**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus or venom

Hi I need guidance I have been saving to r4 my duped 5* venom for ages then got a corvus who heard lots of good stuff. I have him r3 and duped too. The question is shall I stick to venom plan or do corvus now? Just become uncollected ( didn't use either ironically) and not running suicides.

My thoughts are venom has better health and can take more hits - I'm not brilliant and parry and dodging where corvus takes a lot of damage - I know he can got good when ramped but as I'm more of a hit them hard guy than skillfull one venom may serve me better?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Titan41Titan41 Posts: 83

Hi I need guidance I have been saving to r4 my duped 5* venom for ages then got a corvus who heard lots of good stuff. I have him r3 and duped too. The question is shall I stick to venom plan or do corvus now? Just become uncollected ( didn't use either ironically) and not running suicides.

My thoughts are venom has better health and can take more hits - I'm not brilliant and parry and dodging where corvus takes a lot of damage - I know he can got good when ramped but as I'm more of a hit them hard guy than skillfull one venom may serve me better?

Thanks in advance

It Totally depends on your progression level if you are on act 6 opponents are chunky due to which you need suicides for corvus to work on max potential where as venom without suicides is also a beast
  • LBN1LBN1 Posts: 186 ★★
    Both great choices. I use Venom a lot more though, tanky, solid attack, bleeder and some utility, better for long fights as he keeps adding buffs. Corvus has bigger damage especially once you complete missions, but once his glaive charges expire he loses a ton so he's better for shorter fights.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 ★★★★★
    Venom is awesome, and I'd go with him. Especially since there are several Variants where he's really valuable. And he's a fabulous counter for Spiderverse champions, Havok and Warlock.

Corvus benefits a lot from Suicides, especially Double Edge since he'll take no damage and heal from Willpower. And he can often finish opponents with his SP2, and avoid the Recoil. Awakened, he gets a form of immortality and you can use that in a variety of imaginative ways.
  • SunMoonSunMoon Posts: 15
    CV can do AQ & AW and many other quests than Venom.
  • Mentalboy1Mentalboy1 Posts: 171
    Thank you all, decided to go with venom.for.now as doing longer fights he will help. Will put corvus in my aw team.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I prefer Venom as well. I have him as a rank 2 6* and Corvus as a maxed-out 5*. Corvus is amazing - especially with suicides on - but he always runs the risk of running out of charges...and then you're kinda screwed. Venom doesn't have the same problem, even if he too can ebb and flow a bit depending on which buffs you get and if you transform them all into fury with your SP2. But all in all, I find him more consistent and, more important than that, a great counter for all manner of annoying spider-people.

But both are superb champions so you should definitely rank up both when resources permit.
  • MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    @Mentalboy1 Honestly you can't go wrong because eventually you should max them both out.