**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No need to nerf anything from Variant 8

here’s my little rant about it.
rant over. thank you.

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

I personally feel that v8 venompool is too niche/punishing if u mess up. but I definitely felt this way once completing act 6

Yeah. Doing it with spoc was nerve racking and fun on completing
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★

I really cant tell if this is a joke or just someone completely out of touch with the community

we all can have common points or we can disagree on a point. that’s what makes us a community.

I don't usually post but I feel that this is a troll post or just someone who has gotten the rewards and wishing others are unable to

nope. didn’t even explore yet. don’t need those rewards that bad. but if i needed i’d try my best for sure. instead of calling for a nerf in 3rd day.
    Kerneas said:

Hunt a champion? How does one do so? It is a 5% chance at the very best. It can take years to obtain a specific champion (I hunt Masacre for over 3 years now, with no luck still)

i did 3 abyss paths without aegon. opened tons of dual crystals and didn’t get one. finally one day i pulled him from incursions crystal and maxed him for my last 2 paths. i’m f2p btw didn’t spend a dime for those. in time you’ll get the champ. but until that time you gotta do with what you have.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    It definitely doesn't need a nerf. Apart from the Deadpool X and Venompool boss everything is easily manageable. Literally changed my team once (needed taskmaster for that havok) but Domino trinity, venompool and Hit monkey crushes everything.

Deadpool x is definitely bugged, so it needs to be fixed, but as Wade said, it's a fix.
    Venompool, though he is really hard and need specific counter. But the community already found 4, 2 if them not (maybe just a little) RNG dependent.

And no, I'm not saying stuff random, I have 2 lanes from DPX and 6 from Venompool left.

• CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 294
    It’s not just a challenge… you need specific champ, mastery and synergies…. Nice troll, how is everything at Kabam???
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    Either take away the 1% regen or add to Deadpool OG a passive petrify debuff (say when DP does a heavy or make it as part of his upgraded SP1)

Deadpool Red should be the champ to take down the boss
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Hunt a champion? How does one do so? It is a 5% chance at the very best. It can take years to obtain a specific champion (I hunt Masacre for over 3 years now, with no luck still)

i did 3 abyss paths without aegon. opened tons of dual crystals and didn’t get one. finally one day i pulled him from incursions crystal and maxed him for my last 2 paths. i’m f2p btw didn’t spend a dime for those. in time you’ll get the champ. but until that time you gotta do with what you have.
    I do what I have to, and trust me I do not complain and wait. But if you see the odds of the pull, it isn't really unlikely to not pull the champ in next say 2 years. And that is the issue, this Variant doesn't even have as good rewards to wait 2 years for them. Abyss is other thing, I am waiting for Ægon and see a purpose in it. But waiting to have Mr.F+Apoc/Sabre+KM at high enough rank is pretty tough given the rewards. You can repeat thousand times to have the one absolutely flawless shot and that is fine, it is just the champion specificity that makes people angry. If there were say 20 counters, it'd be 1/15th of all champs. That'd be 6% of all champs. But so far there are like 5 suitable champs (Apoc, Torch, Nebula, VP, Sabre, idk who else). 5/300 is 1/60. About 1.4% of all the champs.

Skill based is fine and practising for a better result is a good thing. But waiting against thisvlow odds is a bit annoying

The thing that posts like these don’t understand is that niche is not the same as difficult.

The options for this fight currently is only Apoc or Venompool as a realistic option. Sabretooth can do certain paths, but he needs the poison from deadpooloids which are not on all paths. Torch/YJ etc are counters, but not easy to use for this fight. Domino needs a few hundred hits and even then, a ton of luck.

Apoc can do any path no matter the deadpooloid. Venompool can do any path but really needs to be R3, possibly could do it fully boosted as R2.

This fight is not hard, it is parry heavy with Apoc, get your debuffs on and easy game. This fight is niche, with two realistic counters.

This is not the way that content should be designed, make it difficult yeah. Make it hard yeah. Make it require a ton of skill, wonderful, that’s how you encourage players to progress. Don’t make it require one of several champions and if you don’t have them, well damn, you’re out of luck.

OP I appreciate the thought behind this post, but don’t conflate niche with hard. They’re not the same thing.

very much thanks for the polite answer.

imho; what made variant 1 hard and challenging was the class restrictions. and final ultron boss had only several counters like Ghulk or quake, or capiw without triggering dex. after lots of shock immune champs released it became easier. people did it with either limited options or used revives. complained? yes. cursed? yes. was it hard back in the days? yes. but they did it anyway. wheter they knew or not; that gave them more skills, strategy and patience to finish it. it’s like trying to solve a puzzle or crosswords.

that being said limited options or niche fights shouldn’t be that much of a problem. if you have 20 r3s with tons of 5*s you don’t even look at them anymore and rewards aren’t exciting you can take your time to do it itemless. but if you’re a progressing player who needs those rewards, it’s no shame to focus and finish with what you have.

again thank you for the polite answer. have a nice day.

I agree with his sentiment in general, but the rewards for V8 are not enough to

This is not the way that content should be designed, make it difficult yeah. Make it hard yeah. Make it require a ton of skill, wonderful, that’s how you encourage players to progress. Don’t make it require one of several champions and if you don’t have them, well damn, you’re out of luck.

OP I appreciate the thought behind this post, but don’t conflate niche with hard. They’re not the same thing.

Agree. And don’t forget fun. This is a game. It should be fun.
    king 👑 😁