**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What are Your Predictions for Comp Today?

Comments

• gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    I have to say, even though I share everyone's disdain for these downright paltry single-player packages, it has to be noticed that they are at least communicating with us. Miike has replied at least 5 times in this thread.
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★

Half a unit and 10 gold

10? Your pushing it. Divide that # by 10 :p
    I was close, Cheers!
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Osfan8 said:

Hey everybody, compensation packages should be identical to the last ones with Potions and Revives. We know that this doesn't address each individuals needs, but as we laid out in this post here, there are many factors that lead to us not being able to accurately measure the impact of these issues.

For instance, on this thread alone (and I'm not throwing any shade, just trying to illustrate), I count at least 2 people that are on devices that are not affected by the issues that we're issuing these compensation packages for. This doesn't mean there aren't issues affecting them, but it is not the control input issues.

We're going to keep monitoring the situation and how players are affected, and try and get more accurate, but it is not easy. This is why we're going with generalized packages based on the difference between the "before and after" resource use based on existing content.

Why would it matter if the issue that i'm experiencing is not the control input one but another type? I play on an android device so I know that I don't have the problem that iphone users have, but i'm still getting random control issues like blocking instead of dexing and not being able to dash back after a MLLL combo, and these issues are costing me potions and revives. what's the difference here?
    Please remember to report those bugs so that they can be addressed. If you are suffering from an input issue on an Android device, it is unrelated and could possibly be fixed before other content. It also has to be accounted for when making decisions around Compensation and content, but we can't do that if we don't know about it.
    I assume you don't want iOS users to keep reporting the same problems? I'd be sending in multiple tickets a day and it wouldn't help anything. I've played the game since week 1 and I understand Kabam is trying to fix the problem but if I took the time to report every bug, I'd be writing tickets an hour a day.

Put me down for missed parries, missed blocks, stop blocking in the middle of the defender's combo, inability to dash back and my personal favourite, the attacker randomly stopping in heavy attack, whether or not I tried to throw a heavy, and being stuck there until I throw a special, hopefully not into the defender's block so I get countered to the face AND waste my power or I get hit and knocked and released from suspended animation, The best frozen mid heavy champ is Hyperion...he hangs in the air, mid punch and looks great. I have all of those multiple times every day.

Thanks
    I forgot general lag so that everything stops and when it restarts I've been hit with a combo or two.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

Hey everybody, compensation packages should be identical to the last ones with Potions and Revives. We know that this doesn't address each individuals needs, but as we laid out in this post here, there are many factors that lead to us not being able to accurately measure the impact of these issues.

For instance, on this thread alone (and I'm not throwing any shade, just trying to illustrate), I count at least 2 people that are on devices that are not affected by the issues that we're issuing these compensation packages for. This doesn't mean there aren't issues affecting them, but it is not the control input issues.

We're going to keep monitoring the situation and how players are affected, and try and get more accurate, but it is not easy. This is why we're going with generalized packages based on the difference between the "before and after" resource use based on existing content.

Doesn't seem like there's much issue figuring out how to issue weekly compensation for AQ/AW... so why is it such an issue for single player modes? You guys have done a fantastic job of avoiding this question since the start; just feels like you're kicking the can down the road at this point.
    I just mentioned how we're doing it in this post. "This is why we're going with generalized packages based on the difference between the "before and after" resource use based on existing content."

Further, the AW and AQ Comp have not changed calculations at all. We started them early, and have kept them going. They're probably a little bit much, considering nobody is using all of those resources, but we're not going to change them now.
    If the sole park was weekly I’m be happy to do a bit of end game contest oh wait I’m take a break so that’s meant I’m don’t it just means free revis and also really notice game play change ever mouth it hard to adapting
  • Kerneas said:

You see, this is the thing with those issues: you addressed two types of issues:
    1) iOS only input issues
    2) Android RAM occupation

I am one of those people on Android, I confess (I know you didn't call any of us out, I just needed to make this clear) And I am ABSOLUTELY sure I have lost >5 revives due to game issues. Stuff like "I hold block and all of sudden my character stops blocking" happens. The game is frequently lags and crashes, although luckily your "return to fight" system saves a lot of resources. Yet, I have been KOed unfairly plenty of times, so if (as you said) you aren't making compensation packages based on those issues and only on those affecting iOS users, I have to ask what are you gonna do about the other issues?

I have recieved a compensation that was made for another type of issue, that doesn't affect me. However my issues cost me more than what I was given. So, what is your plan regarding compensating the other issues? Don't wanna point fingers and blame anyone, but you guys said you know about the other issues, soooo what is your plan?
    People have been complaining about issues on Android for years, basically for as long as the game has existed. This is problematic, because those issues may not be some singular problem. Because the developers identified one specific issue in the game that was due to a very specific architectural issue that they can fix and because they could actually identify a distinct change in player resource costs before and after the issue arose, they decided to offer players compensation for those issues. The root cause was specifically idenfiable, and the overall cost of the issues to the players was measurable, because the developers could compare before and after resource usage across the entire playerbase.

But if Android has just been wonky forever, there may be no single issue for them to fix. Android might be less stable because of things that constantly change: platforms change, Android itself changes, and the game constantly changes. There may not no single problem that any player is experiencing today that is being caused by anything that existed in the past, or that will exist in the future.

The devs can't offer compensation for that, because that would in essence be a permanent platform handicap. Android is less stable, so Android players get free resources forever. It is unfortunate, but that's just reality. Now, if hidden among all the Android glitches is an actual issue comparable to the iOS frame lock issue or the more global memory leak issue, then that is the sort of thing that if identified and if resolvable could be subject to compensation. However, at the moment there's no direct evidence of such a problem.
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 738 ★★★
    If this is the bimonthly compensation they’ve seen the last of my support. I see a future of F2P moving forward. This shows us a serious disconnect from the community and lacking appreciation and empathy for dedicated players. I was hoping they’d prove us wrong, but the game moves forward and we’re expected to burn our hard earned units to continue playing content where one missed dex or block is death. Greattttt business model.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★

I'm, hoping for some Hot Pockets. Hungry!

You're not You when you're Hungry
  • Deder80Deder80 Posts: 584 ★★★

I’m an iPhone user and the control issues effect my game enough so that I can’t even attempt breaker of thrones. I know if the game was running better I could do it. I have done side quest last month and suffered hard do the issues. I used a lot of units and revives. I mean a lot. I know I didn’t have to but then I lose out on the rewards which I needed. Honestly I’d like to see a decent compensation package. I can’t speak for everyone else but I spend a lot of money on this game. I mean a lot. I don’t feel it’s worth the money at all right now because of these issues But I do because I keep hoping it will get fixed soon and they compensate decently at some point.
    So what I think would be a fair compensation package would be things some of us iPhone users have missed out on like a 25% t5 class sector, t5 basic catalyst shards, a 6* nexus crystal, or heck a 6 awakening crystal and maybe something else that will blow our minds out of the water. Like I said I can only speak for myself but I spend a lot of money and feel like Kabam can care less about it. I don’t feel like a valued customer in which I a good paying customer! Those things I asked don’t even come close to the amount of money I spent for units to make up for the control issues. I’m sure there are a ton more iPhone users that can say the same.
    I’m sure you guys can tell what kind of devices players use. And only compensate iPhone users that are affected by this horrible bug like me. I’m not saying android should get anything but just not as much as the uses affect by the control issues with IPhones.
    Sorry for the super long message haha.