**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Premium Hero Crystal "Drop Rates"

Since the recent update version 16.0.0, the drop rates for Premium Hero Crystal went down to mostly 2* hero guarantee and 3* hero as highest reward. 4* hero before are hard to acquire and now nearly IMPOSSIBLE to acquire.

Comments

• Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    I've been keeping record for the last 200+ crystals. Here are my results:

2* 90%
    3* 7.73%
    4* 2.27%
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    jk my drop rate is.........
    2 star- 85%
    3 star- 13%
    4 star- 2%
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    Jwallace25 wrote: »

2* 90%
    3* 7.73%
    4* 2.27%

I don't keep track, but this seems to be about my experience as well. There was about a three month period where I pulled zero 4*, but then pulled a few in the same week. It all balances out over time.
  • Vinh225Vinh225 Posts: 164
    I thought that there was a 0% chance of 4*. Doesn't Kabam try and trick us?
  • I've been keeping track for almost 3 years. What was the date they said the odds would "get better"?

As far as I'm aware, they've never said that about premium hero crystals.

Your long term tracking seems consistent with what I've generally believed the odds to be, based on looking at a large number of openings. I think the odds of 4* is between 1 in 100 and 1 in 120, and the odds of 3* are between one in 8 and one in 10.

• MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    edited November 2017
    I've been keeping track for almost 3 years. What was the date they said the odds would "get better"?

de73f823f89b4ec912a4301f5413553b.png

This isn't that many PHC over that time period. I average about 5 per day. and that isn't even 2 years.
  • Jwallace25 wrote: »

2* 90%
    3* 7.73%
    4* 2.27%

That sounds like 220 crystal openings: 198 2*, 17 3*, and 5 4* champs. May I ask, if you have this data recorded, on which pulls did you draw the 4* champions on, starting from the first pull you recorded. Like, for example, say you pulled the 4* champions on pull 55, 81, 163, and 201.
  • Jackie2CokesJackie2Cokes Posts: 199 ★★
    MadMarks wrote: »
    I've been keeping track for almost 3 years. What was the date they said the odds would "get better"?

de73f823f89b4ec912a4301f5413553b.png

This isn't that many PHC over that time period. I average about 5 per day. and that isn't even 2 years.

Not sure where I stated it was a high amount of crystals. Merely showing the payout
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Same for me Jackie: 2209 PHC over 1.5 years, 90.1% 2*, 8.6% 3* and 1.2% 4* (qty 27).
    I didn't keep track of pull slot or shard vs. regular, either but rarely went more than 3 weeks without a 4*.
  • SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    Out of 3236 openning (including PHC and 4*Featured crystal) the drop rate for me is 1,11% of 4*
    Oh, and China adopted a law to force the game developers to clearly state the drop rates of their "random" content.
    I hope US and Europe do the same soon.

And Belgium is in the process of including this type of games as gambling games, which are forbidden to underaged people.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Got lucky two Thunderclap crystals and got a 4☆ Hulk. And a 2 star rhino.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    2* - .01%
    3* - 50%
    4* - 100%

Lol , in my dream , I thought I should share , hope you fee better 😂

JK😂😂
  • All loot box mechanics should be classed as gambling and have age restrictions. Also yeah, the PHC drop rate is a joke. All companies should be forced to declare the odds and provide proof that items/drops are random and not due to other factors such as spending.

If you don't believe what they say, I'm curious what you believe would constitute "proof." If you believe they can manipulate the odds based on who you are, there's no way for you to test the system. And if you don't believe what they claim, there's no reason to believe anything they say about the implementation of the system.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Rap wrote: »
    Got lucky two Thunderclap crystals and got a 4☆ Hulk. And a 2 star rhino.

Whar does this have anything to do with the topic?
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    Spino wrote: »
    Oh, and China adopted a law to force the game developers to clearly state the drop rates of their "random" content.

I live in China. Right now, there's nothing like that in the game.

Could you post a link to where you got that information? I'd like to read more details.

Spino wrote: »

I live in China. Right now, there's nothing like that in the game.

Could you post a link to where you got that information? I'd like to read more details.

http://www.journaldugeek.com/2017/11/16/les-autorites-belges-vont-ouvrir-une-enquete-sur-les-loot-boxes-de-battlefront-2-et-overwatch/
    Found that on the web, sorry it's in French, but I will translate the last part which is about China.

"Quant à la Chine, depuis mai dernier, les éditeurs de jeux vidéo sont obligés d’informer les joueurs des objets que peuvent contenir ces coffres virtuels ainsi que la probabilité de tomber sur des types d’objets précis contenus dans ces loot boxes."

"As for China, since last May, it is mandatory for video game editors to inform the players of the possible content of virtual chests, as well as the probability to win any type of item in said chests."
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    That's interesting. Maybe the Chinese government just hasn't noticed this particular game yet. Honestly, they might never. Some laws get more rigorously enforced than others (like anywhere), and there are many, many international games that would have to be policed.
  • I have been playing this game since 2014 and i just have two 4* heroes both from 4* crystals. So i guess for me the drop rate of 4* is zero from other crystals.
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    The only way they'll ever reveal the drop rates is if they're required by law to do so. If you knew the actual drop rates, which I still suspect are different for different champions despite what they say, you would probably stop playing.
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    Haven't got any 4* champ from PHC in the last 4 months. Opened about 350-450 PHCs since then. :disappointed:
  • NEUROPLEXUSNEUROPLEXUS Posts: 92
    i started playing about 6 months ago. i pulled a 4* out a phc after 1 month and then just a week ago pulled 3 4* from phc in one sitting. these things are just all over the place. there is no telling when you will see your next 4*. just grind arena for shards and hope that one of those milestone shards were worht it as well. thats the best you can do
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    Ive been keeping track of my PHC drops since Aug 2015 and they are:
    2* - 88.8%
    3* - 9.9%
    4* - 1.2%

With the introduction of 6-stars, Id really like to see an increase in 4* drop rates, even a small one would make me feel great about grinding and popping PHCs
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    I've been lucky over the last month and have pulled at least 4 4* from phc crystals. I think my last before that was about 6 months earlier so I don't think the odds have decreased since 16.0 I think people just go through a long period of bad luck.

As much as I agree that the drop rates are terrible, phc shards are easy to get and there's loads that we have access to.

Some heavy grinders can possibly get 100 crystals a month (if not alot more).

I think this is part of the reason why we are not seeing an increase in the drop rate as we are sort of seeing an increase in how many shards we can actually earn.

I would rather see an increase in Grandmaster shards, such as a few for finishing master and even changes to solo/alliances events that also includes some of these shards.
This discussion has been closed.