**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So Magik is a new God Tier Champ?

Just had a look at Seatin's V16.0 champ tier list, and she's apparently God Tier now?
Can anyone back this claim??

Comments

• Lightvayne wrote: »
    Been using her for a while now. I would defiantly place her there.

I've just R3'd mine, guess i better get those T4BCs for R4 :smile:
  • Omni wrote: »
    First of all that is one person's opinion. Is he moderately experienced? Yes. Is his opinion consistent with most end game players ? Also a yes.

But shes been this good for awhile, so not really a new ground breaking revelation just because someone made a video about it.

That's why I asked for others opinions??? :/
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    My list would be different from seatins for all the tiers
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    i'm definitely not a Ghost Rider Fan. I put ghost rider in the same tier as king groot. Ghost rider is really complicated, the regen is circumstantial on hitting the opponent, and you have to reset by using an L3. He can go forever in a lot of different situations but it seriously takes forever to knock someone down.

I stopped reading after this... GR is easily one of the top champs in the game. Not sure what you're playing, but I've leaned HEAVILY on him in a lot of end game content, and he's never had trouble "knocking someone down" quickly.

He is good, but I think he's overrated as well. You might knock them down, but it's slow as **** compared to AA, GP, DV, SL, SW, or other legit God level champs. Definitely a gamble with the procs, especially against heroes. I wouldn't say he's complicated, but not reliable either at times. That said, I still have mine at r5 and use in aq all the time.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Magik has always been "god tier"
  • Vdh2008 wrote: »
    i'm definitely not a Ghost Rider Fan. I put ghost rider in the same tier as king groot. Ghost rider is really complicated, the regen is circumstantial on hitting the opponent, and you have to reset by using an L3. He can go forever in a lot of different situations but it seriously takes forever to knock someone down.

I stopped reading after this... GR is easily one of the top champs in the game. Not sure what you're playing, but I've leaned HEAVILY on him in a lot of end game content, and he's never had trouble "knocking someone down" quickly.

Ghost Rider's offensive output varies a lot depending on how you stack judgments. The M3LM combo gets you an attack boost and the M4L combo gets you bleed so if you stack those at the end of your judgment chain you will do a lot more damage than if you start with them. But it isn't easy to end with those since you have to cut your combos short for a while (which people can forget to do) and if you are using GR for his heals you will likely prioritize stacking the heavy at or near the end rather than the 5 combo judgments. How you play him can dramatically change how much damage he deals as a result. If you don't leverage the combos well, GR's damage can be mediocre. There's also a significant amount of ramp up time to get into the rhythm with GR.
  • Oh yeah... Magik has been amazing since they changed her. This has been widely known pretty much since the change. She's the right tool for just about any situation. I don't like using her, personally. But I also have no reason for that. Think I just burned out on her for one reason or another.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I know it’s slightly a tangent, but voodoo is much better for AQ than Magik is. Regen is king in AQ and voodoo can survive degen/starburst on map 6 while sweeping entire lines himself. I would also say he carried me through all of act 5 so far because he can effectively lock down power as well.

That said, I do think Magik is one of the best attackers available and have no problem with her in top tier. I don’t think anyone in the 2nd tier above can touch her on attack.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I have been praising magik as an attacker for well over a year now. It amazes me how long it took for some people to understand. And seatin’s explanation doesn’t even make any sense—bc she can take luke cage on star burst in map 6?

Go watch Joel line or the analyzer use her and u will understand why she’s god tier.
  • At this stage, the truly so called “God tier” includes only SL, Spark and Blade, imho.
    I don't completely agree with his list either. I'm not a Voodoo fan. and i'm definitely not a Ghost Rider Fan. I put ghost rider in the same tier as king groot. Ghost rider is really complicated, the regen is circumstantial on hitting the opponent, and you have to reset by using an L3. He can go forever in a lot of different situations but it seriously takes forever to knock someone down.

Taking into consideration the hardest content in the game,

AQ Map 5/6
    AW - not hard but important here
    RTTL
    ROL
    LOL
    Act 5

I would only use Voodoo over Magik in a AW, and RTTL. I would only use Ghost Rider over magik in ROL. With that said, I don't value them very high at all. all other's are Magik, Scarlet Witch

Are they more fun to play than King Groot, sure. Super fun to play. But so's Venom. So keep that in mind.

So much in this raises so many questions...
    First, by your own definition gr is god tier. I use gr on aq map 6. He can clear the whole map with his regen (except minibosses). He’s the best champ for degen unstoppable colossus and he’s who I have found to be the best champ for caltrops juggs. I don’t know what lines you take in map 6 (I assume by your post you have done map 6), but I can tell you from personal experience that gr is great for map 6. He’s also the best champ for the bleed/caltrops lines bc he (a) regens and (b) doesn’t get magnetized.

Map 5, he also can clear the whole map solo. He struggles against cable miniboss and rhino takes forever with him. But he’s good against mordo. I usually don’t use him for minibosses bc his damage output is too low for them. But if you are a good player, he’s great for all of the fights besides minibosses.

Rol he easily clears.

I haven’t used him on rttl. But that’s more champ specific to deal with the nodes (spiked armor or safeguard etc). U really can’t identify someone as “god tier” bc they are the right champ to use on a specific node. For instance, I silent refer to crossbones as “god tier,” but he’s good for a lot of rttl.

Ghost rider would be a terrible choice for rol—but so would a ton of champions. Lol is about massive damage output and being able to intercept and spend lots of units. For the stuff that everyone does all the time, war, aq, questing, gr is easily in the god tier category of attackers. Same level as king groot? What a farce.

As for voodoo, once u understand how to play voodoo, she’s good for everything. Power control? Even combo l2. Bypass abilities? Odd combo specials. Facing an arc overload or regen champ? Even combo l1. Facing limber? Odd combo specials. Voodoo is amazing in all aspects of the game except for when u need massive damage bursts (except his poison stacks which are awesome).

And magik is great for almost everything as well except spiderman. And even then she’s not awful bc u can power lock him. I’m not a huge fan of using her against a stun immune champ that can evade either.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I don’t think sl is god tier just because he has the highest damage output due to his limited use in some content like aq and aw. I know some people can bring him for one or 2 paths on map 6 and top tier aw but I see many champs get used over sl

I think he’s still “god tier” in the sense he dishes out the most damage and where u can use him. I don’t use mine in war anymore bc of what you say (and bc his furies feed md). But he’s still great for minibosses/boss in aq and he’s great in content and the best overall (imo) for lol.
  • Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    As the person who made the video that Seatin referenced for Magik, yes she is God Tier.

Magik is the best power control champion in the game. Magik's limbo is a regen and you can heal from it if you practice. This extends to recoil, Magik heals from recoil (provided you have 3/3 in recovery) and takes 0 damage from running double edge. (Liquid courage reduces all healing by 30% so you'll only recover about 85% of recoil damage.

Magik is perhaps the best champion to use on Starburst provided there isn't a auto evade/rhino on the node. Her Prestige is over 7400 at level 200 which is extremely good for someone who's been in the basic pool of 5 stars from the beginning.

Magik has been the mvp of 2 special events now, Bautista's and Goldblum's.

Here's the video of me using her to absolutely destroy Starburst Luke Cage in section 1 of AW.

https://youtu.be/mUY9iczKzOQ
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    I don't completely agree with his list either. I'm not a Voodoo fan. and i'm definitely not a Ghost Rider Fan. I put ghost rider in the same tier as king groot. Ghost rider is really complicated, the regen is circumstantial on hitting the opponent, and you have to reset by using an L3. He can go forever in a lot of different situations but it seriously takes forever to knock someone down.

Taking into consideration the hardest content in the game,

AQ Map 5/6
    AW - not hard but important here
    RTTL
    ROL
    LOL
    Act 5

I would only use Voodoo over Magik in a AW, and RTTL. I would only use Ghost Rider over magik in ROL. With that said, I don't value them very high at all. all other's are Magik, Scarlet Witch

Are they more fun to play than King Groot, sure. Super fun to play. But so's Venom. So keep that in mind.

So much in this raises so many questions...
    First, by your own definition gr is god tier. I use gr on aq map 6. He can clear the whole map with his regen (except minibosses). He’s the best champ for degen unstoppable colossus and he’s who I have found to be the best champ for caltrops juggs. I don’t know what lines you take in map 6 (I assume by your post you have done map 6), but I can tell you from personal experience that gr is great for map 6. He’s also the best champ for the bleed/caltrops lines bc he (a) regens and (b) doesn’t get magnetized.

Map 5, he also can clear the whole map solo. He struggles against cable miniboss and rhino takes forever with him. But he’s good against mordo. I usually don’t use him for minibosses bc his damage output is too low for them. But if you are a good player, he’s great for all of the fights besides minibosses.

Rol he easily clears.

I haven’t used him on rttl. But that’s more champ specific to deal with the nodes (spiked armor or safeguard etc). U really can’t identify someone as “god tier” bc they are the right champ to use on a specific node. For instance, I silent refer to crossbones as “god tier,” but he’s good for a lot of rttl.

Ghost rider would be a terrible choice for rol—but so would a ton of champions. Lol is about massive damage output and being able to intercept and spend lots of units. For the stuff that everyone does all the time, war, aq, questing, gr is easily in the god tier category of attackers. Same level as king groot? What a farce.

As for voodoo, once u understand how to play voodoo, she’s good for everything. Power control? Even combo l2. Bypass abilities? Odd combo specials. Facing an arc overload or regen champ? Even combo l1. Facing limber? Odd combo specials. Voodoo is amazing in all aspects of the game except for when u need massive damage bursts (except his poison stacks which are awesome).

And magik is great for almost everything as well except spiderman. And even then she’s not awful bc u can power lock him. I’m not a huge fan of using her against a stun immune champ that can evade either.

I've found better options for myself. all valid arguments here, but I'm not buying him. My progression has been fine right now without the noodle whipper
    Yeah, that video is pretty awesome. That’s how I use magik on any stun immune champ that doesn’t evade as well. She’s amazing. I forgot about Luke cages physics resistance buffs which fuels the md until watching your video. When I heard about it, I couldn’t figure out how, even with max md, u could stay in limbo enough but then it dawned on me. A buddy of mine uses his magik for spiked armor in 5.3 for the same reason—the physical resistance buffs that trigger keep him in limbo most of the fight.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    See OP, everyone has their own list of champs that they think is best. Doesn’t matter what other people say. You make your own list of god tier champs
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    X_KING_X wrote: »
    Just had a look at Seatin's V16.0 champ tier list, and she's apparently God Tier now?
    Can anyone back this claim??

Who is seatin? I am seating on a chair right now?

Why does it matter that much what a seatin says or not?

Give me a break!!!!!