**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Guillotine, A community choice champ and nerf? Are u happy with this buff?

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

i love how they go ahead and say "we're happy with how she is" and then literally show 2 graphs that show how her regen got substantially worse

They said they were happy with how the rest of the kit was.

Not that I agree the rest of her kit is fine, but they did literally say they were happy with the state of most of her kit, but would keep an eye on the healing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

i love how they go ahead and say "we're happy with how she is" and then literally show 2 graphs that show how her regen got substantially worse

They said they feel she could use more Regen, but are happy with most of her new kit. So they argee with people.
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 738 ★★★
    Only everyone mentioned a nerfed sp3, but yet, nobody at Kabam noticed, that’s interesting.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's evident that they're not interested in reverting her, so it might be more productive to offer ideas on how to improve her current setup on top of the Regen.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    Lol to say guilotines regen is inline with anyone on that chart is insane and a poor comparison
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Mord said:

Well I'm glad to finally see some regen numbers, but even those show a poor picture of the picture.

Regen per second comparison might be a good metric if all champs have the same optimal gameplay style and similar stats and defensive (and offensive) abilities and masteries. It also depends on how they were actually played for the sample as DNA points out. How big a regen per second actually is should be measured relative to all those factors.

For example, I see there Diablo and Angela. Both of these champions sustainability skyrocket with suicide masteries. Diablo also reduces incoming damage from all sources when awakened (up to 30%!), and Angela has sizeable armor ups.

Hulkbuster is very tanky (large armor), blade and wolverine are healing machines if you keep your power and don't throw specials. Ghost rider can heal substantially more if you use judgement of malice last.

All in all, comparing healing per second as if it is the only metric for sustainability can be highly misleading. And even with all that noise added together, new Guillotine's regen is lower.

Couple of final notes

- Please, PLEASE, move away from those graphs. For communication purposes, I would use a barplot with the axis switched: champions names in the y-axis (horizontal text is typically easier to read), metric in the x-axis (descending order also makes comparisons easier), and for the love of god, change the font size.

- Provide *context* to the data behind the plot. Else publishing a figure like this is meaningless.

- The post only focused on regen, while the lack of utility was the main concerned I've seen. So what I'm getting at is that the team targeted her to have decent damage and very low utility that is also currently covered by lots of other champions (not even niche). Is that right? because that was old Guillotine as well: her place in the game didn't even change one bit after a big community vote/event.

Can you post this one the thread when it opens. That graph is weird and confusing as hell.
    Also if they're doing this AMA just to talk about the regen, they might as well not bother. Guilly with Wolverine's level of regen is still not endgame material because she's got no utility.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    While I understand they believe that Guillotine’s kit turned out good, I’m hoping we get more clarification on that. Why are they satisfied with her current state? Even with the many concerns of her lack of new utility, why do they believe that her utility is where it needs to be? I truly hope we get to hear more about their reasoning behind making the changes they did and not giving her more of a true overhaul. For a buff that involved forum voting, grinding an in-game arena, and being hyped up by both players and members of the dev team alike, the changes she received were very lacklustre, and any future community votes on buffs are probably going to have a significantly decreased turnout.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    DrDrill said:

wow, I can't believe they said they are satisfied with most of her kit, and gonna focus only on her regen to buff it more in the future.
    she is less powerful than prebuff, her sp3 went from dealing +80k to 3k. lol, what a joke

Well, hopefully we have the opportunity to express our concerns about the rest of her kit.

It isn't good, even ignoring the SP3.