**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Regarding Brian Grant’s Most Recent Video

HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
I have to admit that he makes Great Points. Being able to Farm that many Units to gift yourself is absurd. It’s a tricky situation for Kabam too because they can’t tell which accounts are Alts and which aren’t.

I think a simple solution would be to have a creation restriction. Essentially you can only gift if your account has been live for a certain amount of time.

I’m sure I’ve overlooked something’s but this is off the top of my head.

What are your thoughts and solutions?

Video for Reference: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VRDz_U5dyTc

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

I just don't see enough people farming on 3 phones for 8+ hours a day to be a real issue.

I get the whole 3 Devices thing but it’s still undeniable that it’s an insane amount of units.
  • Only allow gifting between players of the same alliance and only allow gifting for players who have been in the alliance for a month. That should discourage most people from trying to exploit this.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Hoitado said:

I think a simple solution would be to have a creation restriction. Essentially you can only gift if your account has been live for a certain amount of time.

That's a reasonable idea, and I think it is something Kabam should implement, but it wouldn't really solve the issue in the long run. I'm not sure there is a long term clean solution to this problem. The problem is that this kind of exploit sits on a continuum from relatively acceptable behavior to extreme nonsense, and there's no sharp dividing line between the two.
    There IS a solution, but it would involve limitations that would change the nature of the Event itself.
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Hoitado said:

I have to admit that he makes Great Points. Being able to Farm that many Units to gift yourself is absurd. It’s a tricky situation for Kabam too because they can’t tell which accounts are Alts and which aren’t.

I’m sure I’ve overlooked something’s but this is off the top of my head.

What are your thoughts and solutions?

Video for Reference: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VRDz_U5dyTc

I agree with BG that this is something that should be watched. On the extreme case: If someone can bot for 10-20 days (out of 45 day gifting length) on 6+ accounts and gains 500k+ units, that is an exploit.

One or two alt accounts? Might be, and historically fine. Problem is Kabam is vague on this, so for now, it appears it's the right step as an individual to farm with an alt account.

How it affects the spending player base, general player base, idk, that's something Kabam should have an idea on by now.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Hoitado said:

That's a reasonable idea, and I think it is something Kabam should implement, but it wouldn't really solve the issue in the long run. I'm not sure there is a long term clean solution to this problem. The problem is that this kind of exploit sits on a continuum from relatively acceptable behavior to extreme nonsense, and there's no sharp dividing line between the two.
    There IS a solution, but it would involve limitations that would change the nature of the Event itself.
    You can also shut the game down completely which would eliminate the problem, but when I say there's no long term clean solution I mean I can't think of a solution that preserves the behavior most people want to keep while eliminating the largest abuses that people want to remove. And by "people" I'm including the developers that have objectives for the event themselves.
    Of course. I agree with that. It's a constant whack-a-mole process. In terms of Gifting, it's possible to minimize the chance, as we have seen with other limited Gifting Events.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Texas_11 said:

I honestly believe that people should play the game how they want to. As long as it doesn't mess around with any competitive modes and they are doing it without bots. If they want to farm 3 accounts on 3 phones , and that's how they enjoy the game I don't see anything wrong with that.

As far as Kabam goes they are engaging with the game 3 different times and time is always the biggest currency in the real world. They are more likely to recommend a friend as well.

If cheating is the concern I understand. If deciding how people spend time is his concern who cares.

You can see a player skip 100% exploration of a Act 6 and Act 7 and still end up TB. Just because we had to work a little harder and put more time in doesn't necessarily mean they they have to as well.

But this does affect all sorts of things. Let me just easily farm enough units to gift myself units to unlock all masteries, enough units to easily explore abyss, and get over a 100k 6 star shards and loads of 6 star nexus crystals along with loads of t5cc and possibly this year small amounts of t6b and t3a
    If that's how you want to spend your time doing that you should be able to. Can you spend $500 bucks and complete abyss and unlock masteries ? Can you scoop up every cav and pay your way to grind for every 6* champ in arena ?
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 294
    edited November 2021
    DNA3000 said:

Hoitado said:

Why is it reasonable to restrict other players? There’s already a level limit in place for gifting! It’s not like he’s cheating and anyone else can do it also, so it’s not like he’s taking advantage of some exploit that no one else can. It’s a joke that the player base in this game are such haters that they worry about the games profits and how to protect Kabam. Should arena grinding and farming potions be off limits too. Should anything you don’t want to do or have time to do be banned so you can keep up? What a joke of a thread

Maybe Kabam should make it so whale’s can’t spend 100k on gifting too… 😂
  • YigzzYigzz Posts: 38
    I would only make a new account in order to grind units for gifting event. Not 200k worth of units, but definitely enough to support the habit
This discussion has been closed.