**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Guillotine, A community choice champ and nerf? Are u happy with this buff?

Comments

• Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    the only issue I'm having is why are the focus just on regen and not Utility, this Champ should be a champ the community is excited about however no one is really excited about her and most felt that it was a waste of time. i think she need a total rework which includes increase damage(easier access to her damage) , a little utility, and increase regen.
  • MordMord Posts: 111 ★★
    Wicket329 said:

Mord said:

To my way of thinking they have like 3 categories of healing characters in there.
    1. Constant regen (do nothing special and heal): Wolverine, OML, Angela, Diablo, King Groot, Voodoo, X23
    2. Regen on demand (Heal due to specific actions): Blade, Ghost rider, BWCV, not in list but Hype would also fit here
    3. Emergency healing (Heal due to low health): Hulkbuster, G99, not in the list but the other iron men and Punisher 2099 would fit here too

So the problem is that Guillotine belongs in group 1, but even before her buff she regens the least of any of the champs listed and her regen was then reduced in her changes.

And none of this touches on her lack of additional utility.

There you go. What can I say, it's a quiet day at the office.

It’s also worth noting that Original Recipe Guillotine’s healing was locked behind her awakened ability and varied based on sig level. So the data is likely inconsistent from player to player unless this was controlled for.

The same can be said for any champion with healing tied to sig ability. If the data shown is compiled from all uses of the champion, as compared to awakened only or max sig ability only, then there are further flaws with this means of data comparison.
    I agree. It would be great to have the 'max regen potential' comparison where only maxed out champions are selected. The full sample with mixed sig levels is not that bad, as long as we can see the distribution and not the average alone - probably a boxplot would be more informative, where you can see the overlap between champions due to other factors that have not been excluded/filtered.

Either way, there was little to no information about how the data was collected and put together, I'm assuming it represent actual data from a large amount of fights with little cooking behind. Hopefully they can clarify it today.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Mord said:

To my way of thinking they have like 3 categories of healing characters in there.
    1. Constant regen (do nothing special and heal): Wolverine, OML, Angela, Diablo, King Groot, Voodoo, X23
    2. Regen on demand (Heal due to specific actions): Blade, Ghost rider, BWCV, not in list but Hype would also fit here
    3. Emergency healing (Heal due to low health): Hulkbuster, G99, not in the list but the other iron men and Punisher 2099 would fit here too

So the problem is that Guillotine belongs in group 1, but even before her buff she regens the least of any of the champs listed and her regen was then reduced in her changes.

There you go. What can I say, it's a quiet day at the office.

That's a great way to present the data. Nice work!
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Wicket329 said:

To echo @DNA3000’s point, the way that Kabam is measuring the regeneration utility is all wrong. For example, I use G2099 regularly in AQ, but only use her regeneration mechanic maybe once throughout the quest while fighting the Apoc boss. According to this measurement, the fact that I only used her regen once across however many fights makes her the worse healer of the two.

For BWCV, as a non-recoil mastery user, I only use her healing stance when I’ve messed up and taken hits or substantial chip damage. 98% of the time, I’m using power control or burst damage instead. By this measure, BWCV is a worse healer than Guillotine.

There are so many champions that require you to take a specific action, have a particular interaction between attacker and defender, or cross a certain health threshold in order to access their healing mechanics. Ghost Rider, Blade, Hulk Buster, Hood, Sorcerer Supreme, Bishop, on and on and on. You have to either be choosing to heal, getting in the right matchup, or taking a lot of damage to trigger it.

Champions like Guillotine, Diablo (if running liquid courage), Wolverine, and Voodoo are not like that. Their healing just happens as a function of playing. When you compare Guillotine to that class of champion, the ones that don’t require specific circumstances to heal, you start to see exactly how far behind she lags.

Yes, completely this.

And they completely ignored Ultron, the most sustainable robot in the game.
  • Her regen isn’t the issue. She has next to no utility, restoring her l3, more damage and some nullify ability would make her 1/2 decent
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Just wanted to add some positive feedback as well. The idea to give her the ability to apply degen with awakened ability was actually a really cool idea imo.
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 737 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    I can see her becoming defensively annoying to us on the right nodes, but definitely not a summoners champion I’d promote for questing in any content.
    Let’s see what happens after this regen fix, I can’t say I expect much after everything I’ve read. Prove me wrong @kabamjohn