**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Overpowered AI

Comments

• BlxndyBlxndy Posts: 145 ★★
    XSquad said:

How bout the special bias some champs have....War machine just throws that sp1 into my block. Other champs throwing random heavies. Cannot wait for AI Quake to shake and bake us.

This is very true, its a pain!
    Update on BS in war:
    I was fighting an Ebony Maw (easy fight with HT), however I came out of the fight with 20% health. How? Well I parried Ebony Maw, heavied (to get myself back to max temp) and my heavy GOT PARRIED! Not resisted...PARRIED!

I have heard this being mentioned before but never experience it. Wish there was theatre mode so I could share, sadly I did not record.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    If this is not all input issues but a mix of that and AI upgrade or changes, this will be too wierd and crazy even for Kabam that they will change the AI in the middle of game crisis. Then again it's Kabam we're talking about full of surprises.
    Reference said:

Given the apparently new A.I. counter, I tried to put my champ in autoplay and see whether my champ also become smarter under new A.I. ......... but the result is not that good unfortunately.

Imagine haha, the autofight AI being better than normal players.
  • This may have been mentioned already in this thread but when fighting any champ in any part of the game they get massively passive so you're baiting for ever their sp2
  • Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★

I've gotten parried so much in war using Ghost lmaooo.🤣

speaking of parries, I even get parried in story questing....
    the last thing we need to teach them is dexterity....lol
    no one has parry built in except colossus, other than that no one can lol
  • vicmasterrvicmasterr Posts: 30
    If it's an increased AI complexity, then it's okay. This is something I'd probably like to have.
    However, I'd rather say that I experience more noticeable issues when parrying and false moves when I don't trigger them. I mean I can recognise between when it's my fault and AI punishes me versus, and when it just doesn't work properly.
  • ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 613 ★★
    Blxndy said:

I am not sure whether I am one of few who have suddenly experienced the increased skill from the AI's; let me explain.

I have within the last month or so noticed the AI, recovering significantly quicker from attacks. An example being dexxing Terrax's heavy and when going to punish getting parried or intercepted; this has happened to me with Doom as well. Unfortunately I do not have footage as it seems to be random.

I have also noticed that the AI seems to be special intercepting me more often, dodging specials (usually the first hit or so), hitting some incredible light intercepts (some of which put me to shame lol). The AI could be holding block in their corner with a bar of power and as they are holding block, I will aim to hit their block and they will launch a special right in my face.

I don't know whether I missed a patch note where they started to put the AI on a Steroid Cycle, or whether I am slowly losing the ability to play the game lol. This has been mentioned by others in my alliance so I hope it's not just us.

Anyone else? Or am I just trash :open_mouth:

I am absolutely with you on both of your points, AI and the last one, :lol:
  • GoingBackGoingBack Posts: 100 ★★
    Blxndy said:

I am not sure whether I am one of few who have suddenly experienced the increased skill from the AI's; let me explain.

I have within the last month or so noticed the AI, recovering significantly quicker from attacks. An example being dexxing Terrax's heavy and when going to punish getting parried or intercepted; this has happened to me with Doom as well. Unfortunately I do not have footage as it seems to be random.

I have also noticed that the AI seems to be special intercepting me more often, dodging specials (usually the first hit or so), hitting some incredible light intercepts (some of which put me to shame lol). The AI could be holding block in their corner with a bar of power and as they are holding block, I will aim to hit their block and they will launch a special right in my face.

I don't know whether I missed a patch note where they started to put the AI on a Steroid Cycle, or whether I am slowly losing the ability to play the game lol. This has been mentioned by others in my alliance so I hope it's not just us.

Anyone else? Or am I just trash :open_mouth:

You are not trash, Zack Morris is.

I think it's easier and quicker to ship something from Amazon from a different country than it is for the ai to throw a special even doing all the baiting methods I could.
    I see YouTube vids and livestreams of people being able to bait the ai with no hassle.
    Me tho? I can NEVER bait the ai to throw the specials. It's not that I don't know the methods, it's just that they don't do it.
    Usually they only throw their special attacks if:
    - the instant they get to Special 3
    - Their special is nearly impossible to avoid
    - Death touch
    - They can special intercept me the instant before I hit them

The special intercept is a big one. I have tested against CapIW where he is just holding block in the corner with a sp2. Dash in to hit the block and straight up special intercept....then dead. I could show this religiously.