**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Guillotine, A community choice champ and nerf? Are u happy with this buff?

Comments

• CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 735 ★★★
    If we get rank down tickets, can I please have my 6* nexus back? Thanks, love you!
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    ShoNuff29 said:

It’s trash. Her regen was nerfed to the ground… then took a drill to push it even deeper

...I'm not touching that joke with a 6 foot pole.
    But well said, as it does feel like she got screwed over.
    I was one of the ones highly dedicated for her buff to do that arena.
    Now I wish it was Ant-Man who won even tho everyone would've just used Ghost instead. :(
  • RanunculusRanunculus Posts: 73
    J0eySn0w said:

J0eySn0w said:

I'm afraid that's all fan fic. Kabam won't change Guilly so drastically after all their work (even if their work isn't awesome) and they won't change her back. But I would like any comment from Kabam on this "buff" and perhaps a promise to make it better.

All their work? Sounds like a lot of work was put into Guillotine buff, so lemme ask you: What from this buff gives any indication that they put in a lot of thoughts and work into it?
    You are right. Kindof. But: The changes are considerable, someone went to great lengths to do it, even if it didn't turn out well (not at all). I'd LOVE to hear about the thought process that went into that. But even more, I would have a good champ.
    A lot of guys in this community can come up with a better buff than this within a few days. They can either base it on her previous ability and mechanic or come up with completely different one. All they'll be missing is a test platform to see how she interacts and plays. I dunno how much time they dedicated for her buff but it feels kinda oh lets wrap up this real quick we almost forgot she goes live soon. Think about it, she's been nerfed kinda. Guillotine with synergies before is better than her now.
    I don’t disagree, some drafts seem way better than that what we have gotten. Don’t forget though that there is more to it than write a champion‘s description sheet.
  • FadedDragon999FadedDragon999 Posts: 104
    Thank you for finally answering! All we wanted was an answer. We can finally have an clarity soon
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★

J0eySn0w said:

J0eySn0w said:

I'm afraid that's all fan fic. Kabam won't change Guilly so drastically after all their work (even if their work isn't awesome) and they won't change her back. But I would like any comment from Kabam on this "buff" and perhaps a promise to make it better.

All their work? Sounds like a lot of work was put into Guillotine buff, so lemme ask you: What from this buff gives any indication that they put in a lot of thoughts and work into it?
    You are right. Kindof. But: The changes are considerable, someone went to great lengths to do it, even if it didn't turn out well (not at all). I'd LOVE to hear about the thought process that went into that. But even more, I would have a good champ.
    A lot of guys in this community can come up with a better buff than this within a few days. They can either base it on her previous ability and mechanic or come up with completely different one. All they'll be missing is a test platform to see how she interacts and plays. I dunno how much time they dedicated for her buff but it feels kinda oh lets wrap up this real quick we almost forgot she goes live soon. Think about it, she's been nerfed kinda. Guillotine with synergies before is better than her now.
    I don’t disagree, some drafts seem way better than that what we have gotten. Don’t forget though that there is more to it than write a champion‘s description sheet.
    Yeah, I agree there's more to it than writing descriptions but it's still an important part of it. And you can only come up with one after you've thought deeply about the character and what you want it to be able to do or purpose to serve. Let's not forget the process and time it took for us to arrive at a Guillotine buff. You know it so no need to say much on it. I think it's enough time and only fair for us to get a buff worthy of it. Not this mediocre buff that waste away in our rosters. Glad we head something from the team.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    kabam is doing too many project at the same time. might be why Guillotine is not shiny as we all hoped?
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    No. End of story.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

i love how they go ahead and say "we're happy with how she is" and then literally show 2 graphs that show how her regen got substantially worse

my thoughts exactly :D

Although, pre-buff she was just above 90 (whatever those units are) and post-buff she was somewhere around mid 80s (whatever those units are). Graphs definitely show her regen as worse, but I don't know about substantially worse.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

The regen is the only issue with the new kit?

Geez, between Guillotine, Thor Rags, Sersi, and arguably Ikaris, I’m starting to think someone has a seething hatred for giving champs utility.

You can give me as many flashy red and yellow numbers as you want, I don’t care if the champ adds nothing to my roster.

Fixing the regen won’t fix that.

But it’s a step in the right direction I suppose.

Tbf with thor, his stun lock is a pretty good utility
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, here's our latest post with some clarification on the subject: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/286598/community-choice-buff-guillotine-clarification-live-ama-with-a-very-special-kabam-dev/p1?new=1

We hope you'll join @Kabam John and myself at the live AMA tomorrow! Check the post for more details! :)

This is very much appreciated @""Kabam Boo".