**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Regarding Brian Grant’s Most Recent Video

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Hey everybody,

Thank you all for the impassioned discussions here. When we made these changes to the early game, we knew that there could be some potential for this kind of behaviour. We were already looking into ways to make sure that this can't be exploited, but don't have the details right now.

But, as @TheCaptain412 said above, not all Alt accounts are bad, and we want to make sure we take that into account as well. There's a lot of nuances, and it needs to be worked out more before we can be confident in a plan.

(No, we're not going to announce that plan early :tongue: I am not going to give the blueprints for the minimum that has to be done to be able to exploit mass creating new alt accounts)

Great, thanks for the response Miike. Glad to hear there's a plan.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

Hey everybody,

Thank you all for the impassioned discussions here. When we made these changes to the early game, we knew that there could be some potential for this kind of behaviour. We were already looking into ways to make sure that this can't be exploited, but don't have the details right now.

But, as @TheCaptain412 said above, not all Alt accounts are bad, and we want to make sure we take that into account as well. There's a lot of nuances, and it needs to be worked out more before we can be confident in a plan.

(No, we're not going to announce that plan early :tongue: I am not going to give the blueprints for the minimum that has to be done to be able to exploit mass creating new alt accounts)

Thank You Miike for the Response
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Typhoon said:

Zan0 said:

Typhoon said:

Zan0 said:

It’s honestly baffling that people can’t see the issue. Anyone who has ever grinded arena for units knows that this is extremely ridiculous amounts of them. And they all say time = money but I’d say it’s more effort = money and this takes little to no effort. And this absolutely affects the revenue stream for kabam because why would any sane player spend on gifting when you can just create 10 accounts and get units worth a 1000$

So do that then and stop complaining. Unless you're the CFO for Kabam, why are you so bothered?
    Anyone who thinks this should be allowed is not thinking about the health of the game at all. I care about this game and want it to continue that’s why I’m “complaining”
    Leave the "health of the game" decisions to Kabam. You're wasting your energy on something you cannot control.
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Zan0 said:

Typhoon said:

Zan0 said:

It’s honestly baffling that people can’t see the issue. Anyone who has ever grinded arena for units knows that this is extremely ridiculous amounts of them. And they all say time = money but I’d say it’s more effort = money and this takes little to no effort. And this absolutely affects the revenue stream for kabam because why would any sane player spend on gifting when you can just create 10 accounts and get units worth a 1000$

So do that then and stop complaining. Unless you're the CFO for Kabam, why are you so bothered?
    Anyone who thinks this should be allowed is not thinking about the health of the game at all. I care about this game and want it to continue that’s why I’m “complaining”
    Leave the "health of the game" decisions to Kabam. You're wasting your energy on something you cannot control.
    You want people to not discuss a part of the game, on a forum that is entirely devoted to discussing the game. It’s almost as though you just don’t want people offering opinions that don’t agree with you.

I didn’t see you saying that the poster who wrote that open letter should leave the health of the game decisions to Kabam. Were they wasting their time?
    Yet here you are, arguing right back at everyone who doesn't agree with you about how "bad" this "potentially" is for the game. Get over yourself :D
    …yeah, I’m discussing it. Without telling people to stop discussing it - I.e. the point of a forum.

I’m open to being wrong, if Kabam come and say “hey guys, we’ve thought about this and it’s absolutely fine and can go ahead.” Then I trust their judgement on what’s best for the game.

Or would you rather me just tell you to stop talking about this subject, and to get over yourself?
    When did I tell anyone to stop discussing it? You're always so quick to come argue with me whenever I post. I wrote my opinion - you're wasting energy on something you cannot control. That's an opinion. Stop putting words in people's mouths.
    Well yeah, you didn't say that word for word but when someone is discussing potential game issues and you say leave it to Kabam instead of wasting energy, what does that mean? Saying, "Leave it to Kabam" is not an opinion, it's nonsense and useless when people very well know that our voices do have a say (albeit if there's a big enough reaction) in matters. That's a fact.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

Miike, just tell us so we don't waste our time. Personally I think gifting should be removed until the kinks are fully sorted out but keeping players in the dark isn't okay.

They don't know. Duh.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    They're not likely going to reveal the specifics until the Event is announced. Just my opinion, but it seems logical.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    So it essentially means that there will be some form of progression based cap for the gifting events. Bare minimum to be done means do this much to get the gifting event up.
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    edited November 2021
    If Kabam says it's ok, more power to it.

My suggestions of flagging accounts who receive more than X unit (let's say 100k units) worth of gifts from alts are aimed at people trying to provide 3rd party units, bot, and rip people off.

Why wouldn't players want a more efficient unit grind method?

If Kabam is okay with this level of more efficient unit accumulation,
    just let everyone's main account be able to replay Acts1-4 and EQ rewards infinitely with restrictions of using only 2 stars or something, and receive free units on multiple accounts to gift to their main, because that's basically what creating new/grinding on alt accounts are doing.

They are grinding units more efficiently (through compensations, autofighting etc) by not playing their own account, better than by grinding on their own account.

One issue is how much units per hour is too much? If using more and more multiple accounts and then letting them sit and accumulate units a clearly more efficient unit gainer and Kabam is okay with that, if it gives better return than spending, why spend? Just buy 3rd party units- say it was your alt.

Another is if you can automate most of the unit grinding, and have been doing so the past year in preparation, who's to stop you from selling cheap units?
    thepiggy said:

They're not likely going to reveal the specifics until the Event is announced. Just my opinion, but it seems logical.

It's logical but it's dirty and it creates a free-for-all atmosphere and mistrust that's already plagued many areas of the game for years.

It's like the Police saying "we will let you know in the future if what you're doing is legal" or a Lottery saying "we will let you know how many tickets you're allowed to buy to increase your chances, it could be 1 ticket max or 1000, you'll know when it's too late". This is not a way to run it imo.
    It's not illegal. That doesn't mean it's guaranteed to yield an advantage. Ironically, just as many people that were warned about this "advantage" are in the process of taking advantage of it. So once again, YouTube has become a double-edged sword. Lol.
    There are some people who Gift themselves every year. People starting Alts in droves to cash in on this is well...collateral damage.
    I don't know what they're doing. I do know detailing it is the same as encouraging it.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I mean, I start an alt when BG does just to play along. I have seven accounts now. But, gifting isn’t guaranteed. They took it away completely years ago, outside of the event. The gifting event isn't guaranteed. It’s been modified repeatedly. I think you proceed at your own risk when assuming you can farm into any advantage.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    My guess is that it won't be changed significantly to the point of not allowing beginner, alt accounts to gift to other's.

Just something to prevent exploits, bots, or illegal activity. So unit farm on alts should still be okay
  • UnitboyUnitboy Posts: 31

My guess is that it won't be changed significantly to the point of not allowing beginner, alt accounts to gift to other's.

Just something to prevent exploits, bots, or illegal activity. So unit farm on alts should still be okay

And that's exactly what should be done, I don't know why people are mad about grinding 6 hours a day manually and then getting the rewards
This discussion has been closed.