, I'd like to see that very clearly before the defender's special ends, so that I don't inadvertently launch an sp1 when I was hoping for an sp2.
  • WassupWassup Posts: 17
    thepiggy said:

Neev_4321 said:

Bruh it is a FEATURE not a bug. Litterally such a toxic community everything is not a bug.

It's not a feature I necessarily like. I want to see the power level during stressful fights to know my next move.
    We don’t necessarily like u dumbass
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

It does not.
    Hmm. Would be nice to see who’s specials have primacy. Often feels like in a duel of specials, the AI gets first dibs.

Dr. Zola
    Not often, every.. single.. time. This at least let's you know you aint got dibs..if you check it that is.

I agree with the earlier suggestion that having just the execute special button being greyed out is probably better than the entire bars + button, but tbf I'm getting used to it already by doing arena.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Neev_4321 said:

I think you started well with your comment and ended poorly. But yeah, it's a feature. I like it, it's really cool. I like the changes we've had this updates. Can it cause a potential bug in the future, like after opponent specials your special stays grayed out? Maybe, but bugs are inevitable they just have to be taken care of soon and everything is fine.
  • just more catering to the uninitiated
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★

How is it barely visible tho? You can clearly see how much power you have.

I usually play with night mode on and low brightness. With this update, I have to actively look at the power bar to see how much more I need instead of just viewing through periphery.

Not to mention this change has absolutely zero need
    Maybe you shouldn't make it harder to see the elements if you need to see the elements.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

How is it barely visible tho? You can clearly see how much power you have.

I usually play with night mode on and low brightness. With this update, I have to actively look at the power bar to see how much more I need instead of just viewing through periphery.

Not to mention this change has absolutely zero need
    Maybe you shouldn't make it harder to see the elements if you need to see the elements.
    It was fine till the needless update.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    For me it's actually a distraction that makes me look down towards my power bar. The change draws my attention away from the center of the screen.