**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant 8 Venompool Boss Help

Comments

• Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Chrisco66 said:

A lesson to take out of this is “Never Rush into new permanent content”. Because chances are there’ll be something wrong with it due to no testing before launch. Leave the bugs for the end game you tube whales to find out. They enjoy this because it grows their channel

While I agree in principle, for endgame players what else is there?
  • WassupWassup Posts: 17
    Any updates on the venompool?
  • DernickDernick Posts: 26
    Any news?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

I used symbiote supreme , nullified his regen
    Applied 19 snacks stacks
    He still degened only 1%
    Bugged fight , please reacess.

He takes 95% reduced damage from non-mercenaries, including the degen from the node
    Don't think so . If that were the case then apocs regen reversal would not work either
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Seeing that a mod has to ask “what exactly are the issues with this fight besides needing a non-merc champ” tells me all I need know about Kabam:

They don’t truly test before new content goes live

They dont want to be bothered with doing testing.

Doing the fight themselves would show them what the problems are but I guess that’s too much to ask. No chance in hell I’m spending any money on a company this incompetent and apathetic.

As has already been pointed out many times, Miike isn't a game developer, he's the forum moderator. It's not his job to test the game or make sure it's working, it's to handle the forums and (I think) the twitter page. In situations like this, him asking what the issue is so he can tell the devs right away is exactly what he should do.
    Also, yeah, I doubt that this content was really tested with any amount of seriousness, but that's not on Miike
    If a mod needs to ask that to bring our feedback back to the devs…. That reflects poorly on them all. If the devs don’t know what the problem is and have to ask mods to ask the players for feedback , wow…. My statements still stands.
    It's almost like getting a clear picture of exactly what the issue is, and all the information is extremely helpful to solving any problem, gee gosh golly who'd have thunk
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    edited November 2021

Applied 19 snacks stacks
    He still degened only 1%

He takes 95% reduced damage from non-mercenaries, including the degen from the node
    Don't think so . If that were the case then apocs regen reversal would not work either
    Then think so. The regen reversal isn't based off of the attacker's attack rating, but the defender's health. Apoc could have 0 attack rating, he would still reverse the healing
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★

Applied 19 snacks stacks
    He still degened only 1%

The apoc counter is in conjunction with Mr. F prefight abilities. So, no
  • ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
    Camby01 said:

Chrisco66 said:

A lesson to take out of this is “Never Rush into new permanent content”. Because chances are there’ll be something wrong with it due to no testing before launch. Leave the bugs for the end game you tube whales to find out. They enjoy this because it grows their channel

While I agree in principle, for endgame players what else is there?
    For end game players who have done it all (not me) the choice is:
    1) Do it right away and get frustrated that it is broken, then bored because you have nothing to do.
    2) Wait a little for it to get fixed because we know it is broken out the door, then do it without frustration, then boredom with nothing to do.

Either option results in boredom, just one has less/no frustration.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    What is the timeline for an update on this?

I realize the fight has been done by some in the community, and I welcome any and all tips on how to replicate their success.

But…if this thing is going to be changed, at least a general timeframe for when we can expect it would be appreciated. It isn’t the most important thing, but I’m certain the shards, gems, rankup materials can all be put to good use, especially since Level Up is next event up.

If the decision is no change, I think we would all appreciate a rationale from the team for the design of this fight, especially since it has a narrow set of counters and seems to provide advantage to few if any of the featured attackers.

Dr. Zola
  • jondark86jondark86 Posts: 108 ★★
    Hello. It would be great if this is fixed today. So we can enjoy the content this weekend. Users like me who have everything 100% look forward to the new content. It is unfortunate that when that happens, it comes with so many problems. Please give us an update Master Mike 💪🏻.
    @Kabam Miike
  • NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 536 ★★★
    Thanks for all the input for my question guys! lolol
  • CmaroCmaro Posts: 229 ★★
    jondark86 said:

Hello. It would be great if this is fixed today. So we can enjoy the content this weekend. Users like me who have everything 100% look forward to the new content. It is unfortunate that when that happens, it comes with so many problems. Please give us an update Master Mike 💪🏻.
    @Kabam Miike

Already variant 8.1 8.2 and 8.3.1 to 100%?
  • jondark86jondark86 Posts: 108 ★★
    Cmaro said:

jondark86 said:

@Kabam Miike

😔😬 Only VP is missing

only Venom Pool is missing 😔
    Forgetting all the talk elsewhere about “how many counters can fit on the head of a pin” for a moment…

…from what I can tell, it appears the following solutions currently exist for VP (clarification where I’ve made errors/omissions would help):

1) Apoc (w/ MrF prefight + Despair 3/3)
    2) Venompool (w/ Wags prefight)
    3) Domino w/synergies (and Wags prefight?)
    4) Torch (looks like MrF prefight/ synergies + Wags prefight )

I’m sure this is an incomplete list and needs correction. Thoughts?

Dr. Zola
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Forgetting all the talk elsewhere about “how many counters can fit on the head of a pin” for a moment…

…from what I can tell, it appears the following solutions currently exist for VP (clarification where I’ve made errors/omissions would help):

Dr. Zola

Sabertooth with KM synergy.
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 358 ★★★

I’m satisfied I completed it. I used Apoc and 3x Mr F, then VP cleared the lane.
    I had max despair, 3 pts in Deep Wounds, petrify and pacify and 1 in resonate. The points helps keep the regen down if you lose the petrify like I did
    Get Apoc to the sp2 disorient ASAP, this can stop the power gain buff off the sp2 if interrupted.

The main Thing I would have changed:
    Use the petrify from the highest rarity MrF, then the suppression from your lowest rarity. This allows the max petrify in each revive. The third debuff is not as important.

All up, he needs to be nerfed still, take the 1% health regen away and drop the number of debuffs required to 5 in 30 seconds, then he would possibly be about right and may become fun
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Yellow Jacket is an option with Revolution Needs Arms synergy
  • WassupWassup Posts: 17

I’m satisfied I completed it. I used Apoc and 3x Mr F, then VP cleared the lane.
    I had max despair, 3 pts in Deep Wounds, petrify and pacify and 1 in resonate. The points helps keep the regen down if you lose the petrify like I did
    Get Apoc to the sp2 disorient ASAP, this can stop the power gain buff off the sp2 if interrupted.

The main Thing I would have changed:
    Use the petrify from the highest rarity MrF, then the suppression from your lowest rarity. This allows the max petrify in each revive. The third debuff is not as important.

All up, he needs to be nerfed still, take the 1% health regen away and drop the number of debuffs required to 5 in 30 seconds, then he would possibly be about right and may become fun

Mate they just need to test the game more adding content just like that and saying only use “mercs” aint enough

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

These are the counters I’ve seen. Just add you need torch prefight as well.

Edit: forgot Werewyrm did it with YellowJacket but I haven’t seen it or know synergy requirements.
    So updated list would be:

4) Torch (prefight + MrF prefight/ synergies + Wags prefight )
    5) Sabretooth + KM
    6) YJ w/ Revolution Needs Arms synergy (KM, for example)

Any others?

Dr. Zola
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike I just fought DPX 3 mins ago and he sp3’d me. You can check my game records.

I checked nodes and there was no Warning node. How can you explain that? Please do it, because looks line a bad joke for me
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    AATT said:

@Kabam Miike I just fought DPX 3 mins ago and he sp3’d me. You can check my game records.

I checked nodes and there was no Warning node. How can you explain that? Please do it, because looks line a bad joke for me

It’s a bug that being fixed today. With that also said. @Kabam Miike are we getting comp for this?
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★

Hey everybody, here's an update regarding two of the Boss Fights that Summoners have given us a lot of feedback on: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/287449/bug-fixes-and-changes-for-back-issues-8-variant-difficulty

Thank you for listening to us, doing your part so diligently and turning this around so quickly @Kabam Miike.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    well that was a very good, quick, and efficient response. 2 questions:

1. how do we know when the update will be live? will there be some sort of in-game notification?
    2. what (if any) will the compensation be? i imagine you got a bunch of data that spans from people doing the whole thing itemless to people spending dozens upon dozens of revives
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Hey everybody, here's an update regarding two of the Boss Fights that Summoners have given us a lot of feedback on: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/287449/bug-fixes-and-changes-for-back-issues-8-variant-difficulty

If possible, would it be possible to get insight on how the venompool fight got green lit?
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★

If possible, would it be possible to get insight on how the venompool fight got green lit?

It wouldn’t be ethical towards his employer.
    Also, the fire is running on enough gasoline; no point in pouring more in my honest opinion.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★

I approve these changes and fix. Well done.