**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Regarding Brian Grant’s Most Recent Video

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    ChriissR said:

You guys take YouTubers too seriously. If you're willing to make that many accounts, put in all those hours and grind the game for the gifting account. Good for you, you deserve those units lol

Most people saying its "Game-breaking", it literally won't affect you. You guys really take a following to someone who has 20k crystals in his stash and can't open an egg crystal 😂

It does affect us.

That’s like saying hacking doesn’t affect someone

Although this isn’t hacking, it still will have a major effect if nothing is done.

If someone does this enough they can literally be in Act 4 with a whole team of 6* Champions
  • UnitboyUnitboy Posts: 31
    Hoitado said:

ChriissR said:

You guys take YouTubers too seriously. If you're willing to make that many accounts, put in all those hours and grind the game for the gifting account. Good for you, you deserve those units lol

Most people saying its "Game-breaking", it literally won't affect you. You guys really take a following to someone who has 20k crystals in his stash and can't open an egg crystal 😂

It does affect us.

Although this isn’t hacking, it still will have a major effect if nothing is done.

If someone does this enough they can literally be in Act 4 with a whole team of 6* Champions
    No tf they can't
    ChriissR said:

Hoitado said:

ChriissR said:

It does affect us.

No actually, hacking is using third party software to gain an advantage over someone else in a game.

Spending your OWN 4-6 hours a day GRINDING a game manually is not breaking a game. I really want to meet someone who will do this for more then 5 days straight. You'll burn yourself out within a week, and if you don't, kudos to you, enjoy the units

Since when should you be able to get multiple 6* Champions from just playing for some hours
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    So this will have a restriction but arena bots are ok...
  • Texas_11 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kammcoc/status/1460626431868874754

For those who read at work.

I'm sure @DNA3000 would appreciate the write you.

Kam was his usual detailed self. I'm still digesting his write up, but I've also been thinking about this more practically myself. I was aware of the potential for this kind of thing even before Brian's video, but I didn't put a ton of thought into it. Now that I have, I think the question of how practical this all is hasn't been fully explored yet. The question I'm going to be putting some time into both testing and analyzing is: can a reasonably active grinder (someone already accustomed to grinding the game) make use of this in a practical and efficient way without going bananas.

The question of whether a cheater could use this is uninteresting, because I already know how that would work. But what this means for more "normal" players is to me a more interesting question. One of the things I pointed out to Kam directly is that he averages opportunity cost across an entire month, but an arena grinder wouldn't do that. For an arena grinder, Sunday has a completely different opportunity cost than the other days, and this changes the equation somewhat: away from pure mass, but towards more efficiency.

Alliances might also change things, but I haven't looked at that carefully yet.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

They're not likely going to reveal the specifics until the Event is announced. Just my opinion, but it seems logical.

It's logical but it's dirty and it creates a free-for-all atmosphere and mistrust that's already plagued many areas of the game for years.

It's like the Police saying "we will let you know in the future if what you're doing is legal" or a Lottery saying "we will let you know how many tickets you're allowed to buy to increase your chances, it could be 1 ticket max or 1000, you'll know when it's too late". This is not a way to run it imo.
    It's not illegal. That doesn't mean it's guaranteed to yield an advantage. Ironically, just as many people that were warned about this "advantage" are in the process of taking advantage of it. So once again, YouTube has become a double-edged sword. Lol.
    There are some people who Gift themselves every year. People starting Alts in droves to cash in on this is well...collateral damage.
    All I'm asking for is informed consent. Don't waste our time if we play within the rules if you're going to take it back later. No one likes running on a hamster wheel for nothing.
    I understand. The problem is, giving that information will encourage more people to do it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

ChriissR said:

Hoitado said:

ChriissR said:

It does affect us.

No actually, hacking is using third party software to gain an advantage over someone else in a game.

Spending your OWN 4-6 hours a day GRINDING a game manually is not breaking a game. I really want to meet someone who will do this for more then 5 days straight. You'll burn yourself out within a week, and if you don't, kudos to you, enjoy the units
    It's game breaking if the units earned are imbalanced, which they are. You can earn ~2k units a week grinding all arena milestones and BCs. If you can get that same amount farming Act 1-3 in 6hrs, the game is broken.

We wouldn't be having this conversation if the Act rewards weren't buffed.
    Correct. We had the same issue with the Act 1 Rev farm. These things are intended to assist people starting out. As with all things, people sometimes milk them.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Easy fixes to address some issues:

1) raise the minimum level/progression threshold to participate. Clear act 3 and be level 30 or something.

2) Someone suggested crystals based on progression. For someone who asked, “what if I want to trade with a legit uncollected player?” - Is there a way to manage gifting with a one-in, one-out rule? If you’re sending out a TB gifting crystal to someone, they can send one back. If it’s a one-way flow, you get stuck with the tier of the sender as the only available option.

3) track a plus-minus for value sent versus received. Beyond a certain threshold, flag it. No one who plays this game a lot is going to be popular enough to have loads of people giving them loads of free stuff. Lol.
  • Zan0 said:

How about er replace much of the unit rewards from act 1-3 with stuff players who are just starting should be spending their units on like mastery cores

This is actually something we're looking into anyways, but not necessarily to do with this event. Mastery Cores specifically are a great idea, since we want players to start learning about Masteries earlier in the game.
    Rockets scrapyard would be a nice event to come back. Had mastery cores as rewards.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Zan0 said:

Hey everybody,

Thank you all for the impassioned discussions here. When we made these changes to the early game, we knew that there could be some potential for this kind of behaviour. We were already looking into ways to make sure that this can't be exploited, but don't have the details right now.

But, as @TheCaptain412 said above, not all Alt accounts are bad, and we want to make sure we take that into account as well. There's a lot of nuances, and it needs to be worked out more before we can be confident in a plan.

(No, we're not going to announce that plan early :tongue: I am not going to give the blueprints for the minimum that has to be done to be able to exploit mass creating new alt accounts)

I recommend going into the game files finding the gifting feature and control alt delete
    You want to reboot gifting?
    No way, that would break the game.

Now some dude will post the video saying stop people from buying units for gifting.
    It is unfair to broke people that they can't spend the money in buying units and rich people are getting big rewards because they spend money. Hysterical!

You don’t know what Arena is do you?

If you do and you’re too lazy then that’s on you. The units are there but your just not willing to do it
    edited November 2021

ChriissR said:

yeh BG is nice bloke and all, but some of his decisions are questionable - e.g. waiting forever for aegon. instead of force thru abyss

He did force the through but got lucky with a crystal during that time
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    Last year, level requirement was 15, before you complete Act 3 you already hit Lv 15. This is why it doesn't matter for mass alt accounts. Kabam need to increase that.

Before Act 1-3 rework , requirement was Act 2 completion which you need to complete 48 map total. Now if they will go with the same strategy 48 maps brings you to Maestro (aka Act 4 Completion ). I don't think they will go with 5.2 Completion ( Uncollected title ) that would be a little much and there are some players who can't beat Collector with their own single account.

To sum up, I'm expecting Lv 25-30 and Act 4 Completion requirements for this year's event.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

ChriissR said:

yeh BG is nice bloke and all, but some of his decisions are questionable - e.g. waiting forever for aegon. instead of force thru abyss
    Eh, trying to force through Abyss without Aegon would be a massive pain. If you're not having fun or at least enjoying it a little, it's not worth doing.
    He also had 3 paths done without Aegon.
This discussion has been closed.