**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Phones not affected by bugs? [Edited for Clarity]

mattyben27mattyben27 Posts: 55
edited November 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
@Kabam Miike in a different thread, you mentioned you know of certain phones that aren't affected by the main bug/bugs that have been affecting the game for the past few months. Can you please share that list? We players have been assuming that the game play issues we've had are from the main bug. If we could see that our phone isn't affected, then we can report new issues/bugs. Thank you

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,609 Guardian
    edited November 2021
    I don’t think they ever said that “certain” phones (within Android, which is what you had initially asked) were or were not affected.

Other than the specific “Frame Rate and Control Input” issue (due to 3rd party Unity game engine issue) that is exclusive to only iOS.

While other Parry and Dex issues are being analyzed (see their Input Robot named Kabam Tapsalot) as to what could be causing those broader problems. (But don’t think they have said it is just specific devices regarding that).

Separately as well is an Asset Memory Leak that was causing some stuttering and crashing.

All that basically was said in their initial detailed “Input System Update” post.
  • mattyben27mattyben27 Posts: 55

I don’t think they ever said that “certain” phones (within Android, which is what you had initially asked) were or were not affected.

Other than the specific “Frame Rate and Control Input” issue (due to 3rd party Unity game engine issue) that is exclusive to only iOS.

While other Parry and Dex issues are being analyzed (see their Input Robot named Kabam Tapsalot) as to what could be causing those broader problems. (But don’t think they have said it is just specific devices regarding that).

Separately as well is an Asset Memory Leak that was causing some stuttering and crashing.

All that basically was said in their initial detailed “Input System Update” post.

This is a quote from @Kabam Miike, if I'm not interpreting him correctly, please let me know. It's from the Compensation Prediction thread

- Hey everybody, compensation packages should be identical to the last ones with Potions and Revives. We know that this doesn't address each individuals needs, but as we laid out in this post here, there are many factors that lead to us not being able to accurately measure the impact of these issues.

For instance, on this thread alone (and I'm not throwing any shade, just trying to illustrate), I count at least 2 people that are on devices that are not affected by the issues that we're issuing these compensation packages for. This doesn't mean there aren't issues affecting them, but it is not the control input issues.

We're going to keep monitoring the situation and how players are affected, and try and get more accurate, but it is not easy. This is why we're going with generalized packages based on the difference between the "before and after" resource use based on existing content.
  • The “2 people that are on devices that are not affected” probably just means that if it was specifically for the Unity Engine issue (iOS), that there were others commenting there about their Android devices. (not that Miike was singling out specific Android phones from other Android phones)
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 312 ★★★
    Just because I'm posting from an Android device doesn't mean I play on an Android device. For example...I primarily play on my iPad, but will switch to my Android phone if I'm going to be away from my house for a while. It's bad policy on Kabam's part to assume