**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Venompool prefight not working?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
After reloading game from a crash, I came to find that the prefight had already been spent but the klyntar buff I selected didn’t come until one of the very last buffs. This happened yesterday as well.

Since its a prefight and not a crossfight, the effects shouldn’t go away if you die or your game crashes like how Mr F or torch would.

If this is intended, then that implies that Venom is better than VP for spider verse evade champs since he has it built into his kit already

Comments

• Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    There was a bug going around with prefights not applying/disappearing a while ago, maybe it’s back now
  • Options
    edited November 2021

This is really lame, I can’t do this path in 7.3.6 against SG cause he always procs the klyntar late as shownnin the screenshot even though the prefight I selected was Klyntar.

Can this be looked into? I don’t want to have to rank Venom just cause a prefight bug renders VP useless against spider evade champs
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    It increases chance and potency. It is pretty common to come as 3rd/4th buff. My guess is a really bad luck
  • Options

Yeah so people aren't really understanding the situation. It's not due to bad luck, go and test it yourself and explain why this overwhelmingly occurs when there's a game crash. What's happening here is that when you go into a fight directly after applying a pre fight, if the game crashes (without fight recovery system) then some pre fight's don't apply when you go back in.

You can test it pretty easily, go into a quest and place a pre fight, then shut down the game, (if the fight recovery system saves you then quit out again). Some pre fights won't be there when you're back.

So I know it happens with the horseman ability - if I place Apoc's horseman ability on a fight, then go in with Gambit he is a horseman in the fight. But I shut down the game and log back in, go back to my quest and hey! Gambit is no longer a horseman, but Apoc is now on 0 charges, The horseman ability has been used up, but not applied because the game "crashed". Now I know I shut the game down, but in a real crash situation this is what happens.

Same happens with Mr Fantastic pre fights, same thing happens with Venompool. The pre fight is "lost" when the game crashes. It's definitely unfortunate, and hopefully could be fixed at some point. Oddly, the white mags pre fight is one of the ones that sticks around even if you do crash. I'm not sure what makes a pre fight stay or not, but there is a clear pattern of what OP describes. Not bad luck...

Thank you 🙏. Couldn’t have said it any better.

It really doesn’t make any sense, why the prefight sticks for one champion (white mags) but not for others like mr fantastic, venompool, or human torch.

I wonder why this doesn’t get brought up as much as it should, cause this seems to be a huge down side to having these champs. Especially given how frequently the game crashes for me . I end up entirely losing the perks of the prefight. Hopefully this can get looked into .
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    It really shouldn’t be a surprise a prefight that sticks around until the defender is dead sticks around Until the defender is dead and prefights that apply for a single fight don’t stick around when a fight ends for whatever reason.
  • Options

It really shouldn’t be a surprise a prefight that sticks around until the defender is dead sticks around Until the defender is dead and prefights that apply for a single fight don’t stick around when a fight ends for whatever reason.

The prefight sticks for all of those champs I listed since after the crash mentioned above, it shows a “0” meaning it was applied. It’s just the effect of it expires whereas it should stay the way it does for white mags. There isn’t really anything distinguishing when pre fights wear off if your game crashes or you die etc.
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    Encountered an issue today with the prefight not even being able to be selected. Games acting like he doesn't even have a prefight ability.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I posted about this in the bug forum.