**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Regarding Brian Grant’s Most Recent Video

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Daddrieda said:

I found his mail name was more funny “fartyfarts@farts.com” , but that also means that kabam ID system are flawed if a user is able to just write in random name and kabam don’t have any way to confirm this mail name exist.

It was just trolling. You can't create non existent emails
    DNA3000 said:

Whenever I tell anyone I played this game for 6 years they just look sad for me.

I'm definitely not going to be sharing how I grinded on 3 separate devices

The longest I played an MMO continuously was just over eight years. I had over 48 alts when the game shut down, and my main had about 10,000 hours of play time logged into it. MCOC is still a kinda light hobby for me.
    WoW?
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    I can't be axxxd to be honest, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and let the rest of the 'community' lose their marbles over it.
  • King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★

Some time this community sucks because of threads like this 😑😑

Same with posts like this…

The sort of post like yours is right in line with those ones that say “shhhh don’t make posts about this revive drop spot in act 3.X”. As if you’re being sneaky and stopping kabam from finding out.

They know. They know what’s going on in their game that they collect nonstop data on. If thousands of new accounts are being made and the units not being spent, they’ll know. If all those accounts send gifts to the same players, they’ll know. You aren’t getting one over them by keeping these situations “quiet”.
    I am talking about the hype people are creating . making more noticeable and kabam might ignore creation of multiple accounts and threads like this might make them pro active .
    And apologize I was bit rude

Some time this community sucks because of threads like this 😑😑

Same with posts like this…

The sort of post like yours is right in line with those ones that say “shhhh don’t make posts about this revive drop spot in act 3.X”. As if you’re being sneaky and stopping kabam from finding out.

They know. They know what’s going on in their game that they collect nonstop data on. If thousands of new accounts are being made and the units not being spent, they’ll know. If all those accounts send gifts to the same players, they’ll know. You aren’t getting one over them by keeping these situations “quiet”.
    I am talking about the hype people are creating . making more noticeable and kabam might ignore creation of multiple accounts and threads like this might make them pro active .
    And apologize I was bit rude
    As lax as kabam might seem, they will find out, thread or not
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I haven't read the whole thread but afaik doesnt the gifting badge have requirements on account age? I dont think accounts older than several months can get it - that's what I recall form last year. I dont think ppl can make new accounts now and earn it within a month unless the period for it is shorter or now changed to summoner level.
  • King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★
    Dkcody42 said:

They’ll go silent, act as if this doesn’t need to be addressed, let everyone who plans on doing this do it and grind their life away in hopes of reaping the benefits then and only then sometime around mid December after everyone already grounded thousands upon thousands of units, played for countless hours then they decide to make some casual announcement which will negate everyone’s hopes of becoming ggc rich. Some rule will ne casually implemented or something all while they act all innocent to the situation, as if they had plans to do that all along.

This 👌👌👌
  • I'll just be using the alts i made last year and just gain the units from act3 plus buying the 5x peter parkers wallet as well. Which will net me around 35 ggcs.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★
    I love BG’s video and channel, but realistically this is not going to happen for the average player. I believe you need a new email address for each new account. The majority of people are not going to be bothered to create 3 new email accounts everyday in order to be able to get this level of advantage. I can see a few people trying this, maybe create a few extra accounts, one maybe 2 per week but 3 per day I just can’t see people doing this in droves.

Also I think people will wait and see if there is an increase on the gifting level requirement. I believe it’s currently complete Act 2 and level 15. And could see Kabam increasing that to act 4 and level 30/35
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

I love BG’s video and channel, but realistically this is not going to happen for the average player. I believe you need a new email address for each new account. The majority of people are not going to be bothered to create 3 new email accounts everyday in order to be able to get this level of advantage. I can see a few people trying this, maybe create a few extra accounts, one maybe 2 per week but 3 per day I just can’t see people doing this in droves.

Also I think people will wait and see if there is an increase on the gifting level requirement. I believe it’s currently complete Act 2 and level 15. And could see Kabam increasing that to act 4 and level 30/35

You don't need to create a new email address, just put anything in and create account. It could be anything.

Even 2 per week will be nearly 13 accounts, or about 26k units.

Wozzle007 said:

You don't need to create a new email address, just put anything in and create account. It could be anything.

For real? Don't we have to provide a legit email?

Wozzle007 said:

Nope, you can go try it now if you want
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

Oh, didn’t realise you didn’t need valid email address. FairPlay in the 26k of units. But I think Kabam will up the level required to make you at least earn right to be able to gift your units and not keep it at level 15. But they may just keep it as it is and see what the impact is of this first. Who knows.
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★

So what, if a player spends days and days of grinding legitimately, to achieve half of the same a p2w player can in a second?

This is the case for nearly everything on any game with a money-currency system. Just look at it backwards, and you'll see what the real problem is

Well said sir!
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★

Compulsive to see how Kabam handles this plight. In all possibility, the prerequisite may be like Act 3 or even 4 lol and maybe a few extra levels compared to last year :D

• TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

Nope, you can go try it now if you want

Hiuh...

This is one thing now kabam will fix. No fake email IDs can be used. People debugging stuff for them. Why will they do the testing when the entire community is a bunch of debuggers!
  • CistCist Posts: 14
    Texas_11 said:

I honestly believe that people should play the game how they want to. As long as it doesn't mess around with any competitive modes and they are doing it without bots. If they want to farm 3 accounts on 3 phones , and that's how they enjoy the game I don't see anything wrong with that.

As far as Kabam goes they are engaging with the game 3 different times and time is always the biggest currency in the real world. They are more likely to recommend a friend as well.

If cheating is the concern I understand. If deciding how people spend time is his concern who cares.

You can see a player skip 100% exploration of a Act 6 and Act 7 and still end up TB. Just because we had to work a little harder and put more time in doesn't necessarily mean they they have to as well.

I can understand why you say that, but the Gifting Event is one of, if not the most competitive events this game sees, thousands of people spend a lot of money to get some of the rarest rewards in the game. There really isn't a way to appease everyone and that is a problem in itself. I see why Kabam did this from an economic standpoint its great, get new players use to the frequency of Units and when they don't come as frequently it would encourage them to buy some.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Cist said:

Texas_11 said:

I honestly believe that people should play the game how they want to. As long as it doesn't mess around with any competitive modes and they are doing it without bots. If they want to farm 3 accounts on 3 phones , and that's how they enjoy the game I don't see anything wrong with that.

As far as Kabam goes they are engaging with the game 3 different times and time is always the biggest currency in the real world. They are more likely to recommend a friend as well.

If cheating is the concern I understand. If deciding how people spend time is his concern who cares.

You can see a player skip 100% exploration of a Act 6 and Act 7 and still end up TB. Just because we had to work a little harder and put more time in doesn't necessarily mean they they have to as well.

I can understand why you say that, but the Gifting Event is one of, if not the most competitive events this game sees, thousands of people spend a lot of money to get some of the rarest rewards in the game. There really isn't a way to appease everyone and that is a problem in itself. I see why Kabam did this from an economic standpoint its great, get new players use to the frequency of Units and when they don't come as frequently it would encourage them to buy some.

But the point that is being discussed here isn't about competitiveness in the ranked rewards. People are simply saying that they don't others to make alts and be able to send multiple GGCs to their main. This does not affect other players in any way.

The points for rankings come from gifting, not receiving, something that people seem to be forgetting. You'll need to gift that many to get to the rankings. People are simply jealous that there's a simpler way to gift themselves GGCs through alts and not trade with other players.

Cist said:

Texas_11 said:

But the point that is being discussed here isn't about competitiveness in the ranked rewards. People are simply saying that they don't others to make alts and be able to send multiple GGCs to their main. This does not affect other players in any way.

The points for rankings come from gifting, not receiving, something that people seem to be forgetting. You'll need to gift that many to get to the rankings. People are simply jealous that there's a simpler way to gift themselves GGCs through alts and not trade with other players.
    These sweeping generalisations of “everyone’s just jealous” or “everyone’s just upset” don’t help anything. If people actually want to have a discussion then you need to listen without painting everyone as jealous or upset.

I am not jealous or upset at all, I am well within my comfort zone to grind an hour a day and get 15k units pretty easily. It’s not a matter of me being unable to do it, I’m just waiting for Kabam to comment on it. If they think it’s fine, I’ll go ahead and do it. It’s their game.

So can we drop the talk that anyone who is against it just can’t do it, or is annoyed that others can. I just don’t think it’s good for the game.
This discussion has been closed.