**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Overpowered AI

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    It just means that I need to evolve with the evolving AI. And I'll be fine.
    Dropped inputs is the only issue which annoys me sometimes.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,184 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Blxndy said:

I am not sure whether I am one of few who have suddenly experienced the increased skill from the AI's; let me explain.

I have within the last month or so noticed the AI, recovering significantly quicker from attacks. An example being dexxing Terrax's heavy and when going to punish getting parried or intercepted; this has happened to me with Doom as well. Unfortunately I do not have footage as it seems to be random.

I have also noticed that the AI seems to be special intercepting me more often, dodging specials (usually the first hit or so), hitting some incredible light intercepts (some of which put me to shame lol). The AI could be holding block in their corner with a bar of power and as they are holding block, I will aim to hit their block and they will launch a special right in my face.

I don't know whether I missed a patch note where they started to put the AI on a Steroid Cycle, or whether I am slowly losing the ability to play the game lol. This has been mentioned by others in my alliance so I hope it's not just us.

Anyone else? Or am I just trash :open_mouth:

Light intercepts putting me to shame lol
    I thought I was the only trash player who cannot light intercept
    But there are many like me I see...

Edit: Nope you all are not the only one
    My alliance mates also suffer from this problem
    But we think that we all are just trash
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,184 ★★★★

Whenever I fight Venompool and Miles they special intercept me with their sp2s the moment they reach it so i have to bait it out. If i even attempt to attack into their block when they have a sp2 i'm getting hit 100%

Me too but I don't get intercepted by miles
    Also The AI is very intelligent nowadays
    I used to do 5 hit into sp
    but now I can't as the AI would just block it with light speed
    Also the baiting is just ridiculous work
    I remember myself getting in my corner from the opponents corner just trying to bait special
    The AI is just smarter than me now
  • BlxndyBlxndy Posts: 145 ★★

It just means that I need to evolve with the evolving AI. And I'll be fine.
    Dropped inputs is the only issue which annoys me sometimes.

I am more than happy with the game evolving and I agree the input issues is a constant annoyance. I would like to know if they have changed the AIs though as they have never mentioned it.

Shanos said:

Honestly reaching the end of my time in this game. Been six years and this is plain ridiculous. Came here to see if others were experiencing the same, so glad it’s not just me. Arena used to be a mindless grind but becoming impossible. This game is no longer fun, it’s now becoming work, sorry Kabam I already have a job…

EXACLTYY
    I was feeling sad like an hour ago thinking i suck at the game cuz i cant even win arena match ups
    I got special intercepted twice by capiw
    There can only be 2 possibilities
    1. Kabam has made the ai super ridiculous behind our backs
    2. The ai is learning....its learning fast...soon we're gonna be the defenders in a quest, they're coming to a realization i dont quite want then to

Weirdly, CapIW sp2 has always been a special I have dexxed 99% of the time....but i have been intercepted by it loads recently!

Blxndy said:

I am not sure whether I am one of few who have suddenly experienced the increased skill from the AI's; let me explain.

I have within the last month or so noticed the AI, recovering significantly quicker from attacks. An example being dexxing Terrax's heavy and when going to punish getting parried or intercepted; this has happened to me with Doom as well. Unfortunately I do not have footage as it seems to be random.

I have also noticed that the AI seems to be special intercepting me more often, dodging specials (usually the first hit or so), hitting some incredible light intercepts (some of which put me to shame lol). The AI could be holding block in their corner with a bar of power and as they are holding block, I will aim to hit their block and they will launch a special right in my face.

I don't know whether I missed a patch note where they started to put the AI on a Steroid Cycle, or whether I am slowly losing the ability to play the game lol. This has been mentioned by others in my alliance so I hope it's not just us.

Anyone else? Or am I just trash :open_mouth:

Light intercepts putting me to shame lol
    I thought I was the only trash player who cannot light intercept
    But there are many like me I see...

Edit: Nope you all are not the only one
    My alliance mates also suffer from this problem
    But we think that we all are just trash
    I can light intercept, but not as well as the AI haha. I am more a medium intercept kind of guy. I am glad to see I am not the only one, I genuinely thought I had just progressively deteriorated lol.

It would be nice to have some reply from Kabam.

I agree!

@Kabam Miike @""Kabam Zibiit"
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 257 ★★
    Phew, not just me. Im bad at this game, but the last couple of days it got bad. The parry dex issue plus some

Intercepting 50% of my heavies is the new norm for ai ang the other 50% Besing able to block a special mid combo
    Danemo666 said:

Definitely have noticed more lately that they are just refusing to throw their specials. No matter what the quest or nodes... Which results in trying my best to bait the special for then to eventually get me up against the wall and then they have an sp3 game over. Getting tired of it now. A few quests recently ive had to restart because of it, and it is making things less enjoyable. Do I really need to take taunt champs for every quest now 🤔🤷

I have experienced the same with AI not wanting to throw specials as much.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    It's very tricky to intercept nowadays without risking getting punished either by a basic combo or specials. I don't think we're wrong here, the AI is smarter now somehow. We've been playing this game enough to know something has gamed. I dunno if it's related to the bugs crisis we're experience or something different on it's own cos I've been getting some input drops. Ex. I tap MLLLM and the last M won't connect and get hit as if they've intercepted my combo. Other times, the L won't connect shortening your combo in the end. I wish I had videos but it's so random
  • bumble-beebumble-bee Posts: 137 ★★
    I came here after getting punished 3 times by Terrax in Cavalier EQ.
    The AI is crazy.. Terrax throws his combo so fast that I can't even swipe back.. always getting hit by his 2nd or 3rd light attack.
    But I know, we have to deal with it... Kabam is not listening or they are too busy in preparing for Gifting event.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    It's like an ostrich does.

Bury your head in the sand and wait for people to stop shouting about changed AI.
  • actually i mentioned this before that AI recoves way fast from special attacks or knock downs i will post a video soon
  • bumble-beebumble-bee Posts: 137 ★★

actually i mentioned this before that AI recoves way fast from special attacks or knock downs i will post a video soon

Storm X:
    https://youtu.be/7cKboezXS0c

Archangel:
    https://youtu.be/L0bVzlB_PTo
    I would just like to add a follow up. I today in war (where it seems to be particularly bad), tried to punish A mix-Mastered Korg Special 1. I got parried. I dexxed the last blast and dashed in to get parried and then 5 hit combo'd. This was not only on 1 occasion, but 2.

I either tried to dex the sp1 and my dex didnt register, and even if I did, I got parried then slapped. I cant win!
  • ProjectileProjectile Posts: 25
    Drdoct said:

Here's my gripe... The .ai should have to play by our rules. At no time can I stop their 5 hit combo and throw my special. And yet they can now. At no time can I be mid intercept and magically block to a parry. They can. Also at times it's like the .ai speeds up to 1.5x and can magically chain 2- 5 combo hit attacks back to back complete with a parry immediately. Also notice they are starting fights with heavies before I even try to parry. Also they have a little glitch every now and then going into their combo to throw off the parry timing. It's like a mini hesitation.

AQ seems to be the place I notice this the most because AQ should be learnable due to the same paths etc. But I'll notice 1 day everything is on hard mode, then magically the next it will be back to the old mode where the .ai will hit into a parry and throw their special on time. It's frustrating because the .AI should only be able to do what the player can.

This. So many times they go straight into a heavy. Notice it mostly in war and incursions sometimes aq. Not in act 7 too much.