**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Regarding Brian Grant’s Most Recent Video

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

ChriissR said:

Most people saying its "Game-breaking", it literally won't affect you. You guys really take a following to someone who has 20k crystals in his stash and can't open an egg crystal 😂

yeh BG is nice bloke and all, but some of his decisions are questionable - e.g. waiting forever for aegon. instead of force thru abyss
    Eh, trying to force through Abyss without Aegon would be a massive pain. If you're not having fun or at least enjoying it a little, it's not worth doing.
    I've fully explored without him. Wasn't that bad of a experience honestly
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

ChriissR said:

Most people saying its "Game-breaking", it literally won't affect you. You guys really take a following to someone who has 20k crystals in his stash and can't open an egg crystal 😂

yeh BG is nice bloke and all, but some of his decisions are questionable - e.g. waiting forever for aegon. instead of force thru abyss
    Eh, trying to force through Abyss without Aegon would be a massive pain. If you're not having fun or at least enjoying it a little, it's not worth doing.
    I've fully explored without him. Wasn't that bad of a experience honestly
    Yes. We know
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 852 ★★★
    ChriissR said:

You guys take YouTubers too seriously. If you're willing to make that many accounts, put in all those hours and grind the game for the gifting account. Good for you, you deserve those units lol

BG concern is a reality for bot accounts. Recall last year. Kabam scrutinized the leader board for a couple weeks. However, some sus accounts remained in the top solo leader boards. It is the bots we worry about.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I never bothered exploring any of it on my genuine alt, now sitting on a couple of thousand units and like, 40 revives.

It does seem unfair that this account that is hardly used benefits from the changes this much but my main that explored years ago gets nothing.

Im genuinely considering a new alt to take advantage of this, that alone tells me there is something funny about the whole thing.

I think it was @DNA3000 that raised the idea of a completely new currency only for gifting, it seems to be the only genuine workaround that makes all accounts equal.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    To be perfectly frank, it's a bit controversial to take advantage of the Units added for new Players. Especially when this spread like wild fire. There has to be some kind of limiting parameters because the more it becomes a thing, the less and less fair the Event becomes. Now, I'm not debating the logistics of it, or throwing around the term exploit. I'm also not convinced it would overturn the game, and I understand that people have the right to invest their time into something like that. However, the more I think about it, the murkier it becomes. The whole spirit of the Event is to gift friends and Alliance mates. If it becomes a self-serving conduit, it's really not what it's about. Again, I have nothing invested in it either decision they make, but I do agree that it's grey area. It's still taking advantage of Units intended to help people starting out.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    ChriissR said:

You guys take YouTubers too seriously. If you're willing to make that many accounts, put in all those hours and grind the game for the gifting account. Good for you, you deserve those units lol

Yeah getting 45 six star crystals and unlimited cats and shards isn't game breaking (based on 300,000 units by ggcs). The issue is all the effort in the game goes into grinding these mini accounts. AW/AQ could lose a lot of players, there would be no point in doing monthly content or anything, instead, you would grind. That's assuming everyone doing this is doing it legitimately.

For others, there would be modders who are starting 100s of accounts and doing this then gifting their main accounts. BG said with multilple devices he could get 10k units a day. Let's say a modder can make 100k a day. 4.5 million units. 15 thousand GGCs. That guarantees you (statistically) the rarest drops. And if 9% of all your crystals are bunches of 5k six star shards you are looking at 675 six star crystals worth of shards. That's enough to pull every champion in the pool three times and then some. The chances of you not getting every champion would be low.

Last paragraph is a drastic over-excited example I know, but still. In this game? When people spend 100s of thousands of dollars? Drastic and over-excited is the high-tier cheaters' middle names'.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 308 ★★★
    DawsMan said:

ChriissR said:

Yeah getting 45 six star crystals and unlimited cats and shards isn't game breaking (based on 300,000 units by ggcs). The issue is all the effort in the game goes into grinding these mini accounts. AW/AQ could lose a lot of players, there would be no point in doing monthly content or anything, instead, you would grind. That's assuming everyone doing this is doing it legitimately.

For others, there would be modders who are starting 100s of accounts and doing this then gifting their main accounts. BG said with multilple devices he could get 10k units a day. Let's say a modder can make 100k a day. 4.5 million units. 15 thousand GGCs. That guarantees you (statistically) the rarest drops. And if 9% of all your crystals are bunches of 5k six star shards you are looking at 675 six star crystals worth of shards. That's enough to pull every champion in the pool three times and then some. The chances of you not getting every champion would be low.

Last paragraph is a drastic over-excited example I know, but still. In this game? When people spend 100s of thousands of dollars? Drastic and over-excited is the high-tier cheaters' middle names'.
    I'm all for the prevention of the kind of garbage you bring up, stopping cheaters, modders, bots etc should always be a priority. At the same time though somebody starting a side account or two and sending themselves say 10 ggcs from each shouldn't be something kabam is going out of their way to block. The sort of scenario where somebody legitimately farms out 200k units to gift themselves isn't practical unless you're treating unit farming as a full time job, which is asinine.

For the record I started a side account the other day with the goal of 3k units by gifting to send myself 10 extra ggcs. Far from game breaking or even noticeable for the most part. I'll be fine with needing to pay a bit of extra attention to complete act 4 or reach level 30 for example, both are entirely reasonable imo. If however they decide on a cutoff that excludes any account created since the early act changes were implemented I'll certainly skip any planned spending on my main account and just participate with whatever units I have on hand and leave it at that.

DawsMan said:

ChriissR said:

I'm all for the prevention of the kind of garbage you bring up, stopping cheaters, modders, bots etc should always be a priority. At the same time though somebody starting a side account or two and sending themselves say 10 ggcs from each shouldn't be something kabam is going out of their way to block. The sort of scenario where somebody legitimately farms out 200k units to gift themselves isn't practical unless you're treating unit farming as a full time job, which is asinine.

For the record I started a side account the other day with the goal of 3k units by gifting to send myself 10 extra ggcs. Far from game breaking or even noticeable for the most part. I'll be fine with needing to pay a bit of extra attention to complete act 4 or reach level 30 for example, both are entirely reasonable imo. If however they decide on a cutoff that excludes any account created since the early act changes were implemented I'll certainly skip any planned spending on my main account and just participate with whatever units I have on hand and leave it at that.
    Oh for sure! I plan to take a weekend and go on a baby account of mine, perhaps explore acts 123 on my mini account and get myself a few crystals. I agree with you that players should be able to do this and that these rewards are not given away.

Hopefully Kabam can come up with a pro player solution.
    QuikPik said:

You guys are all screaming up the wrong tree just because one popular YouTuber made a video that it takes a new account 6 hours to accumulate 2000 units. That's 6 hours that you mostly have to work for to earn.

You guys should be more concerned with hundreds if not thousands of arena bots that exist just waiting for this event so that they can either 1) give their main account thousands of GGCs or 2) sell GGCs at a highly discounted rate. These bots are sitting on millions of units that were earned illegitimately.

A simple look through the leader boards and you can spot some of the more blatant botters easily. Alliance less accounts all with similar names. Accounts that are mostly below level 40 and all have streaks greater than 1000. I even looked up one guys name and he has over 100 bot accounts.

I don't know why Kabam is so slow to responding to egregious breaches of ToS like this. It's not exactly hard to spot bot accounts.

It's not hard to spot them (although it all goes through due process), but it is hard to stop them from popping up again.
    The only other alternative is to delay results for every Arena, magnifying the work load, and verifying and adjusting Rewards everytime. Not exactly feasible.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    It is not hard at all to spot botters programmatically.

1. Look for accounts that have spent 60+ hours in an arena each 3 day period.
    2. Analyze accounts less than level 50 with streaks greater than 1000
    3. Sort said accounts by name and look for patterns in account name

Seriously, you could hire an intern to sift through this data and it won't take much effort to eliminate 90% of the botters.
    QuikPik said:

Seriously, you could hire an intern to sift through this data and it won't take much effort to eliminate 90% of the botters.

Then you're operating on an automated system of suspicion. There's a reason these things are checked with a process in mind.
    Not to mention, the names might be a pattern, but I've seen people stay up and Grind that long, and I've seen people have a Streak above that. There's no easy solution.
    QuikPik said:

Due process is what takes time. Making sure things are fair, double checking. I bet a lot of it is unnecessary but the few times it pays off its important. And it's important to be fair.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Even if they don't ban them straight away. Take a week to look at the data and then ban those accounts. "What If' Brian Grant created a bot farm and let it run for 6 months and Kabam didn't ban a single one of those accounts. He then creates a video and there'd be a huge uproar.

I just that Kabam rarely bans these accounts at a fast enough pace.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    If you could only react to bot accounts instead of being proactive it might be best to identify them then wait for the right time to remove them before they accomplish can their goal. If that goal was the gifting event you’d simply let them waste their time up until the event then ban them just prior to completely devalue their efforts and mitigate their impact; which is something Kabam has already been shown to do in the past.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I feel someone with one or 2 alt accounts is fine. But when it goes to 20 or 30, it's an exploit. Imo, the line between exploit and time saver is 10 accounts.
  • UnitboyUnitboy Posts: 31
    Xva23 said:

I feel someone with one or 2 alt accounts is fine. But when it goes to 20 or 30, it's an exploit. Imo, the line between exploit and time saver is 10 accounts.

I myself want 20 GGCs, 3k units from my main account, I will trade 10 for 10 and 10 more from 2 alts
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Zan0 said:

If they are concerned, one possible solution would be to add progression levels to the ggcs based on the sender so the new accounts would be sending out conqueror level resources.

I have always found it weird that a new account can get something with a pretty decent chance for a 6*.

This is a really good idea, I think that would solve the GGCs problem, and therefore a large part of the whole issue. But revives, refills and other items which couldn't be gated like a GGC by progression would still be an issue.
    Stop it from being a gifting event and turn it into a trading event. Boom 3 birds killed with 1 stone. No more kids getting scammed, no more botting on new accounts and no more new account gifting in general

As in you can only gift something if the other person gives the same (or similar) amount of units? Hmm, I'm not sure on that one, doesn't it kind of get rid of the whole gifting spirit of christmas?

What about wanting to send an alliance mate a gift or two, or people sending youtubers gifts. I dont know, I always liked that aspect of the gifting event. Amidst all the fraud, cheating and scams it was the one wholesome part of the event
    Don't think it has changed. I think this is where we agree to disagree. If someone can spend unlimited money , I believe someone should have the right to unlimited farming.

I mean, the situation quite literally has changed. That's not an opinion, that's counting.
    The situation is people can gift their main account units during gifting event. In my eyes nothing has changed. Just seems like people are concerned on how others choose to spend their time enjoying the game.
    For real
    This doesn’t even affect gifting ranked rewards (this implies someone in the alliance would get kicked for the time being and lose other ranked rewards access including gifting which is not worth it at all)
    Everyone can equally farm units in alt accounts so there’s no injustice
    The only one’s it truly affects is kabam sales the end
    Any other complaint about this being an issue is just nonsense to me
    BG created a lot of unnecessary drama on this one...
  • KablKabl Posts: 315 ★★★
    Dkcody42 said:

What’s the deal with Brian anyway? What I mean is what is the motivation behind his super free to play mindset? I’ve never heard him mention why he plays the way he does. Is he unemployed and pressed for cash? I genuinely don’t know what his deal is and would actually really like to know?

To know how far a f2p can succeed and just for fun.

Kabl said:

Dkcody42 said:

What’s the deal with Brian anyway? What I mean is what is the motivation behind his super free to play mindset? I’ve never heard him mention why he plays the way he does. Is he unemployed and pressed for cash? I genuinely don’t know what his deal is and would actually really like to know?

To know how far a f2p can succeed and just for fun.
    he is in unique postion tho, 99.9% of f2p cant devote time to this game like him, so he is just another extreme on spectrum
    True, the man BG has no life and treats mcoc as a full time job
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    As far as I can make out we can all go back in and re-explore act 1/2/3 to get the units and revives? There’s a lot of revives on the paths btw.

The way I see it it’s the least we deserve for putting up with the potential 6+ months of serious bugs and disproportionate or disappointing solo assistance packages.

Re the gifting alts, I started 2 last year, one was TB by the summer and the other is halfway through a6 now. Stopped playing my main so that didn’t really work out. 😂
This discussion has been closed.