**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Overseer Buff

I know these are always longshots but I figured I say something anyways.

The Overseer is an awesome champion that is just slightly underwhelming with damage with how hyped the community was for this champ I think slight adjustments could make him more than just a trophy champ. he already has decent damage and utility but is not quite usable for cavalier players and above.

DAMAGE BUFF IDEAS

Idea 1(Reduce Time Between Damage Phases):
Before:
When the Opponent gains a Bar of Power gain an indefinite Gamma Power granting 351.9 Attack Rating and 17% Potency of his personal Debuffs from Special Attacks. Max 6 Stacks.

After:
When either The Overseer or Opponent gains a Bar of Power gain an indefinite Gamma Power granting 351.9 Attack Rating and 17% Potency of his personal Debuffs from Special Attacks. Max 6 Stacks.

Reasoning:
This does not change his damage at all it just makes it easier to rotate back to his damage cycle all you have to do is build to an sp3 and by that point, you have probably bated out 3 specials usually when I use him I have to bait out 2-3 more specials after I get to sp3. Also, the Cosmic Mode offers no new defensive capabilities other than extra attack so this won't affect him as a defender.

Idea 2 (Longer Damage Phases):
Before:
-At 3 or more Stacks of Gamma Power, after launching a Special Attack consumes all stacks and activates Cosmic Mode, lasting 3.33 second(s) per Gamma Power, but it is paused during Special Attacks from the Overseer or the Opponent. Cosmic Mode lasts 50% longer for Defenders.
-For each Gamma Power gained while in Cosmic Mode, instead gain a non-stacking Fury Buff granting 586.5 Attack Rating per Gamma Power used to enter the mode, with its total duration equalling its Cosmic Mode starting duration.
-Light Attacks deal a Burst of 1548.36 Physical Damage.
SPECIAL 3 – COSMIC ASSAULT
Inflict a Physical Vulnerability Debuff, reducing Physical Resistance by ___ for 20 seconds

After
-At 3 or more Stacks of Gamma Power, after launching a Special Attack consumes all stacks and activates Cosmic Mode, lasting 5 second(s) per Gamma Power, but it is paused during Special Attacks from the Overseer or the Opponent. Cosmic Mode lasts 50% longer for Defenders.
-For each Gamma Power gained while in Cosmic Mode, instead gain a non-stacking Fury Buff granting 586.5 Attack Rating per Gamma Power used to enter the mode, with its total duration equalling its Cosmic Mode starting duration.
SPECIAL 3 – COSMIC ASSAULT
Inflict a Physical Vulnerability Debuff, reducing Physical Resistance by ___ for 20 seconds
Reasoning:
This gives him a max amount of 30 seconds in his damage phase as opposed to 19.95 seconds the extra 10ish seconds would give him plenty of extra damage and would make the long ramp-up to the damage phase more rewarding. Also, the Cosmic Mode offers no new defensive capabilities other than extra attack so this won't affect him as a defender.

Idea 3 (Damage Increase):
Before:
GAMMA POWER
-When the Opponent gains a Bar of Power gain an indefinite Gamma Power granting 351.9 Attack Rating and 17% Potency of his personal Debuffs from Special Attacks. Max 6 Stacks.

COSMIC MODE
-At 3 or more Stacks of Gamma Power, after launching a Special Attack consumes all stacks and activates Cosmic Mode, lasting 3.33 second(s) per Gamma Power, but it is paused during Special Attacks from the Overseer or the Opponent. Cosmic Mode lasts 50% longer for Defenders.

After:
GAMMA POWER
-When the Opponent gains a Bar of Power gain an indefinite Gamma Power granting 351.9 Attack Rating and 17% Potency of his personal Debuffs from Special Attacks. Max 6 Stacks.

COSMIC MODE
-For each Gamma Power gained while in Cosmic Mode, instead gain a non-stacking Fury Buff granting 586.5 Attack per Gamma Power used to enter the mode, with its total duration equalling its Cosmic Mode starting duration.
-Light Attacks deal a Burst of 3500 Physical Damage.

Reasoning:
The Overseer's current damage all comes from his burst damage on light attacks so increasing his main damage phase would make the long buildup more justifiable. Also, he would be closer to Immortal Hulk's damage output.

Idea 4 (Bleeds)
Before:
SPECIAL 2 – CLEAVING STRIKE
-Inflicts a Disorient Debuff, reducing Defensive Ability Accuracy by 40% and Block Proficiency by 50% for 12 second(s). Ability Accuracy reduction scales with Gamma Power.
-Cosmic Mode: Gain an Energize Buff, granting 25% increased Combat Power Rate for 12 second(s).
After:
SPECIAL 2 – CLEAVING STRIKE
-Inflicts a Disorient Debuff, reducing Defensive Ability Accuracy by 40% and Block Proficiency by 50% for 12 second(s). Ability Accuracy reduction scales with Gamma Power.
-Cosmic Mode: Gain an Energize Buff, granting 25% increased Combat Power Rate for 12 second(s). 100% chance to inflict a Bleed Debuff dealing 3210 damage over 6 seconds.

Reasoning: The Overseers Sp2 is disappointing with a little utility that could be buffed up and no one notice but a chunky bleed on the end might make it tempting.

UTILITY BUFF IDEAS

Idea 1 (Special Concussion Adjustment):
Before:
-Inflict an indefinite Special Concussion Debuff, reducing Ability Accuracy by 10% during Special Attacks. Max 7.
-Reducing a Combo of 3 or more to a lower amount removes one stack of Special Concussion.
After:
Inflict an indefinite Special Concussion Debuff, reducing Ability Accuracy by 13-15% during Special Attacks. Max 7.
Reducing a Combo of 3 or more to a lower amount removes one stack of Special Concussion.

Reasoning: The ability accuracy reduction would only be active during special attacks and 13x7=91 and 15x7 =105 considering we have plenty of other stronger ability reductions that are active all the time 91%-105% is not big deal.

Idea 2 (Sp1 Adjustments)
SPECIAL 1 – SUPERSONIC IMPACT
Before:
-Inflict a Stun Debuff for 1.5 second(s).
-Cosmic Mode: On activation gain a Regeneration Buff, recovering 7% of missing Health over 10 seconds. The Potency of this Buff is reduced by 10% for each Bleed Debuff on Overseer.

After:
SPECIAL 1 – SUPERSONIC IMPACT
Before:
-Inflict a Stun Debuff for 1.85 second(s).
-Cosmic Mode: On activation gain a Regeneration Buff, recovering 1773 Health over 10 seconds. The Potency of this Buff is reduced by 10% for each Bleed Debuff on Overseer.
Reasoning
OG Hulk and Immortal Hulk have longer stuns on sp1 (I-Hulk 1.75- OG Hulk 2 seconds) this will make him able to better utilize his Cosmic Mode. This makes him more suicide friendly plus he will only heal 88.65 health per tick over 10 seconds (total of 4%) there are plenty of other champs with more OP Regeneration than that. On top of that, the bleed from suicides will reduce his heal rate.

Idea 3 (Taunt)
Before:
HEAVY ATTACKS
Inflict a non-stacking Taunt Debuff for 10 second(s). Opponents that are Taunted have their Attack reduced by 20% and have a 70% higher chance to activate Special Attacks. This ability goes on cooldown for 20 second(s) if activated.

After:
HEAVY ATTACKS
Inflict a non-stacking Taunt Debuff for 10 second(s). Opponents that are Taunted have their Attack reduced by 30% and have a 70% higher chance to activate Special Attacks. This ability goes on cooldown for 10 second(s) if activated.

Reasoning:
Starky reduces damage by 40% so 30% from the overseer isn't too overpowered plus on defense it would have to connect for it to work meaning it won't affect the defense. By reducing the cooldown you can keep the opponent constantly Taunted so you can bait out the specials to get to your damage cycle.

Also, you could just do all of these that would be great. Just kidding you probably won't do any of this I'm just bored and I couldn't stop thinking about it. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Man u wrote way too much for a post that will be ignored
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    Have you seen this?
    https://youtu.be/HUFAcj-h8Vw
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    Ajisdope said:

Have you seen this?
    https://youtu.be/HUFAcj-h8Vw

I hadn’t actually. Well, now l feel dumb lol.
    All good. He just posted it. He said more was coming and I am interested to see how he did that.
    update: just pulled a 6* Overseer from the featured I previously had him as a 2* and 3* I admit I was wrong his damage is great.
    Ajisdope said:

All good. He just posted it. He said more was coming and I am interested to see how he did that.

If you'd like I think I figured him out l'll try and post a video
    @Llessur yeah that would be great!
    edited November 2021
    I can’t figure out the video but basically you want to build him to an sp3 and lunch that when you have 6 gamma charges and then once you push the opponent over a bar of power the damage phase activates. I still think the damage phase should be a tad longer do a bit more damage and his utilities could use a bit extra and maybe a slow as well. Just because he is the almighty maestro
    Ajisdope said:

@Llessur yeah that would be great!

Cool thanks
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I think he’s cool, immunity to stagger/nullify/fate seal is nice. Access to a reasonably long taunt, auto block, regen, and perfect block with his synergy with cap make him tanky. But even with that above cycle, his damage is underwhelming. Maybe awakened it would be better?