**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Regarding Brian Grant’s Most Recent Video

Comments

• AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    If gifting is nerfed, I’m done with the game.

That will be the goal post moving that broke the camels back for me.

That said, these changes make it too easy to get units. Kabam needs to spread the units out by adding more to later acts. Then, greatly reduce the lower tier unit packages to offset the lower units a true new player would have.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Kam just did a pretty good breakdown of this.

Anyone have the link?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    https://mobile.twitter.com/kammcoc/status/1460626431868874754

For those who read at work.

I'm sure @DNA3000 would appreciate the write you.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Kabam hasnt even announced the gifting event after last years fiasco with no real solution, would be hilarious to see all this people farming and find out the gifting event DOESN'T happen this year, or its setup behind a paywall like "summoner's appreciation"
  • TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 225 ★★
    edited November 2021
    Pardon me if this has already been said, I did as much reading as I could. But why can't the solution be to simply change how gifting works? Why not allow players to buy the gifting crystals and choose to keep them or gift them? Personally, I'm in an alliance where there is not Line communication and I don't really know any of them, it's just chill and laidback to gain AQ resources/etc. But I don't necessarily feel comfortable gifting any of them crystals and actually have faith in receiving some back.

I think gifting throughout the community is nice in theory, but it has not and will not ever be used as a true community-builder. It is purely always about the rewards. So why not actually just change how the event works entirely? Maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but just my thoughts.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★

Daddrieda said:

I found his mail name was more funny “fartyfarts@farts.com” , but that also means that kabam ID system are flawed if a user is able to just write in random name and kabam don’t have any way to confirm this mail name exist.

It was just trolling. You can't create non existent emails
    Oh... I got trolled hard then.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

I found his mail name was more funny “fartyfarts@farts.com” , but that also means that kabam ID system are flawed if a user is able to just write in random name and kabam don’t have any way to confirm this mail name exist.

It was just trolling. You can't create non existent emails
    Oh... I got trolled hard then.
    Nope. You were right. You can create pretty much anything for email. @Daddrieda
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Llessur said:

Hoitado said:

I have to admit that he makes Great Points. Being able to Farm that many Units to gift yourself is absurd. It’s a tricky situation for Kabam too because they can’t tell which accounts are Alts and which aren’t.

I think a simple solution would be to have a creation restriction. Essentially you can only gift if your account has been live for a certain amount of time.

I’m sure I’ve overlooked something’s but this is off the top of my head.

What are your thoughts and solutions?

Video for Reference: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VRDz_U5dyTc

Unrelated how do I make a second account on my device

Lmfao

-You sign out of your main
    -Go to Log In
    -Press Create Account
    -Use a new email
    -Create it and Enjoy
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Zan0 said:

Typhoon said:

Zan0 said:

It’s honestly baffling that people can’t see the issue. Anyone who has ever grinded arena for units knows that this is extremely ridiculous amounts of them. And they all say time = money but I’d say it’s more effort = money and this takes little to no effort. And this absolutely affects the revenue stream for kabam because why would any sane player spend on gifting when you can just create 10 accounts and get units worth a 1000$

So do that then and stop complaining. Unless you're the CFO for Kabam, why are you so bothered?
    Anyone who thinks this should be allowed is not thinking about the health of the game at all. I care about this game and want it to continue that’s why I’m “complaining”
    Leave the "health of the game" decisions to Kabam. You're wasting your energy on something you cannot control.
    You want people to not discuss a part of the game, on a forum that is entirely devoted to discussing the game. It’s almost as though you just don’t want people offering opinions that don’t agree with you.

I didn’t see you saying that the poster who wrote that open letter should leave the health of the game decisions to Kabam. Were they wasting their time?
    Yet here you are, arguing right back at everyone who doesn't agree with you about how "bad" this "potentially" is for the game. Get over yourself :D

People are entitled to their own Opinions.

Although I don’t believe Kabam will do anything about it, it doesn’t hurt to voice my opinion
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    Hoitado said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Zan0 said:

Typhoon said:

Zan0 said:

It’s honestly baffling that people can’t see the issue. Anyone who has ever grinded arena for units knows that this is extremely ridiculous amounts of them. And they all say time = money but I’d say it’s more effort = money and this takes little to no effort. And this absolutely affects the revenue stream for kabam because why would any sane player spend on gifting when you can just create 10 accounts and get units worth a 1000$

So do that then and stop complaining. Unless you're the CFO for Kabam, why are you so bothered?
    Anyone who thinks this should be allowed is not thinking about the health of the game at all. I care about this game and want it to continue that’s why I’m “complaining”
    Leave the "health of the game" decisions to Kabam. You're wasting your energy on something you cannot control.
    You want people to not discuss a part of the game, on a forum that is entirely devoted to discussing the game. It’s almost as though you just don’t want people offering opinions that don’t agree with you.

I didn’t see you saying that the poster who wrote that open letter should leave the health of the game decisions to Kabam. Were they wasting their time?
    Yet here you are, arguing right back at everyone who doesn't agree with you about how "bad" this "potentially" is for the game. Get over yourself :D

People are entitled to their own Opinions.

Although I don’t believe Kabam will do anything about it, it doesn’t hurt to voice my opinion
    I agree that you are entitled to voice your own opinion.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Zan0 said:

Typhoon said:

Zan0 said:

…yeah, I’m discussing it. Without telling people to stop discussing it - I.e. the point of a forum.

I’m open to being wrong, if Kabam come and say “hey guys, we’ve thought about this and it’s absolutely fine and can go ahead.” Then I trust their judgement on what’s best for the game.

Or would you rather me just tell you to stop talking about this subject, and to get over yourself?
  • Making Gifting to higher Lvl would be bad cuz there will be low level legit player who want to gift .As of the video,no one can do 45×3×6.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Zan0 said:

Typhoon said:

Zan0 said:

…yeah, I’m discussing it. Without telling people to stop discussing it - I.e. the point of a forum.

I’m open to being wrong, if Kabam come and say “hey guys, we’ve thought about this and it’s absolutely fine and can go ahead.” Then I trust their judgement on what’s best for the game.

Or would you rather me just tell you to stop talking about this subject, and to get over yourself?
    When did I tell anyone to stop discussing it? You're always so quick to come argue with me whenever I post. I wrote my opinion - you're wasting energy on something you cannot control. That's an opinion. Stop putting words in people's mouths.
This discussion has been closed.