**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Uncollected arena crystals

Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 β˜…β˜…
Is it me or does it seem like arena crystals give less units now? Out of the last 2 mil it seems pretty crappy. Can others weigh in and let me know their luck. Can a moderator chime in.
Opened 500k and got 300 units. Then this
gnyidsqsp7zv.png
πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜’

Comments

• SpinoSpino Posts: 241 β˜…
    There is absolutely ZERO incentive to open uncollected arena crystals.
    They are 5 times more expensive and give five times the amount of gold/energy/units the standard crystals give.
    That means that yes, if you get units, it's jackpot but if you don't, you're screwed.
    Better open 5 standard crystals then you get 5 chances of less units instead of one chance of more units.

Kabam never understood there should be an incentive to these crystals.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    My luck has been very streaky with these.

I opened around 50 and got nothing but gold.

Then opened 10 and got 800 units.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Spino wrote: Β»
    They are 5 times more expensive and give five times the amount of gold/energy/units the standard crystals give.
    That means that yes, if you get units, it's jackpot but if you don't, you're screwed.
    Better open 5 standard crystals then you get 5 chances of less units instead of one chance of more units.

Greater chance at 4* Punisher and chance for 5* Punisher.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I went back to regular arena crystals. The lack of units was very frustrating.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I was almost at this stage until I popped 550 units in 5 crystals. I think the overall unit count is the same, it's just frustrating to go an entire week without pulling a single unit.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    In the old crystals I could open 20 and get **** units as well. I open the new ones in small batches so the variance is not as shocking. Gotta look at it from the number of crystals opened not the number of battle chips spent.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I was almost at this stage until I popped 550 units in 5 crystals. I think the overall unit count is the same, it's just frustrating to go an entire week without pulling a single unit.

I agree that it probably a perception issue rather than actual numbers, but my gold stash sure went up after the uncollected crystals :D
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 β˜…β˜…
    edited November 2017
    It would be different if there was something for me to spend gold on but there isn’t. I have 54 million and keeps going up
  • Spino wrote: Β»

There is the same average amount of units per battlechip, gold per battlechip, and energy refills per battlechip in the uncollected arena crystals, but more valuable versions of Punisher. Therefore the value of the uncollected crystals is higher.

That is an incentive to open them. Whether that is enough of an incentive is a matter of subjective choice. I don't consider it "better" to open 5 standard over one uncollcted, because I don't judge that choice to provide better value. If you do, open the standard ones. That's why one doesn't replace the other.