**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

About Gifting Event

kubricknolankubricknolan Posts: 98
edited November 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hello all, i have a question. Is it against the TOS to start a new account and then gift your main account with the units earned when gifting event starts? Because i hear that getting units in revamped story acts are easier and faster.

Thank you for your response
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    Malreck04 said:

No it's allowed

What are you talking about? It's completely allowed
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    With the modifications made to the summer calendar I would advise waiting and seeing before one gets ones hopes ups.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    GarryDK said:

Malreck04 said:

No, it's allowed

Fixed that for you.
    Thx
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I’d advise joining an alli with your alts as early as possible, grind later
  • King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★
    Just a simple search could have answered your query .
    We are seeing multiple threads like this nowadays 😐
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    They have confirmed multiple times that is perfectly fine to do that, as long as the units are earned in a legit way
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I think you need to be a certain level to participate in gifting. Don't recall what it is though.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    It's ok now, there no rules against it whatsoever. But I really can't see it being allowed to continue due to the way it will affect the gifting event
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    edited November 2021
    Kabam can set an internal gift flag, where if one account receives gifted items that total more than X (only kabam should know this value) from multiple sources, they are on a watchlist.

If received gifted items cost total more than X and Y, without contacting Kabam before gifting event ends on "weird" source of gifts, and 30-40%+ from mostly accounts that are brand new or botters, they lose all their gifts and gifting awards. Maybe even ban them.

This way, people with an alt or two can still gift themselves, while botters get flagged.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

Malreck04 said:

No it's allowed

What are you talking about? It's completely allowed
    Not good at comprehension, are you?
    Not good at punctuation, are you?
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Don't see any punctuation issues in there
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Hello all, i have a question. Is it against the TOS to start a new account and then gift your main account with the units earned when gifting event starts? Because i hear that getting units in revamped story acts are easier and faster.

Thank you for your response

Few years ago when iOS game centre still provide a lot of info, some ppl in Reddit deduced that the number of active players were not that high. One of the deductions at that moment is that there were huge numbers of alternative accounts.

Game company, in general, like that scenario as they have KPI on number of “new” players. This kind of alt account helps. Also, these alt accounts used to be relatively active vs those dormant account (E.g. there are players creating over 10 accounts and each house different champs for dual target, like “Qwerty” this month). Most players in top alliance got alt accounts, one of the purpose is to gift themselves and meet alliance assigned quota on spending target.

In short, this is not prohibited.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I mean, even if someone has like 10 accounts, is is really not allowed? They are trading their time for units similar to how we do arena, it's just more efficient. If there's a bunch of botted accounts, that's too much, but if someone wants to put in the time to do act 1through 4 10 times, more power to them
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Xva23 said:

I mean, even if someone has like 10 accounts, is is really not allowed? They are trading their time for units similar to how we do arena, it's just more efficient. If there's a bunch of botted accounts, that's too much, but if someone wants to put in the time to do act 1through 4 10 times, more power to them

If Kabam says it's ok, more power to it.

My suggestions are aimed at people trying to provide 3rd party units, bot, and rip people off.

Why wouldn't players want a more efficient unit grind method?

If Kabam is okay with that, just let everyone's main account be able to replay Acts1-4 and EQ rewards using only 2 stars or something, and receive free units on multiple accounts to gift to their main, because that's basically what creating new accounts are doing.

One issue is how much units per hour is too much? If using more and more multiple accounts and letting them accumulate units is clearly more efficient and Kabam is okay with that, if it gives better return than spending, why spend? Just buy 3rd party units- say it was your alt.

Another is if you can automate most of the unit grinding, and have been doing so the past year in preparation, who's to stop you from selling cheap units?
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    It will be so funny if they dont do the gifting event this year 🤣