**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold and lack thereof ...

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
I am currently broke. I had millions a while back when I hit this bottleneck. Now I'm at a different stage. I'm sitting on 3,4,5 star crystals I can't open, I'll have no space for the iso and no gold to level even if I got a character I like. As it is I'll just grind arena anyways and use tickets to slowly fund my teams.

I have only 2 5* stars any good at 3/5 45/45. How the heck am I ever gonna level these up with no t4's and only 7k gold. And 6 stars coming out soon.... wth....

Comments

• I have the same problem. I grind arena but with weekly alliance contributions it's difficult to get enough resources to keep up with the upgrades that I'd like to do. Gold is becoming a huge issue for me..... Along with T4 basics and Tier 1 Alphas
  • Dar_thDar_th Posts: 15
    I’ll be glad when they do another gold quest! Hopefully VERY soon!!!!!
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    I have so much iso it is insane, it is my primary source of gold.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Breakout wrote: »
    open the crystals and sell the iso?

I've resorted to selling iso for gold, but that shouldn't be necessary. Lack of gold is the only thing keeping me from ranking 2 5* champs to rank 3 & 4 respectively. I have everything else. Donations take up the majority, and when I grind for BC in arenas, I mostly only get 3000 gold per crystal opening.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I just choose my rank ups more wisely. I don’t rank up champs that I don’t need just because I have the resources.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    When you guys say "grind" I don't think you really know the meaning of the word. If you're hurting for gold, you definitely are NOT "grinding". Are you getting every milestone in the basic and feature arenas?

I guess if you're playing map 6 a lot, it may be different, but we play 5x5, and I rank every champ as I get them (3 stars to 4/40, 4 stars to 3/30, 5 stars to 2/35, etc), and I always have between 800K and 1.5 mil gold. It goes up during weeks where I have no new champs to rank, and down when I get 2-3 new champs in a week.

The real bottle neck for me is T1 Alpha (and of course t2 alpha)... I can't get enough of those bad boys.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    If Kabam just put a gold realm or gold arena every Sunday we would be all right. Hopefully they do something soon because I'm broke. I also grind so I know the struggle.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    You need to better manage your resources
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    buy gold crystals with units?
  • buy gold crystals with units?

Gold crystals give rarely any gold, they are a total waste of units.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    one thing that might work I saw then do this in transformers forced to fight they could get rid of the gold requirement for aq that way people at higher levels don't have to waste gold donations
  • One option you maybe havent considered is to retire from map 5 and 6 AQ.

If your seriously at a bottleneck in your progression as a player, and you already have enough t4c but gold is your issue, then temporarily joining a retirement alliance running zero donations might really help you.

This will allow you to grind and save resources, focus on act 5 and labby... all while still earning decent alliance rewards across the board. Just not map5 or map6 type rewards.

If you want to play top tier and have tons of resources, then there are only two real options:
    1. Grind your mind numb
    2. Bust out your wallet

Either way, you gotta pay the bill

All that said, December is very likely to have a gold realm for anniversary week or appreciation week. Hang in there, and good luck!
  • YodieYodie Posts: 67
    Or u should have hit the gold realm harder
  • I play 8hrs a day and I need a lot of gold . 15 5* to rank up isn’t easy
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I play 8hrs a day and I need a lot of gold . 15 5* to rank up isn’t easy

That seems hard to believe. No one who grinds arena runs out of gold.
  • I play 8hrs a day and I need a lot of gold . 15 5* to rank up isn’t easy

Depends on your definition of "grind" I guess, but if we're talking about, say, grind enough for the basic champ every round more or less, it is very hard to run out of gold.
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    I’ve been sitting on all my gold crystals from milestones and whatnot. Waiting for them to do another 20% boost event to pop them. My problem is more earning the catalysts. I can’t dedicate the time for a high end alliance.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Wait wait.

Those who say donations are sucking gold up, what map are you doing?

Taking the most standard 5x5,

Donations are roughly in the range of 130k Gold / 30k Chips / 12-13k Loyalty.

Exploration Rewards for Map 5 are 19,500 gold and 6,675 chips, which translates to 97,500 gold and 33,375 chips. So effectively the cost to each member of running a 5x5 is -32.5k gold and +3,375 chips.

How is 32.5k gold “sucking gold up”?
  • I don't have a problem with gold but I make on average 1.5-2m per day in arena. Including milestones it's probably around 35k chips per day so around 245k chips per week.

And yet I'm not rich since I run the daily T3BC everyday and rank up a 4* at least every 2 days and I just ranked up a 5*.

We need more ways to get gold damn, I'm in arena all week long and can barely save enough for my donations.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I play 8hrs a day and I need a lot of gold . 15 5* to rank up isn’t easy

Depends on your definition of "grind" I guess, but if we're talking about, say, grind enough for the basic champ every round more or less, it is very hard to run out of gold.

He said he plays 8 hours a day. No way to do that without lots of arena.
  • Rake2Rake2 Posts: 19
    We need gold event pls
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    I don't have a problem with gold but I make on average 1.5-2m per day in arena. Including milestones it's probably around 35k chips per day so around 245k chips per week.

And yet I'm not rich since I run the daily T3BC everyday and rank up a 4* at least every 2 days and I just ranked up a 5*.

We need more ways to get gold damn, I'm in arena all week long and can barely save enough for my donations.

Exactly. And even with a surplus of battle chips, you are still at the mercy of randomness, which in my case, usually means I get only 3k gold per arena crystal. I could earn 20,000 battle chips and buy 10 arena crystals, and still only walk away with 30k gold... sometimes even less than that.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    ofszgc26rqn5.png

Gold is very abundant. I don't even open my gold crystals and I can't even get rid of all my gold